2005 HSC Art Major works (1 Viewer)

tanka

HSC
It's a .swf, and i'm not posting it as I hate it. :)

I made it in flash. I always intended my major work to be an animation. It was going to be a political version of road runner with osama and bush chasing eachother endlessly around the desert. I quickly got sick of the idea, and was unimpressed with what I had created, so I made the comic covers in my boredom and thought I should submit a smaller video as a small part of my BOW. (Just to show I had some animating skills and continue the political theme.) The end result is basically two minutes of a cartoon bush and osama chasing eachother back and forth to music.

It was the smartest thing I think I did with the work. I saw some digital videos last year at art express and they were awesome beyond anything I could create.

nookie

HSC
tanka, they're awesome. it must have taken ages to draw(?). i think you'll get in!

HSC
N/A
Oooo political.

Always great to see some humorous political art :cool:

You've done well! (I speak in the past tense, like I'm already congratulating you for your good art practical marks) ;)

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
ohleiohleiheho said:
That tanka.....so hot right now!

word, they're mad!

Hey, someone said they would love to have them hanging in their house, and I actually agree, and, if it's cool with you, could i get you to send me some high rez versions, i have a spot on my wall that is a botticelli that looks out heaps out of place that i have been wanting to swap with something for ages, and i would love to have one of your works if thats cool.

i'll add you to msn, and we talk?

tanka

HSC
I don't know why anybody would want them hanging on their wall, they don't seem like that kind of art to me. However, surprisingly enough I have been asked this before and my answer was no.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to hand out copies of my BOW at the moment. Ask again when weve got our marks back. I really wouldnt want to cause a controversy with my marks because i'd distributed copies of my BOW. :)

Thanks for the comments too guys! I'm glad you like them! :)

MichaelPH

chamelia said:
The whole BOW is portriats of musicians..I kinda made that theme apparent thru the image of the microphone on two of the prints..the musical notes (kinda blended inot the backgorund of another print) and the use of those vertical lines throughout (like musical staff lines)

Do I see Moloko and PJ Harvey??? I hope so, awesome use of colour.

cate_7x

HSC
tanka said:
I signed up just then, impressed with the quality of the artworks in this thread. I thought i'd show off my own.

http://www.boomspeed.com/tanka/collectionbow.jpg

It's a collection of comic book covers I appropriated digitally to recontextualise them. (they were originally 1940s captain america covers) I submitted them as A3 prints framed in two seperate frames. (in groups of 3) I also submitted an animation which I hate.

I apologise for the quality in the link, I had to reduce the quality for bandwidth purposes. :p
Wow tanka that is awsome - I love it!

Chris Lloyd

My major work

Heres my major work. I did a digital animation in Adobe After Effects. It got 48/50 for the internal examination.

http://www.rianlloyd.com/ChrisLloyd/Apeiron/

My artists statement:
"Through semiotic images in society, we are presented with paths which differ from the lives we lead. These paths, while seeming to lead us from conflict to resolution, are infact merely illusions in the narrative that is modern urban living: the labyrinth. Sometimes we feel the urge to escape the confines of the city, but the nature of this illusion proves the ever permeating nature of deception.

The white city and the various abstract realities within it have been influenced by modernist artists such as Victor Vasarely and Bridget Riley as well as novels such as ‘1984’. I explore abstract and monochromatic scenery as motifs to depict what we see as we choose a path in an imaginary reality.

The Apeiron is a cosmological theory created by Anaximander in the 6th century BC. It is an endless, unlimited mass subject to neither old age nor decay, which perpetually yields fresh materials from which everything which we can perceive is derived. It embraces opposites like light and dark, real and unreal, and directed the movement of things, by which evolved the host of shapes and differences we find in the world. It relates to my piece by being the link between the fictitious world we see in the work, and the world that surrounds us in everyday life."

tanka

HSC
That is awesome Chris!

That's art express stuff, and the animations I saw at art express were awesome. your animation is that high quality. :)

cuivienen

HSC
Chris.Lloyd - Your work is highly original, complex and simply wonderful (I also love the music)...I hope your effort sees an excellent result...I'd definitely want to see this on the art express short-film reel...Did Minimalist artworks influence some of the shots in your short film?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
That short film is way better than a lot of the films at art express last year.

i hope you make it in, i really enjoyed that. The music is sick, who is it by? Or is it self devised?

Good stuff.

mugnet

HSC
yes indeed. its not as though i had to distort the words or anything: it was all there for the satirising..

mugnet

HSC
oh and if you were being sarcastic not-so-bright then excuse my stupidity..i can never tell if ppl are being sarcastic on here or not!! :)

soso

HSC
N/A
Did you document this in your VAPD

New book out by heinemann. Focus on Folio.Great for year 11 trying to decide what to do for BOW also good for year 12 wanting to get to art school with advice on what to do to get in at http://www.hi.com.au/folio/

go to the tread New book for years 11 and 12 for other good books to help

H.S.What?

HSC
heres my major, (acrylic on canvas - 3 panels totalling 1.2m x 1.8m altogether) this photo is a little old so its not the final work.. please tell me wat u think, good or bad comments welcome

oh, and see if you can guess what the concept is .... i am worried it is too vague

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)