2008 HSC drama students (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
Yeah i love the essays...

Scared about group.

I really cant act for anything... I get VERY bad stage fright. But Im slowly overcoming it. My friends in the group with me are extremely good at acting, so I dont want to let them down =]

HSC
At my school, they offer Drama in yr 9 and 10 but chop it off in yrs 11 and 12 :/, something about some bs, donno really. i would of picked it if it were an option

theblksuperman

HSC
hey..!

im just looking for anyone who is also doing "A Beautiful Life" for Australian theatre, and if they have any websites or any information that could help..

just reply on this thread..!

and yeah drama HSC is RADD..!

HarlequinBride

HSC
I'm doing Performance as "the world's oldest strongwoman" only problem being I can't do an old lady voice (eep!)

help anyone?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wait, so you picked th epiece without knowing if you could physically do the voice...

Anyway, go through your vocal register, focusing on the tone of your voice. Then try and change this tone. Remember, your only going by stereotypes at this stage. Try and copy the voices of women of that age. By studying these people, you can get aquainted with the voice they have.

Basically, you need to slow down you speech. The voice will either go higher (but not girlish), or lower. Either of thes can be used to represented an older women. I'd suggest lower, given your character.

acinad//

HSC
im doing costume for my IP and i chose summer rain
we did all the theory in term 4 and 1. just been working no group and IP since.
we did brecht, and epic theatre, (mother courage and caucasion chalk circle) and for australian contemporary we did 7 stages , and a beautiful life
im coping with IP and theory fine its just group im finding difficult. =/

Rochelle.jade

HSC
Hey i'm also doing drama and i am wondering for the IP how late is it to change what your doing?
at the moment i am doing performance and i am doing really badly. i would love to do scriptwritting as i wrote my monologue anyway and have done lots of work on it too... just wondering if i could change??
it's due on the 23rd August and it is the 26th of July today.
Help please???

turtleman91

Secret Nerd
HSC
well, technically you can change your IP whenever you want to. The BOS can't stop you hahahaha
But if you want to do well I'd say a month before is just about the latest you should leave it if youre completely changing from performance to script.
Good Luck!!

I'm doing performance. I'm doing 'Rhinoceros' by Ionesco. It's so hard cause its SO ABSURD hahahaha but thats ok... im up for a challenge ... well at least i hope i am.

trials performance in 10 days. kind of freaking out. hahaha

good luck everyone!!

Rochelle.jade

HSC
Thankyou!
i wrote mine about an elephant with short term memory loss and her encouter with an evil mouse :p
good luck with your peice!!

alucard19

HSC
I made my own up and it has little dialogue. The only problem is that it's heavily music oriented and controlled. That's my performance weakness. I based on the game F.E.A.R.. Basically my character is like a schizophrenic of sorts and sees a little girl (i.e. Alma in this scenario)

I even get to kill a baby in my performance.

Smokee

HSC
I had my performance trials bit over a week ago.
We had this mean bitch examiner and yeahhh.
I went okay. Pretty satisfied with my marks considering I hadn't worked on my IP for five months.

I have my written trials tmoro. Does anyone have any good info on contemporary aust. theatre? I have no bloody idea.

Catface

HSC
I HATE drama, my class has had 4 teachers in the past 2 years and for the first few months we've had them, they don't know what the other teachers have taught us, and then they get furious when we don't know.

We have group performance in three weeks and we haven't even started rehearsing.... :(

Smokee

HSC
Good luck =]

I have mine on Sept 4th & 5th.
I'm kinda glad in that we get that extra week and a bit but its leaving it a bit late for my liking. Drama always takes over all my other subjects.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Same here smokee,but mines only on the 4th. We only just managed to begin fine tuning today. Our parent's night is in two days, and we don't even have Drama tomorrow.

Shoubadoo

HSC
Thanks Smokee, it went absolutely fantasticallyyy! It's so much fun, don't bother stressing about it!

Yeah I know, the amount of time drama take up is crazee!

smiller

HSC
Does anyone know when we get our results back. Do we have to wait till end of yr when we get all external marks back or too they let us know sooner?

Sophirr

HSC
Our school just gets an over all mark for everything in Drama including the hsc essays... Which is crap because you never find out what mark you got for ur IP or GP seperately..is it like this for all schools?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)