2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Small squad, can almost see the CL in sight, its a recipe for disaster. Arsenal aren't exactly setting the world on fire and Everton are like Villa with injuries. It's the CL spot nobody wants or deserves!

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Small squad, can almost see the CL in sight, its a recipe for disaster. Arsenal aren't exactly setting the world on fire and Everton are like Villa with injuries. It's the CL spot nobody wants or deserves!
i'm curious as to what the consequences of a failed attempt at the last UCL spot will be like at arsenal...

also, i only noticed today that if everton had won this morning, the gap between them and arsenal would've been reduced to a single point...woah!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Well we keep hearing how much money Wenger has to spend, so theoretically they should be fine. Big clubs have missed the CL in the past couple of years - Bayern Munich, Barcelona - and they have bounced back ok. Wenger is at a crossroads - he needs to decide if all out youth is the answer. In the invincibles era, they had the perfect blend of youth and experience - Henry, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Bergkamp etc. Now they have practically all youth, and they are suffering.

As for Villa and Everton, they are probably a couple of years away from being competitive in Europe. A few years practice in the UEFA Cup would do them no harm.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Thats is, if Martin O'Neill doesn't continue to throw the UEFA Cup in pursuit of that UCL spot.

Anywho, Wenger has an awesome crop of youth.
However, youngsters show inconsistency and inexperience over the course of a season consisting 50-60 games, regardless of how talented they are.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well we keep hearing how much money Wenger has to spend, so theoretically they should be fine. Big clubs have missed the CL in the past couple of years - Bayern Munich, Barcelona - and they have bounced back ok. Wenger is at a crossroads - he needs to decide if all out youth is the answer. In the invincibles era, they had the perfect blend of youth and experience - Henry, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Bergkamp etc. Now they have practically all youth, and they are suffering.
Barcelona haven't missed the CL for quite a while now, at least not in the past couple of seasons.

Wenger keeps believing in his team, but they're just not good enough. No need to keep faith in shitty players. Now that Arshavin's arrived you may see some more experience provided. Gallas is no leader too, fuck him off before he makes the team suffer more.

08er

HSC
the imbalance in the arsenal team makes them very inconsistent and ineffective. just compare them to villa this season. with that said though, id hate to see villa in the cl

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Barcelona haven't missed the CL for quite a while now, at least not in the past couple of seasons.

Wenger keeps believing in his team, but they're just not good enough. No need to keep faith in shitty players. Now that Arshavin's arrived you may see some more experience provided. Gallas is no leader too, fuck him off before he makes the team suffer more.
They can be good enough, if key players do not continue to leave every summer or if those players that do leave, are adequately replaced.

Gallas isn't a leader, but leadership aside, he is a pretty fine defender.
Him and Toure are too alike though. As a former central defender, I find one CB's weakness needs to be the other's strength- so they may compliment each other.

08er

HSC
no no, he plays for arsenal so fabby/fibre arse is more suitable :)

isnice

HSC
i have a strange feeling arsenal will win the champions league this year...

08er

HSC
i highly doubt they will win with their current squad

08er

HSC
I wouldn't write off liverpools chances, they have shown in recent years they can up their game on the european stage and can beat anyone over 2 legs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)