2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
that's the same as saying 'it goes to show how much (your club) sucks without two of your best players'. while the dogs may have prepared life after o'meley better, they were left stranded with mason's leaving. kimmorley may not be the solution, but i think he will add a certain stability in 09 + 10 with his kicking game.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
I feel bad for Anasta. He really doesn't get the respect he deserves due to bandwagon nrl fans.

historykidd

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Because he is one of the pure 5/8ths as oppose to being some centre style player thrown into 5/8th?

But you're probably right, he probably should've been picked. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's shit.
Pearce and Anasta are probably the form halves pairing of the comp at the moment tbh.

But your right insofar as NSW Origin oft picks players not on form (in which case you'd see an Anasta / Carney / Gidley ticket) but rather on their percieved origin form from previous games.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Knights are a surprise packet. They havent had a big loss considering the change up by Brian Smith. Jarod Mullen must have been close to gaining the
No 7 Jersey for NSW.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Whatever happened to Parramatta, we were meant to be one of the best teams this year! But we are struggling to even score points!!

I think that Anasta and Finch would have been the best picks for the origin halves.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
rabbitohs continue to suck hard. 38-10 to the raiders, bit embarassing.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i will be surprised if parra makes the 8 and newcastle doesn't. at this rate, parra are playing like they are hoping to win in every game, they lack the confidence.

8/8 tipping this week.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:
i will be surprised if parra makes the 8 and newcastle doesn't. at this rate, parra are playing like they are hoping to win in every game, they lack the confidence.

8/8 tipping this week.
I'd have been 8/8 too if I didn't stupidly go back on my pledge to never tip the Warriors away again

historykidd

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
From a fan perspective, I'd think that the selectors would've picked Gidley, had he not fucked his face up (broken jaw?) in the match before selection.
yes, almost certainly. as much as i'd like to see anasta playing, i think they'd be best off sticking to the halves they have now for the rest of the series ideally. we have done too much chopping and changing in the past few years quite ridiclous tbh.

Muz4PM

HSC
Up the Blues! I thought Queensland would have won, given their strong line up but the Blues basically blitzed them. Queensland never really looked consistantly threatening. Wallace stood up tonight, had an absolute blinder for a debut, as did Quinn. There were no real poor performances from the Blues, most of the players were pretty consistant. The Queenslanders are ruing picking Hunt, the man is a fullback trying to play at five-eight, he was found wanting tonight. The NSW fowards just targeted him, and blunted him, although he gave as good as he got. Prince must play for Queensland next game, he will give them the direction at second reciever they needed tonight.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Can never discount NSW at home. Can't belive NSW were paying 2.20.

All played good. Didn't see tupou do much though which is a shame.

ledzeppelin

HSC
I'd lay a fair bit on QLD picking Hunt at fullback and Prince and Thurston in the halves next game.
Hunt was absolutely useless tonight. Sure he tackled well, but you may as well pick Tonie Carroll if that's all your stand-off's going to do.

Paj20

HSC
Nsw Flog Those Cocky Qld Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total domination. Where was this so called QLD Spirit? They had abosulutly nothing. A joke to the game.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: Nsw Flog Those Cocky Qld Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you are.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Re: Nsw Flog Those Cocky Qld Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paj20 said:
Total domination. Where was this so called QLD Spirit? They had abosulutly nothing. A joke to the game.
NRL chief executive David Gallop has warned that some Sydney clubs face extinction.

Gallop made the dire warning at a meeting of NRL club chief executives in Sydney yesterday that focused on finding ways to boost the game's finances. But as the CEOs discussed issues such as increasing memberships, the majority of Sydney clubs confirmed that funding from their leagues clubs was nearing crisis point as a result of the NSW Government's increased poker machine tax.

"We are working with the leagues club industry to provide clear projections but the message is coming through in no uncertain terms that some Sydney NRL clubs will die if things don't change," Gallop said. "It is a matter that has been raised on any number of occasions but we are fast approaching a time when government needs to confront just how severe the situation is becoming. It won't just affect NRL supporters but will rob thousands of kids of an affordable chance to get out and play sport."

St George Illawarra have already been affected by a cut of $2 million to their annual leagues club grant and a number of other clubs face similar cutbacks.

The grim financial picture is not likely to result in the CEOs agreeing today to proposals to increase the payments to Origin players from $12,500 to $20,000 - or to play representative fixtures on weekends free of club games.

NSW coach Craig Bellamy and captain Danny Buderus yesterday said the strain being placed upon the game's elite players was forcing them out of the NRL at an earlier age.

"These guys that play Origin, they play 24 real tough games, then probably their teams are in the semi-finals and then they go on tours at the end of the year, that's so hard on our elite players - those players get burnt out before their time," Bellamy said. "It ends up costing them financially because it cuts one or two years off their career."

Meanwhile, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes and North Queensland's Ian Millward have been linked to the Hull job after former Manly boss Peter Sharp parted company with the Super League on Monday. Folkes, who will be replaced by brother-in-law Kevin Moore at the end of the season, has an agent in England trying to find him a post, while Millward is believed to have been targeted by Hull.

But he is expected to take over the North Queensland job for the rest of the season following Graham Murray's resignation on Monday and has accepted a role with Canberra next year as a mentor and assistant to incoming coach David Furner.

In team news, South Sydney's David Kidwell is free to play against Melbourne on Saturday night after entering an early plea to contrary conduct charge over a "chicken wing" tackle in Monday night's loss to the Raiders.

Canberra prop Scott Logan also escaped suspension after pleading guilty to a high tackle on Roy Asotasi, while Penrith rookie Sam McKendry received a one-match ban for dropping his knees on a Warriors opponent last Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)