2007 Transfer Confirmations (1 Viewer)

hellomike

HSC
If you are talking to me I did submit a personal statement and it was very good if not great. I mean I just can't believe this happened when I went through the whole process plus interview. Hearing from another person, the people accepted in is up to around 15 people... I'm just hoping somehow I can apply for DFEE.

hellomike

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Were there any vacancies left?
According to the 2007 cutoff PDF, no (v) are next to CSP but it does say (v) next to DFEE cutoffs.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that means you can do DFEE, but can you afford it?

hellomike

HSC
I would like to apply for FEE-HELP after. The only thing I know is the course I applied for had an earlier closing date. I didn't put down DFEE before it because I wasn't prepared to pay full fee and I didn't realise about fee-help - i put CSP in time. UAC didn't consider me at all because of this so I want to see if my applied uni can help me out.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
full-fee is only valid up to $80,000. you will likely get into DFEE for the late round, as theres vacancies left

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Man, those DFEE places are expensive as hell though. You've got to wonder if it'd be worth it is all.

Thanks for the info piccaninny.

aaa666

iverson
HSC
what if u do only 1 year DFEE and then transfer? cause saving a year of uni means ull earn 40K more at least (cause ull work for one more year) and DFEE costs 20K was it?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
from memory, yes, its about $20,000K/year for most degrees DFEE PLUS a 20% interest charge, so it's actually 24K. You can try transfer, but what if you don't?

SweetSeasons

HSC
when I un-enroled I had to go in and fill in a form and hand it to them.. haha I did this even b4 I got my transfer.. there was no way i was goin back to uws..

Joe-E T

HSC
I got in2 Bachelor of Business @ UTS, transfer from Arts @ ACU.. but i need to know why i didn't get my first preference, B Business/B Comp which has a lower UAI. I didn't hand in a personal statement, do u feel that decreased my chances of entering that course...??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
a) yes of course it decreased your chances. you get bonus points for handing in a bonus statement
b) the course may not have had as many transfer places, and the transfer candidates were l33ter than you.

Joe-E T

HSC
Thanks for that. It probably didn't help that my GPA was only 4.35 haha.. transfered from Arts @ ACU, cutoff 70, to UTS Business, cutoff 85... so all is good in the hood am i right?.. wooo.. congrats to everyone else...

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
might I ask anyone who managed to transfer into Usyd and UNSw law, what are your UAI and GPA?

thanks!

aaa666

iverson
HSC
i had a gpa of 5.68 and a uai of 99.65 nd got into usyd law

HSC
Bachelor of International Business at Macquarie Uni - Old Degree

Transferred into

Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences at Uni of Sydney! - New degree

STOKED!!!!!!!!!

In terms of enrolling and stuff... when do I need to go to my uni to discontinue my enrolment? and With getting exemptions will USYD include my fail units?? coz i jsut wanna get exemptions for my passed ones ofcourse but im scared if they see my transcript.. and see a fail they will put it in my course .. do you get my drift?

please help .. can someone put a step by step guide on what to do ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)