2005 Permanent Resident (PR) Uni Students (1 Viewer)

epsilon

HSC
Yo dudes! I was just wondering whether there are any Permanent Residents (PR) students who are going to go to uni this year, specifically of the 'Skills' or 'Business' migration kind. Have you guys read your HECS booklet yet? Does that mean we are not eligible to get the HECS-HELP loans this year? That really sucks, especially when you consider that 'Humanitarian' PRs still get access to it. Thanx!

epsilon

HSC
Yo Vortex, thanks HEAPS for pointing out that article to me man! Howard's motherf**king government!!! You must understand, like that article said, there was almost NO warning on this for this year's undergraduate students. My family buys the Daily Telegraph, and since I'm about to go to uni this year, obviously I've been paying close attention to any articles concerning uni lately. And trust me, I did NOT see any articles on this whatsoever.

I mean, I'm suprised and dissapointed on this sneaky change man. Australia, being a migrant country, naturally would have many of PRs living here, especially business and skills PRs. And it's not like I don't want Aussie citizenship! It's just that I can only get it come July. My dad came here, not based on some 'Humanitarian' visa, but under the 'Skills' category. He and my mum gets taxed by the government just like everyone else, which pays for this country's educational, health care and many other services. I think it's bloody unfair for it to pass this kind of change, and even worse, doing it sneakily without making it more well-known to the public.

billion_yao

samething here!

i think i hav to pay up front now. but i am still confusing about dat i am a fee paying student or still a hex-paying? coz i rang to uac, she said dat i can get hex loan after i come a citizen. but as i known, from fee-paying student change to a hex-paying student is very difficult, dat is about 1 in 100 students.

does anyone knows about dat?
thx

epsilon

HSC
Yo billion_yao, you're still a HECS student. HECS student gets to pay something like only 1/3 of your course's full fees. Eg. a Commerce degree's full fees is about $18,000 a year. Since you're a HECS student, you just have to pay about $6000 a year. BUT for Australian citizens, they get access to HECS-HELP, which is a kind of load which reduces your $6000 fee to something much lower. Then you have to pay it back only when you've stared working. Last year's PRs still got access to HECS-HELP, it's only from this year onwards that we PRs gets screwed by John Howard and Brendon Nelson. F**k them.

billion_yao

thanx heaps
my family just voted them ticket...

and another 2 questions

is our tuition fee called "contribution"? i rang up uac, they said dat i hav to pay da full contribution plus da full tuition fee? wtf! yu kno! confusing about dat! dat should be about 15000 a year???

can i pay da 1st semester first ie.means just da first 6 months? i am going to apply citizenship a.s.a.p.
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)