2008- related texts? (2 Viewers)

independantz

HSC
So how many related texts are you 2008'ers doing, since the stimujlus booklet has been removed, So far i've done two but i'm unsure as to whether i should get a third? could someone please shed some light on this , my teacher was unsure about this , so how many have your teachers recommended?

HSC
my teacher wanted 5 but time being the issue went done to 3 and she made us analyze two for an assessment after she told us which would work with our text better and such

jzhang159

HSC
my teacher wanted at least two related texts per each journey. Eg inner journey; i'm legend or truman show.

coolcapsicum

HSC
my teacher hasn't said anything.. amount the quantity of texts.. but she said do a decent amount (not really sure what that means).. but even if u do extra texts.. it would be good practise for sectionI in paper I..

so far .. i've done 3.. but to be on the safe side.. i'm gonna do about 5 (maybe more if i can be bothered)

but if u don't wanna do want i'm doing..

i think 2-3 texts should be enough..

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
2 or 3 related. Anymore than that and you'll screw yourself over because you're not doing any of your texts in enough detail to score high marks.

rachelalyce01

HSC
My teacher just said to do 2 - 3.

The people writing the exam wont ask the impossible and expect you to write about more than 3 related texts.

HSC
m.incognito said:
5 related texts?! 5?!
Holy crap imagine all the quotes you'd have to remember.
My teacher said 2-3 was fine.
oh no, i didnt mean write about 5 in an essay i meant chose 5 so that we could pick the best 2 to do in our essays, she only wanted 2 of our own sources as well as 2 poems from coleridge in our essay. worked quite well;)

morganjane

HSC
at my school, the teachers stand on the ground of having two other related texts-
due merely to time- 40 minutes for the essay, and analysis should be sufficient- not just quick/brief.
also due to questions beign worded "refer to your prescribed text and texts of your own choosing"

nandison

HSC
:uhoh: urrmi think we're doing about 2 for each new topic, in english. Although some classes in our school are only doing 3.

MissTurner

HSC
You should do at least 3, if not four or five. This is the first year without a stimulus booklet for teachers as well, and its always better to have too many than not enough!

jemb0t

HSC
I have 3.
My teacher suggested atleast 2 but we were also made to keep a portfolio/scrapbook of various texts we could use, so that we had the option to use the strongest of all the texts we had accumulated.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Sorry, this is a late realisation, but it seems that our fatass faggot teacher thought that the Board of Stimulus Booklet was valid until this year and we were studying one text from it all along since the start of the year.

Now, i have to find other related texts.

I just wanted to know, if you could use one from the stimulus booklet as a related text?

kwinnall

HSC
we were advised to have a MINIMUM of two related texts for each module, but to have a possible 3 just in case the question doesn't 100% suit the other pieces.

lalaka

HSC
Is horton hears a who!, a good realted text for area of study (physical journey) for english standard?

hey diprat!

HSC
my school told us to do two or three...

the exam is going to say "using one ORT" or "using other related texts", so they can't specifically ask you for more than two. as long as you've got like a 50:50 or 60:40 ratio, you'll be fine.

in the past they asked for one from the stimulus booklet and an ort.

anyways, good luck everyone

teurino

HSC
just wondering, if the majority of ppl are doing 2-3 related material for their essay, in my case with Skrzynecki's - Immigrant chronicle, how many poems are ppl going to do?

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
hmm yeah im doing skrzynecki (the bastard) 2 poems 2 related txts..... i feel a bit inadequate now.

amyj1710

HSC
Triple777ER said:
Sorry, this is a late realisation, but it seems that our fatass faggot teacher thought that the Board of Stimulus Booklet was valid until this year and we were studying one text from it all along since the start of the year.

Now, i have to find other related texts.

I just wanted to know, if you could use one from the stimulus booklet as a related text?
ours told us we could. we just realised the other day that we didn't have to do the stimulus booklet, we spent quite a while on it an yeah... covered 3 of the texts in great depth, but she said we could use them!

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
have two that are easily applicable to any question..

btw they're supposed to be different text-types and it's ideal to have one novel.

my texts are both films (long story. i didn't do it deliberately. had to scrap other text)! will i get penalised?! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)