• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Ouch. Slater was in the box seat for it, then lost points for throwing punches and getting sent off last game.

Gotta hurt.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
go roosters, swans and australia. i have money on each :)

patty4848

HSC
The broncos won because of their experience. They weathered the roosters hard-hitting storm and then fought back through their attack. This win definitely makes them the real deal and i reckon they are serious premiership contenders at the moment. Some of the broncos attacking footy last night reminded me of their 2006 attack. Let's hope they keep it up in the coming weeks.

Melbourne should definitely win against warriors. Dragons v Manly - too close to call. Manly are just... great, except dragons have a pretty good record against them. Should be a close on. And i reckon the raiders will outscore the sharks. The sharks defence may be good, but the raiders attack is better.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
sharks and eagles way too good, never in doubt with their games. raiders will probably get another shot at it next week, but shouldn't fancy their chances against broncos.

here's the flaw with the mcintyre system. sharks won their game this week, yet they are up against the roosters, who finished 4th on the ladder. 3rd vs 4th in a sudden death final. sharks win in this week will mean nothing if they can't trump the roosters, same as broncos. so in what way are the sharks been rewarded?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah lol, and in contrast, the 5th placed broncos get to play 6th. hmmm.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha yeah :s was so safe at the half way point of each game too

u-borat

Banned
HSC
fucking lol; apparently if melbourne win tomorrow, the roosters will play the sharks at the sydney football stadium.

trust me, the mcintyre system is fair.

ledzeppelin

HSC
If the Sharks had a better home ground, they could play it there. It's not the NRL's fault Shark Park is a dump.
The McIntyre system is pretty lame, they should revert to the old ARL system (which the AFL now uses).
And LOL@Nathan Brown, he once again proved his total incompetence picking Ben Rogers ahead of Jamie Soward

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na technically the sharks should get a home game but as ledzeppelin said, their home ground is too shit so they'll choose a ground in sydney...which happens to be the sfs, the home ground of the roosters. :D

historykidd

HSC
u-borat said:
fucking lol; apparently if melbourne win tomorrow, the roosters will play the sharks at the sydney football stadium.

trust me, the mcintyre system is fair.
no.

from a roosters standpoint, we were essentially rewarded for losing first week.

elsewise we would've verused manly, an indisputably harder team than sharks.

edit: also, sharks will have a choice of either ANZ or SFS for the stadium. since SFS is roosters homeground, they'll pick ANZ.

shoepopper

HSC
:mad: at sean hampstead!!

he so screwed up the dragons game. stupid calls!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
u-borat said:
na technically the sharks should get a home game but as ledzeppelin said, their home ground is too shit so they'll choose a ground in sydney...which happens to be the sfs, the home ground of the roosters. :D
how does 2nd week's game differ to the 1st week's? how come the raiders had to put up with the 'dump', but not the roosters?

even if they had to pick a bigger and supposedly better ground, what about a neutral venue such as anz stadium or eels park? the sharks have every reason to be pissed about this.

having said that, even at home i don't think the roosters will get over the sharks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)