• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Rather misleading headline. Obama isn't suspending anything - he's going to to Hawaii to visit his sick grandmother while his wife, Hillary and Biden campaign in his wake and his TV ads continue to air.

Contrast that with McCain - pulled his ads, claimed to stop surrogates from campaigning, etc.

Honestly, that's the type of thing the Drudge report would spin. Shame on ABC. :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Obama married to Hillary and Biden.
Polygamist arab muslim terrorist
Need any more reasons to vote McCain/

HSC
Front page of Drudge:

NICKELODEON 'KIDS VOTE'... Obama 51% (1,167,087), McCain 49% (1,129,945)...

The only poll worth paying attention to.

Edit:

I agree, you SHOULDENT vote for obamaGuys, Barack laughed at a plummer because obama went to harverd and the plummer didnt. Do you just want a prisent that is mean and tough? We need a tough president but if they are going to be mean why vote for them? Soure if McCain is older but he is more experinced! We need a good president to run this country and if Barack is in office then we will be takin care of the government but you dont realize that he will be taxing more money to get the money to help these people! They should find a job or go to school. Please vote McCain!
why maccain should be the president

Date: 10/18/08 3:44 PM

I think maccain should be the president because
#1: we dont need to worry about global warming because it is just a natural cycle of the earth. If global warming was caused by people we would of never gotten out of the ice age because people didnt have cars then. The way I see it, cars are keeping us out of another ice age!!!
#2: obama is going to raise taxes, which will cause people to either go banktrupt. And if you have been watching the news you heard that if obama is the president, joe the plumber wont be able to buy the business he wants to!

Last edited:

hsb39

HSC
Iron said:
Tulipa, pls, I beg of you, vote Nader
A vote to Nader is just a vote away from Obama, which might as well be a vote to Mccain. Nader may be liberal, but voting for him is in the interests of the conservatives. It's what "lost" Gore the 2000 election and made Bush "President".

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Nah.

Nader voters usually come from blue states anyway (so no loss), while Libertarian voters come from red states and swing states (meaning a loss for the Repubs). Worst case scenario: they cancel each other out, at about 1% to 2% of the vote.

This is exactly what's happening in Georgia. Coupled with the super-energised black voters and McCain barely leading there (by 2% last poll, probably 4% on average) and you'll most likely see Obama win that state on election day (for reference, he's currently winning the early vote).

hsb39

HSC
Trefoil said:
Nah.

Nader voters usually come from blue states anyway (so no loss), while Libertarian voters come from red states and swing states (meaning a loss for the Repubs). Worst case scenario: they cancel each other out, at about 1% to 2% of the vote.

This is exactly what's happening in Georgia. Coupled with the super-energised black voters and McCain barely leading there (by 2% last poll, probably 4% on average) and you'll most likely see Obama win that state on election day (for reference, he's currently winning the early vote).
Most of the voters are still liberal and would have voted Obama>Mccain. In the 2000 election it lost Gore Florida, which could happen in any swing state. I say that if you can vote, vote for the one that you prefer that could win.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Wow. Zogby is at Obama +8.1%. I really thought the race was tightening. Figured it'd start to settle at +4% in Obama's favour but instead the polls are still all over the place (between +4% and +10%). But this one from Zogby is extra strange, because they're the most pro-Republican pollster (by virtue of their 2004 party weightings which are way out of date).

What this means is that Republicans are starting to supporting Obama, because he already had large support from independents in previous Zogby polls.

Well, if this is what's happening, then it seems not just possible but probable there will be a landslide. George H.W. Bush was ahead less than this and he won like 410 electoral votes.

Civiletti: Yeah, you're seeing the disgusting side of America there. Let's hope they remain their usual spineless selves and don't do anything to cause a civil war.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Obama being assassinated would be the worst. Then we'd have to hear Oprah and fucking Sean Penn or whoever rave on about him being a martyr. I don't need to read that shit for another 35 years.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
I doubt it very much because of his security, if it does happen it will be an inside job. however, if it does happen it would have disastrous consequences and would inflame African American sentiment and would lead to civil chaos.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
The thing that outrages me most is that the fuckers killed a baby bear to make their 'point'.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
bigboyjames said:
I doubt it very much because of his security, if it does happen it will be an inside job. however, if it does happen it would have disastrous consequences and would inflame African American sentiment and would lead to civil chaos.
JFK wasn't an inside job. Nor Lincoln. And it's not like the Secret Service is invincible and omnipotent.
[Although unthinkable, assasination] would immortalise him in the annals of history. Every American President who dies before their term is up and serves during a national security crisis is revered and worshipped by history. JFK, Lincoln, Roosevelt. Obama has the financial and Middle East crises to call his own.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ladies and gentlemen, republican and democrats, leftist and right wingers, come November the 5th, the people of the untied states of America will swore in the next president of the USA. messiah barrack Hussein obama.

god bless you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)