2005 UAI's (1 Viewer)

G

gigi_love

Ok so i basically screwed up my assessment mark, i did ok i passed etc got like 70% for most assessment..but i initially would have liked to go alot better. If i do very well in the actual H.S.C will it pull my UAI up alot? im stressed.....

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Second what velox said.
Your sole focus, having presumably finished trial exams, is now on the HSC. If you do well in the HSC exam, this will definitely pull your marks up and will lead to a higher UAI. If you work hard from now until the HSC exams, you'll be rewarded and you'll be happy with your UAI :)

Pixydust*

Hey!! I was told that this is a good place to ask my UAI questions so if someone wouldn't mind helping me out, that would be much appreciated :) Here is all my information, i'm hoping to get a UAI of, or above 99.6. I know it will be alot of hard work, but i'm willing to do it if there's even a chance that it's possible!

I attend a good school, its in the top 30 high schools in the state. I do 12 units, with the exception of maths and english *rolls eyes* i'm in the top 3 for all my subjects. However, my assessment marks aren't very good at all! I have 80's and one 90, and lets not go NEAR english and maths shall we. I guess what i'm trying to say is, if i do really well in the HSC, and i have decent ranks now, do i stand a chance? Any advice would be great. Thank you!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Pixydust* said:
Hey!! I was told that this is a good place to ask my UAI questions so if someone wouldn't mind helping me out, that would be much appreciated :) Here is all my information, i'm hoping to get a UAI of, or above 99.6. I know it will be alot of hard work, but i'm willing to do it if there's even a chance that it's possible!

I attend a good school, its in the top 30 high schools in the state. I do 12 units, with the exception of maths and english *rolls eyes* i'm in the top 3 for all my subjects. However, my assessment marks aren't very good at all! I have 80's and one 90, and lets not go NEAR english and maths shall we. I guess what i'm trying to say is, if i do really well in the HSC, and i have decent ranks now, do i stand a chance? Any advice would be great. Thank you!
well, your english will be counted towards your HSC no matter what. So if your marks aren't so good, your chances of getting 99.6 greatly diminish.

you'll need around ~90 for english at least if you want 99.6+, assuming you do very well in your other subjects.

laura_h

HSC
hey, i think a lot of people have this problem! (life gets in the way all year goddamnit)

i was wondering the exact sam thing, my assessment marks are in the 80's my ranks are average or better and i need 93+ uai to get in my course...

so if i do really well in the exam, this is achievable?

香港!

HSC
At school it's all about ranks and gaps between the ranks... NOT the marks...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
laura_h said:
hey, i think a lot of people have this problem! (life gets in the way all year goddamnit)

i was wondering the exact sam thing, my assessment marks are in the 80's my ranks are average or better and i need 93+ uai to get in my course...

so if i do really well in the exam, this is achievable?
You can't really predict your UAI from raw assessment marks, because they undergo a variety of changes before being reported on your Record of Achievement. If you do really well in the HSC exam, you will do well and you'll be happy with your UAI :)

HSC
Hey John, in JUAIseek an 80 in MX2 is counted above a 90 in EX2. Is this accurate?

If i get (somehow) for these subjects 2,3,4 english, 3,4 maths, phys, chem these marks respectively: 93, 46, 44, 94, 82, 95, 94 what uai am I up for?

Granted this is pretty hypothetical, and unlikely to happen. And what would happen if the 4 u maths was even worse, say 75?

Thanks

Carnivour

HSC
so is a 95 in physics. they mark it extremely strictly, harder than chem, this coming from my physics teacher, who was a senior physics marker last year.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Carnivour said:
so is a 95 in physics. they mark it extremely strictly, harder than chem, this coming from my physics teacher, who was a senior physics marker last year.
By strictly, do you mean the markers are pedantic about the way students answer the questions (minor details and nit-picking kind of things), or that the markers just expect a very detailed and extensive response to get the marks?

Carnivour

HSC
heh, a month later.

by strictly, i mean that there is a specific set of criteria that they are looking for to obtain full marks. i realise this sounds like for a lot of subjects, but in physics in particular you HAVE to mention certain things to get the marks, not for example a range of possible responces.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Ah ic...that was the case in the CSSA Chemistry exam - for the question about what an addition polymer was - I lost a mark coz I didn't mention the double bond breaking, even though I mentioned that there was no loss of a molecule and that each monomer joined together in a chain...meh - at least it was only 1 mark :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)