2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

hlsfe

HSC
hey every one, im doing textiles, its getting late in the year and im freaking out!! im doin a kids play mat with farm animals and numbers... sorta a learning one.. but im having sooo much trouble with my documentation... i have no idea what to do or how to start it... any help would b great! thanks guys take care and the best of luck for the year ahead!!!! byez xx

Emorfia

HSC
hey everyone.
i too am unfortunately doing textiles
i have nearly finished my prac.
i'm making a textile art dress outta heaps of different pieces.
just gotta do straps and hem, and finish a few more peices of my skirt.
my folio is going. verrrrry slowly.
finished inspiration. just gotta finish gluring doing.
nearly done design devolopment.
and srtated all others
i seriously want to kill myself.
=[
i don't think i shall be studying AT ALL for trials. i have no time.
i am tryign to a s8illy related piece for my english trial on satire. eeeek. ?
anyone know anything? we are doing FRONTLINE??
good luck everyone else.
em.

andipandi

HSC
hay guys i have a couple of questons
#1. have u all finished the topic cos our trials start in lyk a week n we havent started ATI so now my teacher has to replace the questions!
#2. can we be tested on yr 11 work cos my teacher is under the impression that we can
#3. in VDD in portfolio do we talk bout pricipals and elements of design cos once again my teacher recomended that
#5 and how many of u neva want to touch a sewing machine after this is handed in cos ur soooooooooooooooooo sick of ur work??? any takers

by the way im making apparal and 5 pieces:burn:

unsocialbfly

HSC
andipandi said:
hay guys i have a couple of questons
#1. have u all finished the topic cos our trials start in lyk a week n we havent started ATI so now my teacher has to replace the questions!
#2. can we be tested on yr 11 work cos my teacher is under the impression that we can
#3. in VDD in portfolio do we talk bout pricipals and elements of design cos once again my teacher recomended that
#5 and how many of u neva want to touch a sewing machine after this is handed in cos ur soooooooooooooooooo sick of ur work??? any takers

by the way im making apparal and 5 pieces:burn:
we still havent done innovations and fabric finishes......
I think we can yea, because elements and principal some under year 11 work and they do come up in exams
yes
mmmm....tempting but next year im trying to get into fashion at tafe..lol.

im making a bridal gown.

andipandi

HSC
lol nice work im sure ur dress will be beautiful lol
i wanna study fashion im applying all ova tafe uni private college ect i guess i would be able to handel it betta if i dnt have all my other subjects to worry bout.

what skool do u go to??

unsocialbfly

HSC
Mmm, im in the middle of my trials and getting my major work finished is proving to be difficult...

I'm applying to tafe only, if not the private colleges arent really worth the money, I'd rather work for a year and try again while doing a clothing production course.

I go to blakehurst, you?

Delikins

HSC
ITs Fuken hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even like started arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh expecially the profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andipandi

HSC
i go to St. Ursulas lol do u have ur trials now????? that must sux ours start on monday im sooooooooooooo not prepared.
i've decided if i get 90.15 or 98.25 then ill study fashion design at uni but if i dnt ill go to tafe, or private college only if i get a scholarship!!!!
i am applying 4 design skools ovaseas for both admissions and a scholarship jst to see if im good enough.(i cant affordem lol way to expencive...)

HSC
Hi again everyone!
Sorry I haven't been on. I just finished reading all your replies, and yes, fucking kill me now, Textiles has to be the most hardest, hardest ever subject, and all you wankers out there that say it's a bludge, well I have nothing to say to you.
As for me, I'm basically done my practical (I am literally smiling all the time) but as for the portfolio, I basically have a draft of everything, so I'm not fussing too much, but I am stressing.
And I want to see everyone's stuff before it's sent away, so take photos and shit, we can have an unveiling time! LOL. But I do have trials, (bludging off at the moment, should really get back to 'Telling the Truth' but who wants to anyway?) and I'll be like stressing 'cause I won't really be able to study.
Oh man, I can't wait to be completely done. I want to burn my machine. I hope it dies soon. It can eat thread. Thread that's been on the floor!
My girlies and I are already planning a trip to Textstyle, (well we have been for like the past forever since going) and we can't wait to see what '07 brings. Should be damn good stuff.
Anyway, 'Truth' awaits. Oh how it sucks.
But chins up everyone, we'll make it, even though it seems so bad and eww. There are worse things out there. Smiles!

LaurenSux@ENG

HSC
Hi there!
Ok so i've been using boredofstudies alllllll year but this is the first time i've found textiles on it! its great!
Anyways, so yes im doing textiles as well, yes i am freaking out, and yes i am NO WHERE NEAR finished.
But to the point....
what are the strengths and weakness's of a design?? my teacher told me yesterday, i said 'ohhhhhh!' but now i cant remember what she told me!
Can anybody help??
pwease?
xox LovE LozA xox
P.S. rubifictious, i agree, telling the truth, SUCKS.

HSC
LOL. Classic username.
Well, I'm pretty sure strengths/weaknesses are like literally what is a strong/weak point of the design. Like, say you were doing a tent (LOL) a strength of your design would be made out of a durable material so the tent is therefore long lasting, wereas a weakness could be that it's difficult to sew with this strong, thick fabric, and thus it would be hard for me? That's what I'm writing about, I think. Like, what's good about your design and bad and link it to being strong/weak aspect.
Mmm... good question. I think I've just confused myself! LOL. If anyone knows, please share! LOL!

HSC
Aww... NO! Don't say that! Or you will!
What's wrong with it?
What's your's again?
Chance of posting it?
I know I promise to when I'm done... which is almost soon!

HSC
I dunno, its just i ahve put so much effort and time, i spent so long doing it.. and i dont rkn i will get a good mark
i have trie... i honestly have
my dress has soooo much beading and stuff
like i have apliqued everything and beading aorund it
but still it looks shit
as well
hopefully my HSC exam wil bring me up
i will post it up after i have cut all my threads an shit like that
:)::):)
hows urs all going?

HSC
Oh, you forgot to say what your's is. It's OK if you don't want to. I understand that some are very protective about their ideas.
Mine is going really well. I just have to finish some hand stitching of the lining, and a few little things. All the decoration is done... and I'm really happy how it looks at the moment. I'm sure it'll look much better once the lining is all done and closed and its complete! I can't wait. I'm finishing it tomorrow afternoon because I have trials tomorrow and its due on Monday. I will definately have photos up Saturday afternoon because I'm taking the photos them. OMG I am so excited!

andipandi

HSC
:)
LaurenSux@ENG said:
But to the point....
what are the strengths and weakness's of a design?? my teacher told me yesterday, i said 'ohhhhhh!' but now i cant remember what she told me!
Can anybody help??
As far as i noe the strengths would be functional, aesthetic, and principals n elements of design etc
and the weaknesses would be problems u had with consruction or the way the end product looked eg if the beading didnt look right etc

do u get me hope i helped good luck evri 1 it is almost ova n i cnt wait!!!

LaurenSux@ENG

HSC
Yay the helpfullness!
They both sound right, but in my class i had like... 5 people telling me something different! so now that thats cleared up....
:)
Im making 2 dresses for cinderella, soooo one thats really yuck and fraying and crappily made (which is good for me, cos i didnt have to put much effort in) and then one thats like... TADA im a princess. and i really hate the princess one because theirs so many layers, and im trying to hem the bastard but i swear it hates me, and will do anything to stop being hemmed. bastard. lol.
I cant wait til its over!!
Good luck to everyone who (like me) have left it to the last minute!
xox LovE LozA xox

HSC
WOW! Loving the idea!
Focus area?
LOL. Does that mean you don't wish luck to those who didn't start last minute?
I know I did and didn't... like I'm still yet to do my whole portfolio. I have drafts and shit, but ehh... there's quite a bit to go! Like Ms. Dress is finished. I'll hopefully have photos in this afternoon! I suggest you all follow suit. I'd love to see everyone's!

HSC
Oh, and I forgot. Good luck to everyone! I'm sure we all need it, no matter how done/not done you are!

LaurenSux@ENG

HSC
Lol doesnt everybody leave it to the last minute though? at my school they do!!
Good lord im guna dieee!!.....
xox LovE LozA xox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)