2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
Thought I may as well start this up.
Anyway, how do you think your team will go in the 07 season?
For the Roosters, I'm expecting them to make the top 8, anything less will be disappointing.
I think the Storm and Broncos are again the teams to beat.
Other predictions:
Sharks, Eels and Titans to fight it out for the spoon
QLD to win Origin 3-0
Gasnier to be a giant failure at 5/8th
Steve Turner to sit out the 2007 season
NZ to beat Australia in the ANZAC Test
Minichiello to reclaim his Test jumper

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
For the Roosters, I'm expecting them to make the top 8, anything less will be disappointing.
So true. The last 2 seasons have been hell. :S
ledzeppelin said:
Other predictions:
Sharks, Eels and Titans to fight it out for the spoon
Hehe, yep. But my money's on the Eels.
ledzeppelin said:
Minichiello to reclaim his Test jumper
Definately.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
DRAGONS TO WIN.

somehow. :( it's like the biggest disappointment team. :(

still barrack for them though. :p

is2SWaNz

HSC
I hope the Roosters make it top 8. We got Nate Myles coming into the side and also Mini coming back from back injury, but just wondering if Anderson is a good coach?? It would be great if we won the Premiership on our 100th year as a club! But thats wouldn't happen. As long as we make to top 8 then I would be more than happy.

I reckon the Titans will get the spoon! :D Maybe the Eels...

I think the Broncos, Manly and Storm will be a threat next year.

lengy

HSC
lol Roosters.

Go Dragons! Keep up the string of loses then wins then loses... :( Don't choke on me again!

HSC
Roosters will suck again this yr!!

And i agree with that person who said that gasnier will be a failure at five eight...

Go the bunnies!!!

BlackDragon

HSC
I am going for the titans. I've never really been able to get into a team before, and that's the key to enjoying your footy. i don't think i'll really be able to get into this team very much, but way more than the others. i'm going to try anyway :-/

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
a lot of people seems to go for the titans because their team sucked or they can't make up their mind on which team to follow.

love to see how chris anderson screws up the roosters.

i'll be happy if the knights can make the 8, our backline has been deserted since last season, everyone's gone.

HSC
*Dragons > all NRL teams.
*Aust > NZ
*NSW > Qld
*Gasnier has got the ability to go well at 5/8 but I'm not sure he will be as devastating. He will go alright because he is a class player but he won't make the transition as well as say Lockyer did or be as devastating as he is in centres.
*Storm, Broncos and Dogs will be the teams to beat. Dragons provided they play to potential beats anyone (yes even with their loss of personel this year), fingers crossed they will not capitulate. Manly will also figure up there and along with the Dragons are the darkhorses
*Titans will cause a few upsets but will be fighting with Sharks to get the spoon.
*Roosters to be the big improvers. Have all their players back and their younger players will be better for the experience.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I back the Rooters to make the top 8, simply because Chris Anderson finally talked some sense in saying Anasta is a natural lock, and not the next Fitler. Been saying that for the past 3 years.

However, and this was my opinion before he dumped the Dogs...Nate Myles is not that good. Seriously.

I hope the Bulldogs won't get thumped by Brisbane this year.

Titans, Bunnies and Sharks in the running for the spoon, but I do think the Bunnies especially will cause some major upsets.

Warriors or Wests will make the top 8. Manly will also be up there, as will Melbourne, Canterbury, Brisbane, Rooters, Dragons and Newcastle.

Parra will suck. But that's more wishful thinking than a prediction.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
dragons always look like the best team on paper, but when it comes to crunch time, they screw up more often than not, someone should remind me when was the last time they got into a nrl final.

sharks, 40 yrs and won f all.

i seriously dont rate the roosters this year, interesting to see how they go.

i actually back the dogs to be the benchmark team this year, basically they are the only team which looks settled, without all the coach swapping and player movements. but in hindsight, injuries will probably screw them up.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
hmm..

doggies to RAPE all..

haha what a pun. :)

before getting owned by dragons that is.....

i wanted to see that last season. dragons vs bulldogs final, with dragons owningggg... :( didn't happen.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
i'll be happy if the knights can make the 8, our backline has been deserted since last season, everyone's gone.
:( No Carney, No Matt Gidley anymore. But we still have Johns :)

<33 Knights

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
do you still have buderus? .... i can't remember if he's retired or not...

( i remember he had to quit the aussie team for something... =/ )

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
If Tigers stay un-injured, they should rip through the competition, but then again, all teams are much better without injuries.

My predictions

Titans will either do unbelievably good or unbelievably shit. (Probably the latter.)

Dragons will be top 4 material until the end of the year, when they will choke.

Parramatta for the wooden spoon

Melbourne Storm to start off strong, then drop off.

Can't wait for this season to begin :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
timlay said:
do you still have buderus? .... i can't remember if he's retired or not...

( i remember he had to quit the aussie team for something... =/ )
Yup we still have him. He dropped himself out of contention due to the birth of his baby ;)

We still have Johns- Buderus- Simpson combination :)

The-Noodle

HSC
I think Raiders will be getting the wooden spoon. They're losing a lot of people. Jason Smith, Adam Mogg, Michael Croker, Clinton Shifcofske, Simon Woolford, Matthew Elliot, are all leaving. And all they got was Neville Costigan from Broncos. I think they'll struggle most.

The Tigers last year, when they had all 4 playmakers, they won 5/6 of the games I believe. If they stay injury free like 2005, they'll win it, or come very close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)