2006 PIP Progress Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hindsight is a powerful tool - i think everyone has things they wish they had or hadn't done with their PiP.
and yes, its when you actually buckle down and get into the nitty gritty of your paper that you realise just how complicated it really is...
all that aside - you 06ers are going to do your very best and get past all the hurdles.

kelly_xxx

HSC
have not started writing. Well.. 2 sentences of intro and it sounds so corny. More research... i dont get how people can send out 300 surveys and analyse them. Good efforts....

ponny

HSC
i havnt started my writing either!
we're on our 3rd different teacher since preliminary, and they've all decreased in qaulity since the first..she was good! we luvd her, the next was alright..atleast she tried but omg..our one now? SHE DOESNT GIVE A SHIT about us i swear she doesnt...its sux :'( and i had a topic cahnged a few months ago...im doing the ethics of organ donation...i only handed my questionaire out today, and i have a progress-on-your-research speech asesment tomoro ...im doing it now..but its worth 15% im scared. but im mostly scared of my pip ..

fergie

HSC
my pip is called "finding emo" and its about whether emo's are about music fashion etc or if there is really some deep seeded issues that caused this subculture to emerge.
im so screwed though , i have no idea how to fill up my CM ... i've done surveys but i dont know how to write it. i have to hand in a 'work in process' in just under a week should i be writing my opinions, and jsut writing from my head? i just have no idea how to approach this!! i should've started LONG ago , i realise this - my only excuse is that i have music and art to do as well and i've been sick , but yeah , if anyone can help PLEASE DO!! i would appreciate it soooo much! my email is fergie_may@hotmail.com and im on myspace my link is myspace.com/fergie_mika
thanks heaps!! xxx

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
I'm writing about Pro Anorexia...my question is *roughly* Are Pro Anorexia websites justified, and why are girls flocking to them?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
wow. some interesting topics this year..
id love to read some of the finished products!

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
wow. some interesting topics this year..
id love to read some of the finished products!
and hopefully some of them will win PIP awards this year! :)

(we need a thumbsup smiley!)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
and hopefully some of them will win PIP awards this year! :)

(we need a thumbsup smiley!)
that would be awesome
hehe i did it!!

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
that would be awesome
hehe i did it!!
yeah it would.

No, i mean like with a smiley face on it for more encouragment, like this one from another forum
actually, I can just stick it in when I need to (I just realised!). Nevermind! :p

Last edited:

Rony_May

HSC
the pipis due week 9 of this term, what is all this about august??
my final draft is due on weds n i am knee deep with putting it all together! so hard, stressful, fustrating :(
i cannot wiat until the end of term :>

my problem is i dont think i have a distinct cross cultural study.. o dear..

Kulazzi

HSC
so your completion date is 30th July? I thought they're usually due in around mid-august......

well Rony May, why don't you post up your problem (in a separate thread) and maybe we can help you out from there regarding your cross-cultural component? =)

ponny

HSC
Rony_May said:
the pipis due week 9 of this term, what is all this about august??
my final draft is due on weds n i am knee deep with putting it all together! so hard, stressful, fustrating :(
i cannot wiat until the end of term :>

my problem is i dont think i have a distinct cross cultural study.. o dear..
the pip is due on the 31st of July, 9:00am definately...
i dont have a cross cultural either

Meg Cathcart

HSC
Re: Examples of PIPs (Updated on 11/02/06)

Hey, im meg, and my pip for 2006 is 'the changing Attitudes towards the Australian muslim community, since th recent terrorist attacks' ( within australia). If you have any information or helpful hints that would be great??

meg_cathcart@hotmail.com

le3le3

HSC
Re: Examples of PIPs (Updated on 11/02/06)

Meg Cathcart said:
Hey, im meg, and my pip for 2006 is 'the changing Attitudes towards the Australian muslim community, since th recent terrorist attacks' ( within australia). If you have any information or helpful hints that would be great??

meg_cathcart@hotmail.com
not for you megan
ha

xxlambchopxx

HSC
i finished the intoroduction last term and i've been writing the central material all ther *cough*
i've only written 1000-1500 in the central material, and i'm running out of ideas

mishka

HSC
N/A
There's only a few weeks to go now!

Your PIP is due on Monday, 31st July (probably at 9am - check with your teachers because it's an official Board of Studies deadline).

You MUST have all work completed by 30th July (obviously, so you can hand it in the next day!)

Good luck everyone! :D

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
all the best guys... keep ur chins up. home stretch now. just dont run out of ink, and THEN paper on the night you're printing it out, like i did. wasn't that fun.

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
all the best guys... keep ur chins up. home stretch now. just dont run out of ink, and THEN paper on the night you're printing it out, like i did. wasn't that fun.
Was this "night" the one before the day it was due? :p

[just joking of course!]

Posts by Mishka and Sizmos says it all guys! It's going to disappear from your hands within 3 weeks! Imagine the burden off your shoulders when you hand it in :D!

Good luck for your upcoming trials and hsc exam :)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
just for the record, and a lesson for these young ones, i was printing it out the night before. it was finished a week or so early, but not printed to that night. mind you, i also had to print two friends' P.I.Ps as well as mine.

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
just for the record, and a lesson for these young ones, i was printing it out the night before. it was finished a week or so early, but not printed to that night. mind you, i also had to print two friends' P.I.Ps as well as mine.
Maybe you'd like to post what the solution was to your problem? Just in case it does happen to someone and they freak out :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)