2006 MBA Rankings (Audit of the class of 2003) (1 Viewer)

mashi

Elite
HSC
who are you guys and what relation would u have with Wharton?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
damm AGSm is number 75....looks like I wont be going there.

epsilon

HSC
Is UNSW/USYD/Macq U's MBA program all rolled into that AGSM? If not, where the heck is UNSW's MBA program in that chart? Lol, so much for UNSW's preceived 'dominance' in the Commerce field! :D

P.S.: Melbourne Uni got their MBA program onto the list, higher than the AGSM as well.

SertseSW

HSC
AGSM is shared by both Usyd and UNSW.

MGSM isn't mentioned in the ranks I believe.

As for Melb.., well Uni Melb has always beaten both Usyd and UNSW in all sorts/types of rankings, if thats what you are interested in...

Capitalist

HSC
Yeah what's with AGSM's poor ranking?

Are they just being biased or what?

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
It should be ranked by salary hahaha... as if anyone who does an MBA does it for interest... the sole factor is salary!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Omnidragon said:
It should be ranked by salary hahaha... as if anyone who does an MBA does it for interest... the sole factor is salary!!
Alot of these people are already earning huge sallaries and are actually doing it to be better at what they do... but u know whatever.

phrred

HSC
tacky said:
WTF!?!?!??!

Are you stupid? I hope you are joking!

Why the heck would 3 of Sydney's largest unis which are effectively bitter rivals in every way all roll their MBA program into AGSM?????

AGSM is 75% owned by UNSW and 25% owned by USyd

Macshithouse Uni is f*ck all on that MBA Rankings list

From 2006 onwards AGSM will revert to being 100% owned by UNSW and USyd will effectively have no MBA program.
Least someone knows something about AGSM

Theres UNSW Commerce dominance for u epsilon....hardly say 75th is dominance tho

Alimoe_KG

HSC
epsilon said:
Is UNSW/USYD/Macq U's MBA program all rolled into that AGSM? If not, where the heck is UNSW's MBA program in that chart? Lol, so much for UNSW's preceived 'dominance' in the Commerce field! :D

P.S.: Melbourne Uni got their MBA program onto the list, higher than the AGSM as well.
These kind of ranks fluctuates quite a lot when you get outside the top 20. And let's face it, Australian business schools can't compare with American ones.

But inside of Asia-Pacific, AGSM dominates quite a lot and beats UM in some rankings and in some years. I remember in 2005, AGSM's MBA was ranked as the top in the Asia-Pacific. So meh. But just generally:

Forbes Magazine ranked AGSM 9th in the non-US schools segment – no other Asian business school was included in the rankings
Asia-Inc. magazine ranked AGSM’s full time MBA program as equal 6th amongst the prominent business schools in the Asian region.
The Australian Financial Review Boss Magazine ranked AGSM in the top band of leading business schools for the second consecutive year (full time and part time MBA).
Financial Times (UK) ranked AGSM the number one business school in Asia and Australia for the part-time MBA.
Financial Times (UK) ranked AGSM’s executive education as first in Asia and Australia.

And yes, soon, Usyd won't have an MBA program. And if they do create one, it won't be accredited by the AACSB. So basically, UNSW business pwns Usyd like Ali would pwn Mundine.

epsilon

HSC
Peeps, I stand corrected :) All bow to UNSW's Commerce might! :D

But neh, I'm still going to USYD soon. I'll just go to AGSM when I wanna do my MBA then :p

P.S.: Wow, seen how low Oxford, and especially Cambridge is in that list? UK unis are being creamed by those US ones. There are even 2 Spanish ones ahead of Oxbridge.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
The London Financial Times has ranked MGSM among the top 35 business schools worldwide for the quality of its executive education. MGSM has significantly improved its overall ranking, now #37 in the world, up from #45 in 2004. One of only three Australian business schools to receive a top 40 ranking. MGSM's Director Corporate and Executive Education, Chris Clark said "We are delighted to have the quality of the work we do recognised by such a prestigious survey".

This is the fourth consecutive year MGSM has been ranked in the top 40 open enrolment programs, putting it in the company of leading business schools including Kellogg, IESE and London Business School. Rankings are based on customer satisfaction surveys of course participants (80%) from MGSM's Strategic Management Program and Foundations of General Management Program and a business school survey (20%).

Course participants rank schools on criteria such as course design, quality of participants and new skills developed. The business school survey evaluates criteria such as the diversity of course participants and faculty, the amount of repeat business the school receives and program growth. Subsequently, MGSM was ranked #6 worldwide for repeat business and growth, reinforcing the quality of its programs. According to Chris Clark "striving for client satisfaction and loyalty are fundamental foundations of the MGSM business model, and we are pleased to see this reflected in our globally excellent ranking for repeat business".

The Financial Times rankings are well respected globally due to their rigourous and transparent methodology

http://www.gsm.mq.edu.au/index.cfm?objectID=C68C211B-D903-4BE8-A2649C5C2D74F938

phrred

HSC
epsilon said:

But neh, I'm still going to USYD soon. I'll just go to AGSM when I wanna do my MBA then :p

P.S.: Wow, seen how low Oxford, and especially Cambridge is in that list? UK unis are being creamed by those US ones. There are even 2 Spanish ones ahead of Oxbridge.
i dont think oxbridge are that good at business are they?

ur goin to USYD to do commerce?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I did not think Oxbridge was famous for their business related stuff..

they are more definately more renown for biomedical and sciences..

looks interesting

epsilon

HSC
phrred said:
ur goin to USYD to do commerce?
Yeah. UNSW, for some reason, has never really appealed to me. I know, I know, it's supposed to rule in commerce and stuff, but yeah, USYD ain't so bad either.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
epsilon said:

Sif go to UK to learn business. Their country's like growing at what? 1.3% or something per annum? Pathetic :p

And epsilon, i haven't personally experienced usyd commerce for myself but many friends currently doing commerce/law there believe that UTS business is probably more useful than Usyd commerce in the job market. So i don't know. But others seem to have had better experiences of it so it probably depends on what major you're doing. But yeah, UNSW doesn't market itself as well as USYD at important occaisions like open days :( *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
epsilon said:
Yeah. UNSW, for some reason, has never really appealed to me. I know, I know, it's supposed to rule in commerce and stuff, but yeah, USYD ain't so bad either.
UNSW doesn't 'rule' in undergrad commerce. It's good at some things, ok at others. Most of the top NSW unis are this way.

Personally, I think I may try for Harvard about 3-5 years after graduation from uni. Shouldn't have much trouble getting in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)