2007 Top 200 School Rankings Daily Telegraph (1 Viewer)

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
bringbackshred said:
You're retarded. Congratulations on perpetuating a negative stereotype of public school students.
Amen to that. + What-for, perhaps you should learn to express yourself more clearly, it's obviously not a talent of yours.

chrisbro1990

HSC
Well I went to a private school and it was the best time of my life, happy students, happy teachers who were very helpful and a careers advisor who imo could be one of the best in the state. So we didn't make the top 200 who cares its a number.

Well done on the top 200 none the less but more importantly well done to the students who got them there

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
chrisbro1990 said:
Well I went to a private school and it was the best time of my life, happy students, happy teachers who were very helpful and a careers advisor who imo could be one of the best in the state. So we didn't make the top 200 who cares its a number.

Well done on the top 200 none the less but more importantly well done to the students who got them there
Career Advisor UAIs ftw.

hiddenagenda

HSC
1st

Public schools ftw =]. Private school students on the whole aren't arrogant assholes. But our public schools deserve more funding.

Last edited:

rayjuice

HSC
WOOOT CHATSWOOD CAME 60th....FROM UNDER 200 LAST YEAR whAT AN IMPROVEMENT =]:read:

hashi

HSC
go homebush go!!99th baby!!!hahaha...dw next year when im doing hsc we will get top 10 EASY!!

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
I'm not such a big fan of these rankings. I'm sure that yes, James Ruse did get the highest number of 100's and whatnot, but they had all smart people to begin with so it's not that big of a surprise.

I rather see rankings that look at improvements and such where they base merit on how high the marks are over the expectations of the students. And I'm not saying this because I'm bitter that my school didn't make it into the top 200 or whatever (my school did come 14th this year). It's just the rankings seem slightly superficial and is rather "be all and end all" where it depends solely on the marks students get without looking at the students themselves.

Before those in the top twenty schools start hunting me down, I just want to say that I am not trying to take away from the fantastic UAIs that those people achieved. I just rather see ranks that reflect how good the system is at the school. Like Chatswood made such a huge improvement it is obvious that their secondary system is really good etc., etc. Even if it is a separate list, it'll be interesting to see which schools improved the most and so forth.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
When/where do the rankings by region come out?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
do they have just a list of public schools ?

doesnt seem fair to compare private and public schools at all. for obvious reasons.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol 27th ! =D .. dropped 4 places.

we were kinda outshone by the "golden year" in 06 , so yeah haha - had a lot of pressure.

and for those who "beat hurlstone in english" - we've been told our english results are always under state average haha :D

Tsuska

HSC
Ahh sry Caringbah...too much gaming/anime/manga/stuff during the HSC...pulled out mark down. Owell...

Sry guys...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)