2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

R

roseymariee!

rubificticious i feel exactly the same! i really just want to get started actually making my fascinators! i have so many ideas now & i just wanna make heaps of different ones lol

there are 2 other girls in my textiles class this year. it can get annoying as there obviously aren't as many people to share ideas with & get opinions etc. one of the girls is an exchange student so only two of us will submitting MTP's. the other one in my class is doing furnishings, based just on bright colours i think.

oh and i've just turned 17 too, like a month ago. its sucks cuz everyone is starting to turn 18.. there's only 3 others in my class who won't be 18 til next year aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

roseymariee!

hi meomeo!

where is everyone else? we can't be the only ones on BOS doing textiles this year?

HSC
LOL, meomeo!
Yes! HI!

To rosymariee!: I just turned 17 a month ago too. Perchance you may tell? Mine was on March the 4th.
See, I'd rather less people. I mean 3 is great. I think 5 would be fantastic. My teacher is really good so even if there were 1 person in the class, she would bounce ideas back off that one person.
LOL. Exchange student! YAY! We recently had an exchange teacher who ruined my Mathematics life. He was really cool though!

Well, I think everyone else is busy doing exams. I know I just came back from my Maths one. Wasn't too bad. But I have shit like Chemistry and Ext. English soon and they will kill my life.

But you know, I think I'll get a small photo up here of my MTP. That will be when I can find my camera!

Amy53

HSC
textiles by corrospondance is hard but it is also good. you get all the theory work but you dont get any extra support and information. i talk to my teacher nearly every week but it does get tuff when she is not there to just bounce ideas off and to help understand things more clearly. and it also is made more difficult cos i live in the middle of no where....ah it is frustrating some times trying techniques and such but hey it aint that bad most of the time..he he
i am 17 at the moment..he he..i started my actual MTP a couple of weeks ago but i can not wait to get it over and done with..there is so much else to do..exams thins week and next ahhhhh.....
AMY :)

HSC
WOW!
Congratulations with starting it!
What was your MTP again?
Oh, exams next week! See, we have exams this week!

R

roseymariee!

wow textiles by correspondence.. that would be awesome. i do geo & bus. studies through distance ed & sometimes wonder if textiles would be easier doing it that way too..

rubificticious i turned 17 on feb 21st. go us young ones!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

sykosami

HSC
Ahh, so glad. So far I haven't heard of anyone, or seen anything that is remotely similiar to mine! *dances* I saw the Texstyle exhibition, nothing like it there either!
I love it because hopefully I get top marks for originality, innovation and contemporary factors. All I'm saying: leather and silk. :p
I'm so protective about my idea, I didn't tell people in my class for ages, until I had to do my presentation for it! Hahah.
Maybe I'll post the description after the day it gets handed in...:)

HSC
sykosami said:
Ahh, so glad. So far I haven't heard of anyone, or seen anything that is remotely similiar to mine! *dances* I saw the Texstyle exhibition, nothing like it there either!
I love it because hopefully I get top marks for originality, innovation and contemporary factors. All I'm saying: leather and silk. :p
I'm so protective about my idea, I didn't tell people in my class for ages, until I had to do my presentation for it! Hahah.
Maybe I'll post the description after the day it gets handed in...:)
LOL.
See, I'm very protective of my idea too. I haven't said anything which remotely resembles what I'm doing.
I just wanted to ask, what focus area are you doing?
Let me guess. Textile Art? LOL.
Sounds like it.

Amy53

HSC
hi,
Mine is a Formal type dress for a celebrity to wear at a gala function.not very exciting but it will do..not like the idea of leather and silk sounds interesting!!!!! there is heaps of ideas running through my head as to what you could do wit that combo....lol...i dont have to do a half yearly for textiles cos we do our trial exam earlier..he he..but no doubt i will have failled all my others...hehe.
AMy

sykosami

HSC
rubificticious said:
LOL.
See, I'm very protective of my idea too. I haven't said anything which remotely resembles what I'm doing.
I just wanted to ask, what focus area are you doing?
Let me guess. Textile Art? LOL.
Sounds like it.
Nah, it isn't. It either is going to be costume or apparel. If I choose apparel, then I have to include some sort of enclosure, which I could do easily. Where as in costume I can just get away with the excuse "getting sew into it".

bloomers

HSC
wow this thread is really bangin'!

okay so i thought id shove in some input

im 17, turning 18 in october (during stu-vac, so not so good)

subjects: adv eng, ext eng, textiles (obviously), maths, legal studies, drama, catholic studies

dont ask about the last one - i go to a catholic school and it was either that or SOR and i have enough counted units already - its such a bludge.

ummmm - lemme just say everyone sounds amazingly creative, from what has been said so far. my mtp is pretty plain but id rather that then something hugely detailed that i would never finish (and trust me, im really bad with finishing stuff)

and i just looked through my diary: approx 19 weeks till we hand in our mtps!

thats really scary.
omgosh
now im freaking outtt.

so am i right in thinking a lot of people here havent even started yet? all still on designing/experimenting/cutting out stages?

and have you guys started portfolio work yet? (argghhh.. portfolio will be the death of me.)
=]

HSC
bloomers said:
wow this thread is really bangin'!

okay so i thought id shove in some input

im 17, turning 18 in october (during stu-vac, so not so good)

subjects: adv eng, ext eng, textiles (obviously), maths, legal studies, drama, catholic studies

dont ask about the last one - i go to a catholic school and it was either that or SOR and i have enough counted units already - its such a bludge.

ummmm - lemme just say everyone sounds amazingly creative, from what has been said so far. my mtp is pretty plain but id rather that then something hugely detailed that i would never finish (and trust me, im really bad with finishing stuff)

and i just looked through my diary: approx 19 weeks till we hand in our mtps!

thats really scary.
omgosh
now im freaking outtt.

so am i right in thinking a lot of people here havent even started yet? all still on designing/experimenting/cutting out stages?

and have you guys started portfolio work yet? (argghhh.. portfolio will be the death of me.)
=]
WOW! 19 weeks. That's shit.
Is that 19 weeks of school? Or including holidays? Because I will just die.

Yep, I haven't actually started. I'm still on the modification of pattern pieces.

And I have started some portfolio work, only because our teacher is making us hand up sections. The only reason.

e.m.m.y..l.o.u.

HSC
19 WEEKS!? no way!! frak, thats really soon!!
i haven't really started... i'm too scared to! i'm worried i'm going to totally stuff it up or something. i have done all my prototypes though, so i'm ready to start i guess.
i am 17, turning 18 in october also... the 24th. sucks big time it's in the middle of the HSC, but at least i'll be 18 for schoolies! :D
i had exams over the last two weeks, i finished last monday so i had the rest of the week off - a little mini break which was REALLY nice. and then we came back yesterday and got like evreything back again - fun. but hey, only 3 days until easter hols - WOOHOO!!
portfolio will be the death of me also. we are handing the sections in and keep getting it back with post-its and ugh we have to keep re-doing bits and its SO frustrating cause she doesn't explain particularly well exactly what is wrong and how to improve it.
also, with the design inspiration section, is anyone else doing like a collage for 1 page and then a predominately text-based 2nd page? we were told we could (our teacher went to the texstyle teacher marking seminar thingy) and so most of our class has done that. but then our teacher gave our portfolios back yesterday and was like 'where did you all get that idea from?' and were like 'ARE YOU KIDDING?!' she just thinks that having an entirely pictured page is a 'waste' but if we include more text on it it will be ok? all i know is that i do NOT want to redo it - i spent HOURS hunched over on the floor cutting and pasting until i had like blisters on my thumbs and my back was stuck in a semi-hunch. but yah, are people from other schools doing anything like this?

HSC
e.m.m.y..l.o.u. said:
19 WEEKS!? no way!! frak, thats really soon!!
i haven't really started... i'm too scared to! i'm worried i'm going to totally stuff it up or something. i have done all my prototypes though, so i'm ready to start i guess.
i am 17, turning 18 in october also... the 24th. sucks big time it's in the middle of the HSC, but at least i'll be 18 for schoolies! :D
i had exams over the last two weeks, i finished last monday so i had the rest of the week off - a little mini break which was REALLY nice. and then we came back yesterday and got like evreything back again - fun. but hey, only 3 days until easter hols - WOOHOO!!
portfolio will be the death of me also. we are handing the sections in and keep getting it back with post-its and ugh we have to keep re-doing bits and its SO frustrating cause she doesn't explain particularly well exactly what is wrong and how to improve it.
also, with the design inspiration section, is anyone else doing like a collage for 1 page and then a predominately text-based 2nd page? we were told we could (our teacher went to the texstyle teacher marking seminar thingy) and so most of our class has done that. but then our teacher gave our portfolios back yesterday and was like 'where did you all get that idea from?' and were like 'ARE YOU KIDDING?!' she just thinks that having an entirely pictured page is a 'waste' but if we include more text on it it will be ok? all i know is that i do NOT want to redo it - i spent HOURS hunched over on the floor cutting and pasting until i had like blisters on my thumbs and my back was stuck in a semi-hunch. but yah, are people from other schools doing anything like this?
WOW.
19 weeks.
I'm scared.
LOL. I have the same feeling. That I don't want to start it in case I stuff something up. I haven't finished all my prototypes/toiles yet though, so that kinda sucks.
We finished exams on Friday and today was our last day of school! Man our school is cool.
Uh, yep. Our teacher collects sections too.
I think a page of pictures is a waste of space.

HSC
Hi All, Um, i'm just wondering if the subject textiles brings the UAI down :worried:
lol, its just there is soooooooooo much work that goes into textiles, its kinda hard.
Any advice would be good.
My MTP idea is coming along, i have already started, i am doing quotes through time.

HSC
love.is.around said:
Hi All, Um, i'm just wondering if the subject textiles brings the UAI down :worried:
lol, its just there is soooooooooo much work that goes into textiles, its kinda hard.
Any advice would be good.
My MTP idea is coming along, i have already started, i am doing quotes through time.
Oohh! That sounds really interesting. Focus area?
Yeah, I was also wondering if Textiles brought the UAI down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)