• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
Liverpool shouldn't have sold Sissoko. He's better then Mascherano and light years ahead of lucas.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
And Alonso is light years ahead of Sissoko. Liverpool's lack of a competent second striker as backup to Torres has cost them the title, not their midfield. Last night's match was only the 12th time this season that Torres and Gerrard have both started.

Arsenal are the ones who raise your eyebrows after letting Flamini going on a Bosman and replacing him with no-one.

Charizard

HSC
Alonso isn't really a Defending midfield.

Sissoko is ripping it up at Juventus. Since he left liverpool he's been nearly as good as essien, and you only have to see the difference he made when came back to chelsea to see it would have helped.

I think Flamini wanted to be paid a fuck ton more, and Arsenal have an individual wage cap from memory. Still stupid i guess though.

HSC
have you watched serie a? so much more time on the ball in that league, it's almost uncomparable. success does not transfer between the leagues (e.g. shevchenko flopping at chelsea)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I watch it from time to time, certainty not as much as the 3+ games I would watch per week in the EPL. I agree it's hard to compare like for like, but it's pretty well established that Serie A is definitely third best out of the big three leagues atm.

Charizard

HSC
It doesn't really matter what league they are in when they already had established themself in the epl lol. As to the seria A, are you saying you wouldn't want ibrahimovich, kaka, or del piero ? they're still good players regardless of their league.

Besides, the German league would be what, 4th ranked ? are you saying you wouldn't want Ribery in your team ?

Regardless of his league, he'd still be one of the better DM's in the epl, and all you got for him was like 10 million and no replacement, probably to fund the purchase of quality signings such as Babel and Dossena.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah fucking lol charizard

good one buddy

sissoko is almost as good as essien?
having a good laugh there

mascherano is a far superior player to sissoko in EVERY facet of the game except stamina.

edit;

sorry we don't have billions to waste on quality players like veron, ferriera, shevchenko etc etc etc"

HSC
I watch it from time to time, certainty not as much as the 3+ games I would watch per week in the EPL. I agree it's hard to compare like for like, but it's pretty well established that Serie A is definitely third best out of the big three leagues atm.
sorry, that was directed at charizard.

Charizard

HSC
yeah fucking lol charizard

good one buddy

sissoko is almost as good as essien?
having a good laugh there

mascherano is a far superior player to sissoko in EVERY facet of the game except stamina.

edit;

sorry we don't have billions to waste on quality players like veron, ferriera, shevchenko etc etc etc"
Don't know why you listed ferriera or veron, ferriera is generally well regarded at the club, always did a job on ronaldo when ever they met. also, not sure if you realised champ, but Veron was actually bought by manchester first, we just got him cheaper later on, as did quite a number of teams as he failed.

Pretty lol comparing transfer success too= keane, babel, dossena, ngog, baros and countless other flops benitiez is famous for.

I'm not the only one who thinks this, go on a lot of liverpool supporter forums and they will tell you that sissoko is better then masch. Some of them even want masch sold.

i wouldnt worry though, no doubt your midfield problems will be sorted once you buy gareth barry though!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i know ferriera is so well regarded you guys went out and bought.................ivanovic, bosingwa, beletti...have i missed anyone there?

yeah veron's fantastic. 14 million pounds for 7 games hurrah

oh lets continue shall we?

carvalho 20 million pounds- yay worth more than our entire starting backline
16 million for mikel yay
deco 10 million for a half dozen good games?

and good work ignoring shevchenko

keane= bought for 19, sold for 12 rising to 16 based on performance and 19 if spuds win a cup
dossena=1st season in premier league- plays for the italian national team
ngog= scraping the barrel aren't you? 1.5 million flop? fucking lol
baros was bought by houllier you fucking gronk

give us a few links you absolute cretin re; ur last point

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
essien, when fit and roaring, is the best all-round box2box midfielder in the epl.

call babel a flop, but that's after rafa gives him a solid spell up front. don't see it happening any time soon though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
keane= bought for 19, sold for 12 rising to 16 based on performance and 19 if spuds win a cup
dossena=1st season in premier league- plays for the italian national team
ngog= scraping the barrel aren't you? 1.5 million flop? fucking lol
baros was bought by houllier you fucking gronk
This is all good. But Liverpool is supposed to have a squad good enough to win the league.

Dossena isn't much of a player. I wouldn't get too excited about him. And Ngog is, well, Ngog. Look out for him, he's gonna be the equivalent of our David Bellion.

johony

HSC
lol at ronaldo chucking a hissy fit after being subbed off

what an arrogant cunt, seriously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)