• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Gael Clichy

HSC
Jeeze if i was an arsenal supporter id be dearly hoping for chelsea to go through not Barcelona.

Barca would absolutely rape silvestre in the middle.
Good thing Djourou's back. But Chelsea can and will stifle us a lot, so a free flowing game with Barca is our best chance by far. If we play Chelsea we'll lose as long as Drogba's playing. If he got injured however...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I didn't think call centres gave you breaks?
ahahah

Jeeze if i was an arsenal supporter id be dearly hoping for chelsea to go through not Barcelona.

Barca would absolutely rape silvestre in the middle.
yeah, if it actually gets to that, silvestre won't be playing(i hope).

wenger will go for djourou - he is more mobile and better in the air.

Charizard

HSC
Fuck i hope chelsea win champions league this year. I'm not sure we'll have a good a shot as this in the next few years as all our best players will be over 30.

I can't see abramovich pumping heaps of money into the club in the next few years.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
hahahahahhahaha wtf some guy is listening to his ipod while everyone else is standing up and waving.
AND another other woman has got on the that swine flu face mask.

who are these people and why are they at my beloved emirates!?!!

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
nah, im not in bed, yet.
commentator convinced me miracles do occur.

edit: or not. think i'll catch up on lost sleep. night

gibbs subbed at half-time...ouch

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
First time Arsenal have lost a semi-final tie in Europe.
First time Arsenal have lost a European game at the Emirates.
First time United have won at the Emirates.
First time United have reached back to back European Cup finals.
First team since Juve to reach back to back European Cup finals.
First team since Milan to win back to back European Cups?

I'm very happy that we've reached Rome. Now we can concentrate on the league. We only need 7 more points max.

For me personally still, the league is still more important than the CL, simply because Liverpool is still challenging. I don't mind losing the CL final, but losing the league to Liverpool will simply be devastating.

johony

HSC
lol @ gunners fans leaving after the 65th minute

pretty terrible performance, all of those goals were avoidable imo.

Gael Clichy

HSC
We needed centre backs and midfielders this summer and he bought Silvestre and Bischoff while blowing a load on luxury players like Nasri and Arshavin.

Wenger needs to wake up and see how deficient we are defensively and sign some guys who know their way around a trophy cabinet for those positions. Enough's enough, Diaby, Denilson, Toure and Silvestre won't do anymore. He needs to be ruthless this summer, 4 years now.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
im sure after the debacle that was this season, more players are destined to leave arsenal, just a matter of who, i guess.

fletcher: not only does he look like cletus the slack jawed yokel,

he now has the intellect of him also.

Bahrosa-LFC

HSC
2001/2002 was the last time Real Madrid won the Champions League. Ever since that season, if I'm not mistaken, the team that knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League in the knock out stages never ended up winning it. And interestingly, the team that knocked out the team who knocked out Real Madrid, ended up winning it.

2002/2003 - Juventus knocked Real Madrid out in the semi-finals, AC Milan won the competition by beating Juventus.
2003/2004 - Monaco knocked Real Madrid out in the quarter-finals, Porto beat Monaco to win it in the final.
2004/2005 - Juventus knocked Real Madrid out in the 1st round, Liverpool beat Juventus in the quarter-finals and went on to win the cup.
2005/2006 - Arsenal knocked Real Madrid out in the 1st round, Barcelona won it by beating Arsenal in the final.
2006/2007 - Bayern knocked Real Madrid out in the 1st round, AC Milan beat Bayern in the next round and went on to win the cup.
2007/2008 - AS Roma knocked R.Madrid in the 1st round, Man United beat Roma in the quarter-finals and went on to win it.
2008/2009 - Liverpool beat Real Madrid in the 1st round, we were knocked out by Chelsea.

Question is , will Chelsea win it this season?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
fletcher: not only does he look like cletus the slack jawed yokel,

he now has the intellect of him also.
Easy for you to say those things sitting in front of the computer.

Fletcher has been awesome for us. I'm so gutted that he will miss the final. He made contact with the ball, a clear touch too. But unfortunately it was from behind and the ref, showing consistency in making poor decisions at least, sent him off. It was foolish of him to make the tackle, but in the heat of battle I guess all he wanted to do was to prevent Fabregas from scoring.

He took the sending off pretty well, no Ronaldo-esque tantrums. But I'm sure he's devastated. This is the same feeling I had for Park last year when he missed out on a place in the final squad. I'll say it again, I'm absolutely gutted.

We'll win the cup in his place.

Roy9

HSC
The game was shaping up good this morning.... Arsenal looked dominant and things could've got interesting. But when Gibbs slipped over Arsenal crumbled and then it was painful to watch.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Easy for you to say those things sitting in front of the computer.

Fletcher has been awesome for us. I'm so gutted that he will miss the final. He made contact with the ball, a clear touch too. But unfortunately it was from behind and the ref, showing consistency in making poor decisions at least, sent him off. It was foolish of him to make the tackle, but in the heat of battle I guess all he wanted to do was to prevent Fabregas from scoring.
what? he was pulling fabregas with one arm and proceeded to wrap his entire right leg around fabregas' midsection. if there was a touch it was of the most minimal, regardless, it was: wreckless, from behind, fabregas was through on goal; and fletcher was the last man.

if it were my player i;d be disappointed, but, it was silly in the context that arsenal needed 5 goals to win and united were all but through to the next round. sir alex would agree with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)