• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
'Miracle' Obama hasn't been assassinated: Castro

Former Cuban president Fidel Castro says American society is marked by "profound racism" and it is a "pure miracle" that US presidential hopeful Barack Obama has not been assassinated.

"Profound racism exists in the United States," Mr Castro wrote in a commentary that appeared on the website Cubadebate as he weighed in on the US presidential race ahead of the November 4 election.

"Millions of whites cannot reconcile in their minds with the idea that a black man with his wife and children would move into the White House, which is called just like that, White," he wrote.

He added that it was a "pure miracle" the Illinois senator, who became the first black politician to win the Democratic Party's presidential nomination, had not been assassinated thus far.

The ailing Cuban communist leader, who handed power to his brother Raul earlier this year, described Senator Obama as a politician who "has the habit of looking at his opponent with serenity and laughing at his rhetorical attacks."

Mr Castro's comments came as a war of words with racial undertones marked the US White House race after civil rights icon John Lewis accused Republican candidate John McCain of sowing "hatred" against Senator Obama, who is developing a commanding lead in opinion polls.

Mr Castro also mocked Senator McCain's poor grades at the naval academy and said Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin "knew nothing at all about anything."

source: ABC
I agree with a communist, it IS a miracle :)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
slickstar_01 said:
http://jezebel.com/5060704/the-sarah-palin-non+photoshop-chop-fox-news-wants-to-alter-your-reality

What the hell is wrong with these idiots? People are dying of hunger around the world, people dont have jobs, people and businesses are going bankrupt, world economies are going through the worst period since the great depression and these people still find the time to talk about why was he/she not given access to latest cosmetic products, that picture is so eww?

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable and the height of materialism.

I read about that, it was so funny, but at the same time, magazines with Barack Obama in it, is not photoshopped as well.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
chicky_pie said:
I agree with a communist, it IS a miracle :)
Aaalmost as good as Osama warning Americans not to vote McCain. Still hanging around for that endorsement

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I like how on the one hand you liberals love to harp on about how stupid Americans are, and on the other you love to cite Obama's lead in the polls as legitimacy.
a) that's a shallow jab

b) it's pretty clear that the implication is that it is the 33% or so of Americans that make up the core Republican base which are of questionable intellect; not an exhaustive assessment of every single American. ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't call a person stupid for electing a Republican. I'd call a person stupid for electing a Republican every single time without even considering the alternatives, or if they elected Bush twice.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Plenty of Republicans have come to lament the intellectual degradation of their party.

Here's a really good example: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/opinion/10brooks.html

And another: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-10/the-conservative-case-for-obama/

Want more? There's always Kathleen Parker.

Iron said:
Aaalmost as good as Osama warning Americans not to vote McCain. Still hanging around for that endorsement
You are aware that Osama Bin Laden wants a Holy War - the end of days? He does not fear dying for Allah.

Ask yourself then, why he would suggest Americans vote for somebody likely to end such a war before it began?

You were played, sir.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm pretty sure tape emerged of him saying something similar about Kerry shortly before the 04 election. Other than that, looks like your terrorist pal is plenty afraid of death. I dont think Osama would mind having a friendly state help him to carry out further attacks on the American homeland. Beats cowering somewhere in a spiderhole

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I'm pretty sure tape emerged of him saying something similar about Kerry shortly before the 04 election.
Yeah - so people would vote for Bush in defiance and he'd get his nice little religious jihad.

It's reverse psychology - playing to American nationalism. Bin Laden might be many things - evil, insane - but naive and stupid he is not.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
The fall of the fiscally conservative Republican: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_52/b3914021_mz007.htm

The sad thing is, John McCain, as more of a pragmatist than a ideological conservative retard, is probably one of the few decent Republicans left (along with Olympia Snowe). It's just plain bad luck he arrived on the scene at the same time as a Democrat of similar calibre, Barack Obama.

I'm not feeling too sorry for him, though. Obama is better, and I don't think even McCain could change the GOP - judging by this campaign it's more likely it would change him.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Obama won in mid september when people realised Palin is batshit crazy and that Bush butt-raped the economy.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Yeah - so people would vote for Bush in defiance and he'd get his nice little religious jihad.

It's reverse psychology - playing to American nationalism. Bin Laden might be many things - evil, insane - but naive and stupid he is not.
I see...
-Hello, terrorism hotline? This guy I know claims to have insider knowledge of Osama and his terroristic tactics
-I see
-I want to remain anon.
-That's fine. Can you tell us more?
-Well, he kept apologising for him too, saying that he's cluey and smart. I also think he might be gay
-This is all very useful to the securtiy of your nation
-Country first

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I see...
-Hello, terrorism hotline? This guy I know claims to have insider knowledge of Osama and his terroristic tactics
-I see
-I want to remain anon.
-That's fine. Can you tell us more?
-Well, he kept apologising for him too, saying that he's cluey and smart. I also think he might be gay
-This is all very useful to the securtiy of your nation
-Country first
While it's always amusing to see a social authoritarian's hopes crushed, you really have no reason to be so bitter. Maybe if you stopped clinging to the shreds of a failing ideology this wouldn't be so hard for you.

In the words of Hillary Clinton today: "This election is too important to sit on the sidelines of history. I haven't spent 35 years in the trenches fighting for universal health care, for children, for families, for women, for middle-class people to see another Republican in the White House squander the promise of our nation and the hopes of our people."

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol dont box me into an ideology you pinko clown. Conservatism is, if anything, anti-ideology.
And I never lost total faith in final victory. We're just experiencing a bit of a set back in Berlin. But once we get the lights back on, the bunker will be a hive of activity. You'll see.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
lol dont box me into an ideology you pinko clown.
Hypocrisy!

Conservatism is, if anything, anti-ideology.
Contradiction!

And I never lost total faith in final victory. We're just experiencing a bit of a set back in Berlin. But once we get the lights back on, the bunker will be a hive of activity. You'll see.
Hitler!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Mortgages! 'Peace'! Gas!
Obama

Garygaz

HSC
Watching all the Republicans whine after the elections will be like adding fresh air to my lungs.

I seriously lol'd at the Troopergate findings. Palin claims that they were politically motivated, forgetting the fact that the commission was REPUBLICAN dominated. I am still scratching my head as to why the Republicans picked her as McCain's running mate.

Oh, and I have to say, I gained a little bit of respect for McCain when he stood up for Obama when the crowd were going all nutso-redneck on him. (it's on youtube if you wanna see)

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
palin is just scary. what's more scary is that america is stupid enough to vote for someone like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)