• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2006 Mac students (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Haha, who needs outdoor showers, when you got the comfort of the lake!
Hey hey! Ze lake!

Has anyone ever been swimming in there? I'm beginning to seriously think about it... it's SO HOT!!!

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, who needs outdoor showers, when you got the comfort of the lake!
asylum.......now he's an ideas man. he has good ideas.

that is brilliant.

buy some shampoo..........wander off into the lake. awesome.

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I used to have this sort of "I don't drink" thing up until sometime this year. Then I began to sip. Then I started mixing teensy amonts of Bailey's into milk, then I had two big tumblers of this vodka/lemonade/rasberry cordial drink my friend made for me. One shot of vodka in each glass - yes, lots and lots and lots of lemonade and cordial to lessen taste of alcohol.

I don't think I'll ever be much of a drinker, really. I'm quite small in size, plus, I don't like the aftertaste of alcohol :S Sniffing beer and wine makes me feel sick, the only things I can really stomach are the drinks that have so much other stuff added in that I can't taste or feel or smell the alcohol. Therefore, what's the point of having it in there? :S
nobody really likes the taste of alcohol.

anyone that tells you they do are liars.

it is a fact of life, alcohol............tastes bad..............mmmmmmmmmk.

HSC
N/A
If it tastes bad, why do you drink it? Whhhhyyyyy?

although the calming down feeling is good...

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, for sure :D

Rum and Cola for me
ah rum and cola one of my most hated drinks.

i'm a bit of a weirdo in regards to mixing drinks, i can't stand anything sweet mixed with alcohol.

so its either beer, gin and tonic, or drinking whiskey etc straight for me.

shots are brilliant, because you don't have to put up with sipping on alchohol for ages. take the shot, then have a bit of water as a chaser, and its like you had nothing.

wow majorly offtopic now.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, yeah well, i was strictly a bourbon chaser kinda guy, but ever since i had a sip of rum and cola, i was hooked and a convert :)

HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
wow majorly offtopic now.
Vive la classic MQ off-topic conversation topics. I guess if the MQ mod really wants to move it out as the "MQ alcohol appreciation thread", then fine, otherwise I'm sure we'll find some other unsuspecting thread to hijack before long ;)

I actually really like the sweet drinks - real lemon lime and bitters is wonderful! That, or bailey's... the toblerone drink also sounds really nice. Must make new friends that can mix drinks well! :D

Blonde moment: Is there a way of getting rid of the bad taste in alcohol, without actually getting rid of the alcohol? :S

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Blonde moment: Is there a way of getting rid of the bad taste in alcohol, without actually getting rid of the alcohol? :S
chasers chasers chasers.

thats why shots are brilliant. its for people that dont like the taste of alcohol but just wanna get drunk. straight to the point. take a shot of jack daniels........have a glass of water afterwards. taste of alcohol is gone.

if you actually mean is it possible to make it so alcohol doesn't taste like alcohol then no.

maybe you might like gin and tonic or vodka and orange juice. they mix so well that they just taste like what their mixed with (either tonic water or orange juice).

its much better to get drunk off shots but. think about it.......if you have 6 shots.........thats 240ml of liquid in your stomach.

if you get drunk off 6 beers or 6 cans of rum and coke, thats 2L of liquid inside your stomach. just say you drink these over 2 hours.........you wouldn't drink 2L of water normally in that much time.

ridiculous i say.

HSC
N/A
I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm purely curious.

What's the interest in getting drunk? We're basically surmised that the taste of alcohol sucks, so there must be some other benefit I'm missing...?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha its good for a bbq and just freeing inhibitions ;) I don't find it all that appealing since its legal, but twas a great past time back in year 8

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm purely curious.

What's the interest in getting drunk? We're basically surmised that the taste of alcohol sucks, so there must be some other benefit I'm missing...?
loss of inhibitions
increase in confidence
generally everything is fun while drunk

drunk people act like idiots. to a sober onlooker they may wonder "these people are idiots". but to other drunk people its like "yaaaaay party woooooo"

hard to explain.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its great for getting chics that you normally wouldn't have had a chance with haha :p

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Wanting to do

B Media in Screen Production
plus via units and an extra semester or two end up with Ba Contemporary Music

and to further discussion - i hate booze altogether - dun touch the stuff >< lol *loser*

bebe<3

HSC
Im starting Commerce/Laws at Mac this year ... My first year at Mac but not my first year of uni ;)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
bebe<3 said:
Im starting Commerce/Laws at Mac this year ... My first year at Mac but not my first year of uni ;)
damnation said:
Yay! Another law buddy:hammer:
Congratulations to you both! I'll be doin first year law units as well...
bebe which uni did you go to before?

Phanatic

HSC
jezzmo said:
I am willing to disagree! When I get home from a hard days work I don't reach for a sugary drink. I reach for the hops and grain! I don't even care if it's a good light beer. If it has a the full taste, you will see me smiling.
Definately definately agree. I used to be equally of the opinion that no-one could really like the taste of beer. I started out on the mixers, like all good 16/17 year olds. It's only been these last few years that I've really honed my appreciation of beer, and now I love the stuff. I prefer a beer to a coke. A soft drink can be just too sickly. I even like light beer, which I used to think was the antichrist!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)