2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
Were yours already sent back to your school?
Yeah! It really came as a shock, walking into the library on Friday just before our English exam and seeing then all displayed!

lilpie

HSC
some people are such two faces!! in front of other people that pretend to be all high and mighty, yet when they are on the net they try to befriend everyone and act like a two face. ESPECIALLY those that go around their class looking at other people's projects and examinine their fabric, consturction techniques and sh*t and then blab about it all over the net without the owners consent. But what ticks people off the most is when they take pictures of other people's MTP and post it all over the net without the ownsers consent and yet they still do nothing when they have been asked to remove the pictures!! has it ever clicked that if the owner wanted their project to be show they could post it themselves?!?!NO!!! that just shows how inconsiderate they are and it just makes it worse that some of these people go to religious schools. they bring shame upon themselves!!

~kiki

HSC
We got our MTP back too although we can't take them home yet because they are on display for the yr 11's. Its good to see it again. I had forgotten all the little details :p and its nice to see that it was still all in one peice. I had this awful fear that when they were sent off for marking that something would come unstuck in my folio/ a seam would come undone... but I guess that was just my paranoia. Its actually a little better then I remembered... maybe because I've forgotten all the petty little mistakes that bothered me before :p... For some reason whenever I thought about it in my head it always seemed very small and I was worried that I might lose marks for the size but having received it back I think its a pretty reasonable size now :p. Wishing everyone the best in the rest of their exams!! I suddenly feel very nostalgic :p.

HSC
~kiki said:
We got our MTP back too although we can't take them home yet because they are on display for the yr 11's. Its good to see it again. I had forgotten all the little details :p and its nice to see that it was still all in one peice. I had this awful fear that when they were sent off for marking that something would come unstuck in my folio/ a seam would come undone... but I guess that was just my paranoia. Its actually a little better then I remembered... maybe because I've forgotten all the petty little mistakes that bothered me before :p... For some reason whenever I thought about it in my head it always seemed very small and I was worried that I might lose marks for the size but having received it back I think its a pretty reasonable size now :p. Wishing everyone the best in the rest of their exams!! I suddenly feel very nostalgic :p.
LOL. That's great! I feel the same.
I think we'll get them back after exams. Apparently they're on display until the 7th, which is the say of my last exam.
I know I felt nostalgic when I saw them! It's like they were lost and found again.

Yes. Good luck with exams everyone!

lilpie

HSC
why do people say things when they dont mean it, i know, its just to prove that they are putting on an act and being the two face that they are.

Sabahat

HSC
hey does anyone know where to look at past MTP folio??? any sites anyone know of??

HSC
Sabahat said:
hey does anyone know where to look at past MTP folio??? any sites anyone know of??
Ahh, there aren't many comprehensive examples of MTP folios because it risks being copied, but there are a few sections on the HSC Online site here: http://hsc.csu.edu.au/textiles_design/project/2786/support.htm
That should be the best site online, I don't think I came across any others in my search.

If you're in Yr 11, you should have the oppertunity to come to the 2007 Texstyle Exhibiton which presents the best MTP's from the state, and there you can look at all the folios which is a really good experience. It gives you the chance to observe what everyone else has done, and gives you inspiration for your own.

andipandi

HSC
Sabahat said:
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/std-packs/#t
this has examples of 2001 and 2002 prac works and exam papers it shows the different levels from bands 1and 2 to band 6 good luck work hard and DO NOT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST SECOND OR U WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
andipandi said:
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/std-packs/#t
this has examples of 2001 and 2002 prac works and exam papers it shows the different levels from bands 1and 2 to band 6 good luck work hard and DO NOT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST SECOND OR U WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. What a great resource!
I wish I had that before I handed mine in!

bethrealistic

HSC
Sabahat said:
Also I don't mean to advertise for the Whitehouse, but last year I went to their Supporting Document seminar day, which was really good, because they went deeper in to all the requirements and what looks good and what doesn't than my teacher possibly could have.
You might want to check their website for dates, the seminar does cost a bit though.

~kiki

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Also I don't mean to advertise for the Whitehouse, but last year I went to their Supporting Document seminar day, which was really good, because they went deeper in to all the requirements and what looks good and what doesn't than my teacher possibly could have.
You might want to check their website for dates, the seminar does cost a bit though.
is this the one at Vaucluse?-- during the texSTYLE exhibition?... It wasn't that much if I remeber correctly. I think it was only about $30, maybe less--- cause our school hired a bus to take us down there so that may have cost more.

HSC
~kiki said:
is this the one at Vaucluse?-- during the texSTYLE exhibition?... It wasn't that much if I remeber correctly. I think it was only about $30, maybe less--- cause our school hired a bus to take us down there so that may have cost more.
No, I think she's talking about the one with Whitehouse. We got offered to do that if we wanted. I think it was around $90, but it was on during our Trials or something, so only two girls went.
It was actually with/in Whitehouse.

HSC
Actally, maybe she is talking about the txiles smeinar that happens in decmeber
they full on walk you through the whole entrie portfolio... which is really really helpful
and give you really good hints
i think it was expensive maybe 50 i think
its in the city?
i rmeber going last year
i used the whole booklet and it helped HEAPS

HSC
love.is.around said:
they full on walk you through the whole entrie portfolio... which is really really helpful
its in the city?
i rmeber going last year
Hum... LOL. Now I'm confused.
Did it come with a really fat booklet small powerpoint like pictures of the slides, maybe 3 on a page, with space to write notes next to them?
I'm not too sure about the price, I just remember it was to do with Whitehouse.

keelyq

HSC
hey girls
our skol got ours mtps back as well xcept i havnt seen my yet
ours r gettin displayed soon i think but hearin u all talk about it made me wish i could see mine
bet i would stress me out though just lookin at it

is everyone ready for the exam????
Good luck sure there will b plenty of band 6's in this group

naughtymanolo

HSC
I did the Whitehouse seminar in yr 11 it was ok, you get a bit sick of hearign the same information again and again becuase i have noe done: teo texstyle semiars, the whitehosue one and our distance ed hosted one as well. Mind you i still rushed and did my folio in 2 1/2 weeks. lol

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
I did the Whitehouse seminar in yr 11 it was ok, you get a bit sick of hearign the same information again and again becuase i have noe done: teo texstyle semiars, the whitehosue one and our distance ed hosted one as well. Mind you i still rushed and did my folio in 2 1/2 weeks. lol
Yeah, LOL. Me thinks everyone did that too.
Maybe even left it 'til later. I know I did! I'm very much a last minuter.

Oh, are you distance educated? Where you from?

bethrealistic

HSC
love.is.around said:
its in the city?
i rmeber going last year
Yeah that one, at the actual Whitehouse school in the city, they take you through everything. I think it was about $50-60, from memory.

~kiki

HSC
ok-- so I colected my MTP today after the exam. I though I'd post a pic. Sorry about the bad quality. The light quality is really poor in my room :/... It will only allow me to attach one :p.. So I'll do two posts

jacky.dodds

HSC
hey rubificticious, you posted a comment on the exam thoughts thread to come to this one, so i did!
how do you rekon you went in your final product?? did you get it finished on time?
i ended up pulling an all nighter on the final sunday, it nearly killed me cos i had to stay at school monday for an assessment:(
BUT ITS OVER
i started to miss sewing for a bit after i had handed it in, but i can deal with it lol
so what did you make exactly?? i saw it was a textile art focus area, elaborate??
i did a big quilt, which sucked when it comes to marking cos there were so many quilts this year!!
and how did everyone else hold up??? id really like to see how other people handled it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)