2006 HCS Texts (1 Viewer)

PhoenixFire

Photographer
HSC
Starting off the new year into the last legs of the HSC course, what text are used for this year's HSC?

I'm stuggling to find a study guide for David Malouf's "An Imaginart Life"...pls help otherwise list your Texts Below!

Cheers

P

pLuvia

Are you talking about the HSC texts we do for this module?

Emma/Clueless
Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Pardoners Tale/A Simple Plan
An Imaginary Life/Wordworth Selected Poems
Bladerunner/Bragve New World
The Golden Age/Throwim Way Leg

I'm doing BNW/BR

PhoenixFire

Photographer
HSC
Yeah i was, cheers mate,..

i was actually tring to get ppl to list the study guides so they dont have to always search for em

Cheers

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm doing:
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (AOS)
  • Hamlet/R&G
  • Frontline
  • King Lea

.ben

HSC
Im doin exactly the same as you Riviet except in stead of hamlet, king lear and huckleberry, im doin brave new word, temptes and gwen harwood.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
.ben said:
Im doin exactly the same as you Riviet except in stead of hamlet, king lear and huckleberry, im doin brave new word, temptes and gwen harwood.
That's not exactly the same as me or even close :p, but at least you're doing Frontline, which I heard is quite humourous.

alexander morel

HSC
PhoenixFire said:
Starting off the new year into the last legs of the HSC course, what text are used for this year's HSC?

I'm stuggling to find a study guide for David Malouf's "An Imaginart Life"...pls help otherwise list your Texts Below!

Cheers
hi there is a study guide under the "top notes" brand, its written by Barvara & Michael Stanners.
The title is: David malouf's AN IMAGINARY LIFE & selected poems WORDSWORTH study notes for Advanced english MODULE A
u can get it at Dymocks

Hope i helped Al :eek:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Since this has turned into a 'what text our you doing' thread...

* Brave New World (Finished reading, ready for school)

* Bladerunner

However the school selected these texts and I assume the same is for other schools...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
alexander morel said:
hi there is a study guide under the "top notes" brand, its written by Barvara & Michael Stanners.
The title is: David malouf's AN IMAGINARY LIFE & selected poems WORDSWORTH study notes for Advanced english MODULE A
u can get it at Dymocks

Hope i helped Al :eek:
lots of people i wenty throught with used that. i heard it was pretty good.

frontline isn't all its cracked up to be rivet....not that it isnt funny, but everything loses its glow somehow when you di it for your HSC....:p myohmy, huckleberry finn - lucky you..

Lexie1001

HSC
im doing bladerunner & brave new world - yuk. but it beats journeys, i never want to hear the j word again....and its not even trials yet.

babs1234

HSC
beef wiv david malouf

im pretty sure david malouf is a bumbling lunatic that cant string two sentences together. instead he repeats himself by rearranging his sentences so that one line becomes eight. and thus in the process boring the pants off everybody. wiv eight sentences to every point he is bound to find the right way to say it.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
frontline isn't all its cracked up to be rivet....not that it isnt funny, but everything loses its glow somehow when you di it for your HSC....:p myohmy, huckleberry finn - lucky you..
I watched the first episode of Frontline, it's not like "rofl" type funny, but still has some good lines to laught at. Huck Finn is a great read, didn't mind doing it for AOS as a result. :)

o0Lucy0o

HSC
im also doing david malouf and wordsworth!! Am imaginary life is actually quite interesting.....just a bit hard to understand at first!! im looking for some material 4 that 2 so if u find any let me kno!!! :)

xblizzard

HSC
I'm doing Wordsworth and An Imaginary life - its awful. Then Speeches and Antony and Cleopatra.

LynH1326

HSC
have done frontline (find some good summaries for the eps and find the doco 'outfoxed') and coleridge (imaginative journey, don't get confused with physical or inner journeys)
am doing cloudstreet (VERY VERY GOOD BOOK... first 50 pages are hard to get thru...)
will do hamlet/R&G are dead term 2(end)&3

the excel study guides (approx $20 from bookshop) are invaulable! money worth spending.. thats if you'll use them!

punk_tartan

HSC
ill add my texts,........ wer doing hamlet and roz and gil, so far all weve done is read thru it, not much on conext or anything. we also did mr peter skrzynecki for physical journies, cloudstreet (PUkes) and then we do frontline

Monz

HSC
I'm doing Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, not terrible, but not brilliant either...Frontline has been by far the best text we've done though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)