• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 NRL Premiership (3 Viewers)

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
Re: Is NRL dead?

i cbb scrolling up 2 quote the right person...so mehhh. i dont get what u mean right people were beyong clubs? who are these people u are talkin about?

AppleNader

HSC

dodgyv said:
i cbb scrolling up 2 quote the right person...so mehhh. i dont get what u mean right people were beyong clubs? who are these people u are talkin about?

Yeah exp-fag, what are you on about?

Are you talking about privatisation and financial backing ala Manly and Souths?

tahlsy31191

HSC

NRL is a horrible sport. It takes no skill, anyone can pass a ball and do a 'step'. Also it is sexed up so much with the cheerleaders and 'the sexiest man in football' crap, sport should be about sport not who is the most attractive.
There is an industry for that and it is not sport. Australia is turning into America and it is really disgraceful.

Soccer is a million times better.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Exphate said:
Super League matchs are almost always sold out, and the fans over there are always much more hyped than over here.

NRL needs to get rid of the salary cap, because fuck, everyone is going to go overseas, or to Union. <3 Money.

Inglish was reported to be looking at leaving. Or was that just another Khoder Nasser thing?
0 chance

parra's CEO recently called for them to reduce it coz they can't afford what it currently is

pokie taxes + low attendance = death

ledzeppelin

HSC

tahlsy31191 said:
NRL is a horrible sport. It takes no skill, anyone can pass a ball and do a 'step'. Also it is sexed up so much with the cheerleaders and 'the sexiest man in football' crap, sport should be about sport not who is the most attractive.
There is an industry for that and it is not sport. Australia is turning into America and it is really disgraceful.

Soccer is a million times better.
You're right, anyone can do this
There is also no skill in tackling someone 100kg+ running at full pace, or offloading a ball while being tackled by three players, or in this

BackCountrySnow

HSC

ledzeppelin said:
Dying despite the fact crowd averages are at their highest ever?
The future of the sport is in trouble though. The youth are moving to AFL.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

ledzeppelin said:
Dying despite the fact crowd averages are at their highest ever?
what about tv audiences? also, how are those averages calculated? It's likely the average is pushed up because there's a new team

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

BackCountrySnow said:
The future of the sport is in trouble though. The youth are moving to AFL.
i hear this semi-regularly but am yet to see any particular evidence of it.
NRL is a horrible sport.
'NRL' is not a sport. the term you're looking for is 'rugby league'. 'NRL' is the name of the organisation which runs australia's first-grade rugby league competition. the two terms are not interchangeable. this is a pet hate of mine, please don't do it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
She's spot on, women = 50% of the market

when you have a sport that objectifies women (cheerleaders, morons on the "footy show") and its 'stars' constantly assaulting women it's no wonder they're alienated

historykidd said:
finish your HSC love, your embarrassing yourself.
oh dear

typical meat head mentality

anyway, RL won't ever "die", just assume its place as the "third" or "fourth" code along with union.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

when you have a sport that objectifies women (cheerleaders, morons on the "footy show") and its 'stars' constantly assaulting women it's no wonder they're alienated

oh dear

anyway, RL won't ever "die", just assume its place as the "third" or "fourth" code along with union.
Women are 50% of the population, but not 50% of the obtainable market. Neither are men. There are far less women who are interested in or watch sports than men. Those cheerleaders and footy show morons attract men. Without 'tools' pun intended, such as those, one could argue less of the male sports market would watch the sport. The decrease in men watching it and possibly defecting to other sport codes would probably be far sharper than the increase in female viewers.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
preface: you have a degree in this so it's a bit one-sided, lol

the fact that women aren't attainable for RL is their problem, not inherent in all sports

women do follow & participate in sport, consider the new W-League and the fact that womens'/girls' football is the fastest growing sport in the country in participation among either gender

women, as mothers, also determine what sports their kids will play & watch :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol. There are still many women who you couldn't convert to a sports follower (despite even playing sports in school) due to the way they've been conditioned by their parents. My exgf and most of her friends are the same: many of them played competitive hockey, did swimming, etc., but won't even watch the olympics.

I would think that spectatorship of the W-league is very small. Small like my penis after I enlarged it :(

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if roosters lose this week's game v the sharks, they will probably drop out of the top 4 by the end of the season. with raiders in hot form and an easy run home to take the spot.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
The footy show is rat shit.
A bunch of meat heads in the pannel and even bigger idiots in the audience.

historykidd

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

oh dear

oi get fucked cunt, i thought you'd be able to sense a troll :p

its also clear you've got little idea about rugby league and its history mate, most people with a fair idea on this thread would disagree with you. Its not objectifying women anymore than other national codes within Australia. AFL and other major sporting codes have had significant run ins with stars assaulting women (think Wayne Carey, Sam Newmans comments even within the past few weeks) and cheerleaders are commonplace within these sports.

you also have the replacement of cheerleaders with (lame) drummers as in south sydney.

to claim that Rugby league, more than other national code is isolating the demographic of women because it has cheerleaders (rofl) and has incidents with women is fairly ignorant imo.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
the roosters held a fan day today, bbq and all. we staff went down and got some freebies and chatted to the players. i am not kidding you when i say they don't look confident heading into the finals. 3 loses on the trot and a somewhat assured home final is now in jeopardy. they train really hard but gee, good luck to those boys.

dogs and cowboys went down, tigers got flogged. all as expected.

HSC
**South Sydney Rabbitohs 25 - 40 Canberra Raiders**
[Full Time]
**St George Illawarra Dragons 34 - 6 New Zealand Warriors**
[Full Time]

Go St George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)