2007 CSSA Economics Trial - Thoughts (1 Viewer)

aricho

HSC
N/A
A Note from the Moderators:
We would love to hear how you went in your trials after you have completed them, but please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date. If you wish to submit your trial questions/papers to the site please use the notes submission system or PM me and we will place them on the site after a period of time deemed appropriate by the admin.

- Karen (Without Wings)

-----------------
what everyone think of it?
wasnt to hard i dont think...

Last edited by a moderator:

kimii

UltimateMEMBER :D
HSC
Re: CSSA paper. Economics.

YEY! FINNITO THE ECOS!!!!

argh... stupid essays LMAO

actually i enjoyed it O____________O MP's were FUNNY~

wat do u guys think?

Smartieco

HSC

kimii said:
YEY! FINNITO THE ECOS!!!!

argh... stupid essays LMAO

actually i enjoyed it O____________O MP's were FUNNY~

wat do u guys think?

haha! i agree it was good :)
hey my cousin graduated from your school last year :)

xxmissy

HSC

I will NEVER AGAIN cram the nite before

williamc

HSC

I looked at this paper and nearly LOL'ed. It was the easiest economics exam i have ever seen.

90+

williams180

HSC
williamc said:
I looked at this paper and nearly LOL'ed. It was the easiest economics exam i have ever seen.

90+
YEH BUT I STILL BEAT YA

yeh eco was a breeze

Last edited by a moderator:

daz89

HSC

Wasn't too hard, especially compared to some of the previous ones.

Graphic FX

HSC
Arrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh CSSA

Damn..with the case study question..i didnt outline the effects of globalisation on my cases study but outlined the generic effects of gloablisation e.g international convergence..cos i misread the question...:burn:............but i nailed the policy part....am i stuffed like a >12/20

forevaunited

HSC
Re: Arrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh CSSA

hmm i found it pretty hard to run out of time . . . normally i have about 2 hours to do both of the essays, and unless i go really overboard (ie. off on some stupid tangent that has nothing to do with the question) on an essay, there is normally time to write about 4 and a half pages for both of the essays. In saying that, the essays are traditionally the worst part for me, way too much waffle and not enough stats/specific examples because i dont study those kind of things lol . . .

matindo64

HSC
i loled when i saw i had 2 hours left to do two essays that the cover said should take 35 minutes each....but saying that im glad i had that much time cause i finished with around 5 minutes to spare...epecting about 17 for the macro policies one and a 14 for the CAD essay...i hate essays sooo much glad to finish english paper 2 tomoz!

Bonarius

HSC
Great exam, we did the Inequality essay as part of our internal assessment last term, and i did a similar CAD essay from a past exam last week and got the improvements from my teacher. Only one issue m/c question bout the budget over three years, 1st year surplus of 10 then surplus of 5 then deficit of 7. Question asked whether it moved to a surplus or deficit (definately deficit) then asked whether it increased national savings or debt, Was that for the whole course of three years? Cause thats an increase in savings, or was it for just the deficit bit? cause that increases debt....
Meh

williamc

HSC
Bonarius said:
Great exam, we did the Inequality essay as part of our internal assessment last term, and i did a similar CAD essay from a past exam last week and got the improvements from my teacher. Only one issue m/c question bout the budget over three years, 1st year surplus of 10 then surplus of 5 then deficit of 7. Question asked whether it moved to a surplus or deficit (definately deficit) then asked whether it increased national savings or debt, Was that for the whole course of three years? Cause thats an increase in savings, or was it for just the deficit bit? cause that increases debt....
Meh
Increase in the budget deficit and increase in national debt.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
when i got into the exam i was stressing pretty bad, looked through the paper in reading time and got shot a weird look from the teacher cos i was just like 'yes!' with a huge grin on my face. it seemed pretty straight forward.

i ended up writing 10 pages for the macro essay... got heaps of stats, examples and graphs in so im pretty happy. second essay on CAD, not so great, didn't quite finish that one but i'm pretty confident as a whole. everyone else basically found it a bit difficult, but i thought it was great!

i don't think people who crammed the night before would have faired too well. it seemed that the exam followed a certain trend, so if they didn't revise part of the course fully, they would have found it difficult.

williamc

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
when i got into the exam i was stressing pretty bad, looked through the paper in reading time and got shot a weird look from the teacher cos i was just like 'yes!' with a huge grin on my face. it seemed pretty straight forward.

i ended up writing 10 pages for the macro essay... got heaps of stats, examples and graphs in so im pretty happy. second essay on CAD, not so great, didn't quite finish that one but i'm pretty confident as a whole. everyone else basically found it a bit difficult, but i thought it was great!

i don't think people who crammed the night before would have faired too well. it seemed that the exam followed a certain trend, so if they didn't revise part of the course fully, they would have found it difficult.
I crammed and im expecting over 90%.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
williamc said:
I crammed and im expecting over 90%.
nice work! to clarify, by crammed i meant the people that don't know the course trying to 'get it' in one night.. not the ones who know it and have learnt it all and just needed to 'cram revise'. sorry, that's pretty confusing! lol, i know what i mean!

williamc

HSC
Oh yer forgot to mention

Section 3 did macro question and got 11 pages.:)
And section 4 choose globasation and got 7 pages :mad1:

savvypatty1590

HSC
i agree, was a pretty good exam but i'm the laziest person on earth and i figured that if i only really studies 3 topics in extra detail, then i would be able to avoid one for the essays, but it turns out the other choice was even worse, so i went with the least favourite topic.

but overall.. i expected alot harder:)

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Same, I expected a lot harder too. though we had a tutorial on Saturday morning and did practice questions and looked over past cssa papers so i sorta figured out then how they were going to set it out.

what surprised me was that when we walked out of the exam, half of my class didnt finish and didnt even know how to do the simple multiplier question in the m/c. i was shocked!

aricho

HSC
N/A
yeah i think it was pretty easy had like 70 mins for each extendo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)