• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2008 = Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for President (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think there would be two problems:
a)convncing the electorate that the whitehouse wouldnt get a kreche installed and be a 'sissy' in foriegn affairs/war. and,
b)differentiating her from her husband, building a platform (albiet likely very similar to his) but make it so that it can not be said that Bill has won another term.. and hence possibly even be constitutionally challenged. Though this challenge would fail it would effect her standing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
why... because he's black?

Rudolph Giuliani is a republican, it's rumoured either him or John McCain could get the spot in `08..

Rudolph Giuliani and John McCain both appear to be closer to being centrist than for instance Bush..

Last edited:

Senator04

HSC
N/A
John McCain has campaigned against Bush at primaries last two elections he's more moderate. He should have won in 2000 but Bush made a late charge with Daddy doing a bit of behind the scenes work. He is easily the most likely candidate and would probably make a good President

Rudi Guiliani has been suggested, but he has said he currently has no interest, although on popularity he would probably even defeat Hilary.

i reckon a black president would be awesome
Barack Obama has been another suggestion for the 2008 Democratic ticket, fairly popular except reasonably new in the Senate apparently, more likely to run as Vice President. And evn then a black candidate probably wont appeal to a conservative America.

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
if the democrats want to even come close to winning in 2008 running a woman or an afro american isn't going to happen

as said by plenty of people, they need a southerner

fuck i'd hate to be a kerry voted living in the american midwest

actually i'd hate more to be gay, muslim or a woman living in america.

Lorie

HSC
they probably need someone from the mid-west of the country, rather than the north east. They need to pick up the states in rest of the country if they want to win. ah well, done is done, we're stuck with the idiot son of an arsehole for the next four years, and who knows maybe a bull will run free from his ranch and run over his head.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
btw did everybody know that George W Bush cannot run for re-election in 2008 as its stated in the American Constititution that a president can only serve a max of two four year terms?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/06/2008.gop/index.html
I only found this out today :S
you're quick

wouldn't be surprised if he tried to change the constitution though and replace it with his personal interpretation of the bible

Lorie

HSC
Nick said:
you're quick

wouldn't be surprised if he tried to change the constitution though and replace it with his personal interpretation of the bible

Thou shall make me president forever......

B

Bambul

MoonlightSonata said:
thank god for the founding fathers
The founding father's never restricted a Presiden't term. FDR won 4 elections (1932, 1936, 1940 and 1944). The 2 term restriction was only added in the second half of the 20th century.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)