2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
yeah, but 'pretty decent players' will get you pretty decent results.
Really? So big signings will automatically get you big results?

It's funny how Rafa can still make excuses for not winning the title. Had Gerrard and Torres played more games they would've won the title. What bollocks, that's like saying had we won all the games we lost then we would've won it even more comfortably.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
He's better than Osman and since we're going to play more games next year we need extra squad depth. He'd also be relatively cheap so it wouldn't be such a bad signing
even if everton weren't playing more games next season, they'd need more players.

i don't mind osman. along with pienaar, i like the fact everton have small, mobile wingers with the big man fellaini dominating everything through the middle.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
no, but pretty decent players will get you pretty decent results.
Well then I guess the term 'decent' is open to interpretation.

Arsenal have some decent players. But in terms of the club's aspirations, they're not good enough. And reports are saying Milan are again courting Adebayor. I say sell him, he's shit anyway.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
for euros 34 million or whatever arsenal are asking for, wenger should be prepared to sell any arsenal player.

especially emmanuel 'hot and cold' adebayor.

edit: bar fabregas. he isn't worth 35 million, but he is too integral of a part.

Charizard

HSC
It's funny how Rafa can still make excuses for not winning the title. Had Gerrard and Torres played more games they would've won the title. What bollocks, that's like saying had we won all the games we lost then we would've won it even more comfortably.
That's not an excuse though, Benitez one is.

While i don't know whether they would have indeed won, had Gerrard and Torres been in more gamesi do believe thye woul have won more games. I think that's fairly plain to see.

That said, you never know what Man Utd would have done without injuries, or if they would have gone to the next level if liverpool were closer on their heels.

At the end of the day, the best team won the league, so Benitez should rightly shut the fuck up.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know. The pic in my sig is a direct response to that. :)

That's not an excuse though, Benitez one is.

While i don't know whether they would have indeed won, had Gerrard and Torres been in more gamesi do believe thye woul have won more games. I think that's fairly plain to see.

That said, you never know what Man Utd would have done without injuries, or if they would have gone to the next level if liverpool were closer on their heels.

At the end of the day, the best team won the league, so Benitez should rightly shut the fuck up.
Every team suffers injuries to their players throughout a season. But what Benitez didn't do is to have adequate backup for Torres and Gerrard. Their squad isn't good enough, didn't win enough games, and ultimately didn't win the title. And who's fault is that? Of course it's you, Mr. Benitez.

Roy9

HSC
What's happening with the last day's games in the EPL on fox? Are they going to somehow televise all the games or just 5 of them?

Gael Clichy

HSC
for euros 34 million or whatever arsenal are asking for, wenger should be prepared to sell any arsenal player.

especially emmanuel 'hot and cold' adebayor.

edit: bar fabregas. he isn't worth 35 million, but he is too integral of a part.
For that much money I'd personally fly over to London and drive the bloke to Milan myself. I'd pay for the airfare and everything too.

We're not in a bad situation, all we are is a couple of powerful players with some know how away from being a very very good team. We have two absolute beats defensive players in our reserve team Jay Thomas and Emmanuel Frimpong who won't be ready for a few years so getting good players around 30 years old to hold the fort in the meantime should be the priority because Wenger and apparently Capello love these two guys a lot.

We really should've moved for Barry and Senna last season. That type of player be perfect for this team and would improve us as a whole so much.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
What's happening with the last day's games in the EPL on fox? Are they going to somehow televise all the games or just 5 of them?
Last year they had two channels, both with 1 game live+ 4 other viewers choice. But because this years season has been pushed back one week for whatever reason, the French Open is in the way. So there will be five matches - I would assume the ones involving the four relegation clubs and the best match of the rest - which is Liverpool vs Spurs imo.

PS I love Arshavin. He looks and acts like a 14 year old:

'I would never give driving lessons to women. We need to build new roads for them. Why? Because you never know what to expect from a woman on the road. If you see a car behaving weirdly, swerving and doing strange things, before you see the driver you know it is a woman. It is always a woman.'

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Correct about the matches:
Aston Villa v Newcastle; Hull v Manchester United; Liverpool v Tottenham; Sunderland v Chelsea; and West Ham v Middlesbrough.

Haven't been this excited for the last day ever I think. Potential for Newcastle to go down is awesome :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)