2008 Poster And Promotion (1 Viewer)

georgesaad

HSC
hey guys i was just seeing if we can start a group where we can disuss our poster and promotion projects for the next, give each other some help and maybe get to no each other and build a littler community :) lol. so first topic whta texts are you choosing??

L i L O

HSC
I've read most of the texts..

I think it'll be between Private Lives, Myth, Propaganda.. and As You Like It..

I just can't wait to get started, but I don't want to keep my logbook or work my rationale or any of that shit lol.

I just wanna make some posters :)

georgesaad

HSC
lol so truee the poster is best part. well im tossin gup between visions and ham funeral...still havnt chosen yet!!

Cassias

HSC
yay!

yeah im doing poster and promotion too, i reckon it'll be heaps good

i reckon im doing summer rain though i reckon itll be easiest to design for. if i get stuck though im gonna do private lives. i read all the others except for as you like it cause im not a big fan of shakespeare.
gosh i had to go to the state library to find over half the plays though... talk about effort!!

Micka

HSC
Haha ok well I'm doing Myth Propaganda .. I decided a little while ago..

Here is what I'm up to;

(Yes it is small for a reason.)

I'm not happy with the title .. I need to establish somewhere effective to put it and also the layout needs work.

I also need a higher res STC logo .. does anyone have any suggestions?

Any comments or questions are more than welcome :)

Micka.

Mary2

HSC
Image is nice but i don't reckon you can put the name of the playwright at the bottom like he is just a logo or a sponsor. Selwel should be more up there with the title. Lots of kids at my school did the towers and our teacher said get away from the obvious but I like your broken glass.

Lexii-

HSC
Hey. I'm doing Promo/Poster too.
My text is Summer Rain. I'm really struggling with my design, I'm waiting on a Photoshop disk at the moment.. is that what all you guys are using?

deemt

HSC
hey
i am do Myth Propaganda ..... and i am so stuck .... my poster looks super crap to you guys lol

and i have a question what are we meant to do about the sponsors are we suppose to make them up or what ... i am sooo confused

Annalisee

HSC
I'm doing Myth, Prop... it's so hard to get away from the overdone flag, towers, gun thing. I want to avoid red white and blue for obvious reasons. I love the play though.

josh0069

HSC
deemt said:
hey
i am do Myth Propaganda ..... and i am so stuck .... my poster looks super crap to you guys lol

and i have a question what are we meant to do about the sponsors are we suppose to make them up or what ... i am sooo confused
hey im doin everyman and it's coming along pretty slow but hopefully il get there...with the sponsers you make sponsers up if you want but if you are doin a real theatre like STC then it is probably best to see what sponsers they use.

L i L O

HSC
I'm doing As You Like It, because I love Shakespeare and the themes and symbols are really easy to understand and use.
I've done about four different posters so far, unsure of which one I'm going to use..

Do any of you know whether or not we have to write all the info in our program or if we can lift the entire thing from a program we already have? If that makes sense..
Like, when crediting cast and creative team in the program, can we use their actual theatre credits and experience from descriptions given in a real program? I don't see the point in making it up.. or writing a Directorial vision when you can just use the actual directorial vision given in a real program..

*SIGH*

josh0069

HSC
hey does anybody no if we are allowed to use images of the net or do we have to take them ourselves..i dnt want to use something that i found on google images and then get told thats plagarism..also..
with the profile for the theatre company if you are using an existing company are you allowed to use their profile for example STC's
http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/content.asp?cID=44

--help please--

georgesaad

HSC
josh0069 said:
hey does anybody no if we are allowed to use images of the net or do we have to take them ourselves..i dnt want to use something that i found on google images and then get told thats plagarism..also..
with the profile for the theatre company if you are using an existing company are you allowed to use their profile for example STC's

--help please--
your alowed to use an imgae but you need to obviuosly refrence it correctly and give full credit for the image used you just cant use an image entirely for your poster and for the sponsor thingy you use the sponsors of the theatre company and for your program you can use the theatre credits of the director and actors and crea but you need to write your own directorial concept and like the vision for the play so it matches with your poster and its style hope this helped everyone

masterche

HSC
im doing private lives because thats the only one my drama teacher had.

iv taken some photos for the poster design but my cameras shitty so the quality isnt very good.

Cassias

HSC
Lexii- said:
Hey. I'm doing Promo/Poster too.
My text is Summer Rain. I'm really struggling with my design, I'm waiting on a Photoshop disk at the moment.. is that what all you guys are using?
im doin summer rain aswell. i reckon a musical like this one just shouts promotion and programme. though i just finished doing my acter bio thingyes and thats about it

Cassias

HSC
josh0069 said:

--help please--
im not really including much about the actual theatre cause from all of the programmes that i have read, only one mentions anything about the actual theatre

Cassias

HSC
and now yay!!!! im getting my programme, poster and flyer printed next thursday!!!

chloeg

HSC
hey
can anyone tell me if we write our own authors note and directors note??
im so confused!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)