2008 Modern History Trial (1 Viewer)

old.skool.kid

HSC
Re: General Thoughts - Modern History

A Note from the Moderators:
Please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date and it is still within the security period. If you wish to submit your trial questions/papers to the site please use the notes submission system and we will place them on the site after a period of time deemed appropriate.

----
Hey did anyone else do their Modern History trial today? I think ours was the CSSA paper, but the IndoChina question was modified because we havent finished the topic yet, neways i stuffed uo the Indochina one i had no idea really, But I killed Leni questions.

Does ne1 else do Leni? How many pages did you guys write for her?

Last edited by a moderator:

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC

i stuffed it up BIG TIME.
too long spent on Speer (the second Q didnt really fit...)
Indo was crap too because i havent finished either
i dunno about Germany. i didnt really go in depth
we did a total war Q in our half yearlies so that was good

Zephyrio

HSC

Ah man, talk about stuffed it up.

Conflict in the Pacific
We didn't have the same question as the CSSA paper. I think I did okay in this. 6 pages.

Germany
I wrote that it was only important to some extent. I did okay in this. 5 pages (we didn't use the HSC-style booklets. Just normal loose leaf paper).

Albert Speer
Can anyone say ARGH? The problem was the second question. I wrote that although Albert Speer's role in history was influenced somewhat by his background (his father pressured him to do architecture; he was exceptionally educated and this allowed him to become a talented architect/organiser), most of Speer's role in history was influenced by luck: had he not been in the Berlin Beer Hall, he wouldn't have heard Hitler talk; had Troost and Todt not died, Speer wouldn't have been able to become chief architect and munitions minister respectively. Then I talked about how the role of a personality in history has to do with how historians have perceived him and the increased volume of evidence. So before, his role was the amoral technocrat and now, with increased evidence, he has been directly linked to the Final Solution. Is this an okay thesis?

WWI
Fail. Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDurrant

HSC

Zephyrio said:
most of Speer's role in history was influenced by luck:
That's an interesting view, I went more with the view that he was influenced by self-interest and a belief in Nazi ideologies, through the changing evidence, etc.

Thought it was a pretty fair test, did the Cambodia question for Indo which was okay and the Weimar question for Germany which was straightforward.

aidin101

HSC
three hours of study last night and it paid off, luckily studied the right things that turned up lol owned that exam expecting at leat an 85 :D, i am gonna keep my rank one as well very happy :D

candisnap

HSC
N/A
I thought all the questions were pretty straightforward, that Germany Weimar one was a bit of a gimmie.
Speer was just annoying though, would've been so much better if it had something to do directly with his culpability
Yeh our WWII option b was changed too.
Kinda wish i didnt stress out so hard this morning

Pud09

HSC

Zephyrio said:
Ah man, talk about stuffed it up.

Conflict in the Pacific
We didn't have the same question as the CSSA paper. I think I did okay in this. 6 pages.

Germany
I wrote that it was only important to some extent. I did okay in this. 5 pages (we didn't use the HSC-style booklets. Just normal loose leaf paper).

Albert Speer
Can anyone say ARGH? The problem was the second question. I wrote that although Albert Speer's role in history was influenced somewhat by his background (his father pressured him to do architecture; he was exceptionally educated and this allowed him to become a talented architect/organiser), most of Speer's role in history was influenced by luck: had he not been in the Berlin Beer Hall, he wouldn't have heard Hitler talk; had Troost and Todt not died, Speer wouldn't have been able to become chief architect and munitions minister respectively. Then I talked about how the role of a personality in history has to do with how historians have perceived him and the increased volume of evidence. So before, his role was the amoral technocrat and now, with increased evidence, he has been directly linked to the Final Solution. Is this an okay thesis?

WWI
Fail. Enough said.

yer sounds alright...i did speer too and talked about similar things...but i mean it wasn't the best question for someone like speer..i wrote more on the 10 marker then the 15 marker lol....hopefull the markers are generous...and hopefully we get a more clear cut question the hsc

impervious182

HSC
Yeah, I found the Personalities question b to be quite ordinary to be honest. It seems like it wasn't really suited to Speer or Riefenstahl, but that was exactly the same in the 2007 real HSC Paper last year... With them, I mean, that's not what I really studied... but in the end, I think although my answer for that part was quite short, it at least answered the question.

moo1

HSC
N/A
mm agreed with the Albert Speer, thought it was stright forward said the nazi racism and ideolgy.
what question out of the 2 did evryone mostly choose for weimar germany ?
did anyone else find the conflict in Europe question difficult, like how did you all approach it ?

charliebeaver

HSC
For Leni i just talked bout how background wasn't her influence...it was selfish ambition. Maybe shoulda talked bout how background influenced her artistic style tho...

HSC
anyone did nelson mandela
South Africa and anglo-irish relations (Northern Ireland)?

our WW1 Core study was all changed...

KhyryKay

HSC
I have my history trial tomorrow, should be interesting, the Leni one is the only one i feel good about, the others fail. =[

We haven't even started Arab/Israil conflict yet, so thats going to be an interesting question tomorrow lol.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
  1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
  2. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
  3. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
  4. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
  5. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
i want to do modz
2 late now

nicenathan91

HSC
Wow!

The Catholic Paper was really interesting!

How did everyone find the sources in the World War One section??

Did anyone do Russia?!?! Geez! Didn't expect those questions! Which one did you guys like the best??

Indochina was tough. We haven't covered that part of the course yet!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
haven't looked at the catholic paper trials yet! but i'm told they're more challenging than the public school system's questions. our trial wasn't so bad - q's were generally quite broad. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)