2005 Timetables (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i'm scared for the new timetables to come out - looking at the 2004 timetables my first semester will be 29 hours a week... that's crazy - especially Ag/Natural Resources unit which is a huge 11 hours! ahhhhhhh i'm scared... although knowing me i probably read the timetables wrong...

Ashleet

HSC
im doing at least 5 units first semester, more likely going to be 6 so heres hoping there arent too many overlaps, might have to end up doing one or two externally :(

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
im doin 4 economics subjects, thats if i dont fail a second semester unit from this year

Ashleet

HSC
yeah im trying not to think of subjects ive probably failed from last semester to include for next year. Only 5 more days tll we can find out

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
6 subjects???????? now thats dedication. i havent even thought about timetables ive only just made sure i had the right semester for them all.. this could cause a problem. meh.

Ashleet

HSC
woohohoohoo said:
6 subjects???????? now thats dedication. i havent even thought about timetables ive only just made sure i had the right semester for them all.. this could cause a problem. meh.

not dedication - stupid me wanting to do a double major and possibly qualify for honors as well

tamster

u advise?

Ashleet said:
not dedication - stupid me wanting to do a double major and possibly qualify for honors as well
I want to do to majors too. eng and maths. and then minor in history. Need to do extra on degree though

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Ashleet said:
Your honours is not going to go on if you finish your degree on time, it goes on whether you have at least a credit average plus. If you keep failing things and taking more on you won't be honoursing anywhere soon.

You may also find the university not very willing to allow you to do more than 5 subjects without approval from your faculty dean. Although this should be easy to obtain but you better have a good excuse as to why you think you will pass everything doing 6 subjects when you didn't pass everythine only doing 4.

I was doing 8 subjects every semester this year but they were at different unis so they couldn't complain because one didn't know about the other :)

Also remember that if you want to do a lot of different things it might be worthwhile simply doing a 3 year degree and then going in for a grad dip or masters in the other field, you get seperate qualifications and recognition that way. It also makes it easier on you as well as you can drop out after your first degree if you change your mind. That is if I wanted say BArts/BIT instead of doing the combined degree I could do the BA and then grad dip or masters the BIT.

Edit: Quick Spelling fix

Last edited:

Ashleet

HSC
thanx for the advice.

timetables are finally up (cept most of the THEA units again :( ) so far looks like i have 2 clashes and 15 hours of class for 4 units :( (I want my old 7 hours a week back !)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)