2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
no.

arsenal need defence more (or a defensive minded midfielder to be exact), and they definitely have a better attack than aston villa.

eduardo should make his first-team return any week now. that being said, i still wouldnt mind arshavin flying up and down the flanks.

kuytbird

HSC
Arsenal need someone explosive. Fabregas, Gallas, Adebyor certainly, they are world class, you could even put Clichy in there if you wanted, but United have the rooneys and ronaldos who win games by themselves, chelsea have the ballacks and lampards, liverpool have torres and Gerrard. All of these pull something out when its really needed, whereas (without fabregas especially) arsenal cant seem to do it at the moment....

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
rosicky, walcott, fabregas and eduardo all coming back within the coming weeks-months. you will see the explosiveness in due time.

if you're hinting that arsenal need to go out and buy 20 million pound torres or a 30 million pound rooney, it wont happen. arsenal are not backed by a russian oil tycoon or an american billionaire family.

kuytbird

HSC
true that. Though if there was a french billionare that was looking to buy a side....

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I think it is pretty obvious Wenger has the cash. He just won't spend it. And Arshavin looks a bad piece of business imo at the quoted price. It won't be enough to sway Wenger to dig deep and spend.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
he would rather spend it on young players, who proceed to move to other clubs when they get good.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I find it ironic that the best transfer Spurs have made thus far is the only one which doesn't cost them a cent. I thought Shay Given was the least ambitious keeper in the Premiership, but in Cudicini he has found a worthy adversary.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Brazil and Manchester City forward Robinho has been arrested by police investigating an alleged rape at a nightclub in northern England.
"We can confirm that Robinho met the police today, as prearranged and as part of a criminal investigation,'' spokesman Chris Nathaniel said on Robinho's website on Wednesday.
"He strenuously denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police if required further.''
The 25-year-old Robinho lives near Manchester with wife Vivian and one-year-old son Robson Junior.
West Yorkshire Police, which wasn't identifying the player, told The Associated Press that a man had been questioned about a ``serious sexual assault'' on an 18-year-old woman in Leeds on January 14 and was released on bail after being questioned on Tuesday.
Days after the alleged incident at the Space nightclub, Robinho left City's training camp in Tenerife without permission to return to Brazil, publicly citing an "important family matter.''
"I will return to the club and hope to sort out this matter as soon as possible,'' Robinho said last week. ``I am committed to helping Manchester City become the force the owners assured me they will become.''
Robinho returned to Manchester on Sunday and was back in training the following day ahead of Wednesday's English Premier League match against Newcastle.
Manager Mark Hughes said he plans to fine his star player over his sudden exit from the Canary Islands.
Since joining City from Real Madrid last summer for a British record transfer fee of STG32.5 million ($A69.3 million), Robinho has scored 12 league and cup goals

Robinho arrested over alleged rape - Football - Sport - smh.com.au

mmmmm man city

Roy9

HSC
Ahh dammit, we deserved to beat Arsenal. We outplayed them but allowed RVP to do some stoppage time magic...

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
It's only January and this title has a depressing inevitability about it. Utd are cantering clear. Chelsea have a battle for 2nd with Villa it seems. Liverpool will finish 4th at best, and should be scared if Arsenal become resurgent.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It's only January and this title has a depressing inevitability about it. Utd are cantering clear. Chelsea have a battle for 2nd with Villa it seems. Liverpool will finish 4th at best, and should be scared if Arsenal become resurgent.
Should Villa win, which I think they will, and Liverpool and Chelsea draw, which I also think will happen, Villa will be in second spot on the table! :eek:

At this rate, Villa is definitely a title contender. I guess a draw at Villa Park earlier in the season isn't such a bad result afterall.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Villa have a really soft run in the final six games: West Ham (H), Bolton (A), Hull (H), Fulham (A), Boro (A), Newcastle (H). They have three tough fixtures on end though before those six: Liverpool (A), Utd (A), Everton (H).

Compared to Arsenal's final six: Liverpool (A), Boro (H), Pompey (A), Chelsea (H), Utd (A), Stoke (H). If Villa maintain their five point advantage or are even on the same points at this stage you have to back Villa.

Liverpool have a tough stretch in March with ties against Real Madrid in the CL sandwiched in between Utd (A) and Villa (H). They are in freefall and more dropped points against Chelsea on Sunday would not surprise.

So, to answer your question, yes, I think they will get a CL at the expense of Arsenal or Liverpool.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
While I wouldn't say they're in freefall but the wheels have certainly dropped off in recent weeks, well since Rafa's rant to be precise.

And now Rafa's gone crazy, saying the 2nd half was crazy and he was unhappy with things he didn't want to tell anybody about. Haha, I guess he's keeping these 'facts' for his next press conference. :D

Evertonian

HSC
DAMNIT EVERTON can never hold leads against big 4 clubs :( 1-1 with arsenal and i predict it will be 0-0 or 1-1 against man utd this sunday

I think villa have been extremely lucky with own goals (as someone mentioned before) and penalties going their way. Heck, when villa played sunderland, milner scored with his arm >,>

And they got a very lucky penalty against gillingham in the fa cup.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Everton have no chance against Utd, as much as it pains me to say it. Quite simply, you have drawn the short straw as to when to play them. In this form, a normally tricky trip to Goodison will be a 2-0 stroll. Chelsea will be held 0-0 at Anfield on Sunday and the title will effectively be over.

Evertonian

HSC
Everton have no chance against Utd, as much as it pains me to say it. Quite simply, you have drawn the short straw as to when to play them. In this form, a normally tricky trip to Goodison will be a 2-0 stroll. Chelsea will be held 0-0 at Anfield on Sunday and the title will effectively be over.
Its actually at Old Trafford. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Everton has proved to be hard to beat over recent weeks, but with not many attacking options available for them I can only imagine that they'll be on the defensive again, much like the FA Cup tie at Anfield last week.

Cahill limped out injured too, so he might not make it back. Without him, Everton have no attack and they can only hope for a 0-0 draw, that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)