2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

Why do you and lucid both have signatures about hunger? Something you want to share with us, or is it just the intrinsic nature of BPsych students?
hahaha. mines a quote from harold and kumar go to white castle. i also happen to be eating at this very moment! coincedence? very much so :)

dance2urownbeat

HSC

Japanese - I wasn't sure if we could start at beginners or not.

Can we choose to not enroll into the CSP (due to not having a TFN) during the main round enrollment and do it later? I need to go to the ATO on monday and I have a feeling I won't get my TFN by the 3rd...
yeh i also don't have a tax number so i enrolled and said id pay full-fee which i def won't be...how do u get a certificate thing though?

Logjammin'

HSC

yeh i also don't have a tax number so i enrolled and said id pay full-fee which i def won't be...how do u get a certificate thing though?
Go into the ATO or something - not on a weekend, of course.

Thanks a lot AsyLum

X

xeuyrawp

Japanese - I wasn't sure if we could start at beginners or not.
Hahah yep I remember.

That's definitely the most common question when it comes to International Studies - they really should highlight it in the booklets and other info about it.

aq15

HSC

with my letter being all like "congrats on receiving an offer to study at mac uni" i got a free 1GB usb stick apparently with "helpful info on how to enrol", i havn't looked at it yet. it's got their logo on it :)
Can you tell us whats onthe usb stick. because mines doesn't even read on the computer and laptop. Most likey i got a corrupted usb.

Logjammin'

HSC

Can you tell us whats onthe usb stick. because mines doesn't even read on the computer and laptop. Most likey i got a corrupted usb.
Enrolment details. I can host it somewhere if you want?

Last edited:

dance2urownbeat

HSC

Go into the ATO or something - not on a weekend, of course.

Thanks a lot AsyLum
um where are they located? like the post office? man how i wish i already had a tax file number! haha.

yeh it's just what logjammin attached. i didn't find it particularly helpful, but damn your computer doesn't read it! do you have the adobe software? is that even the issue? i have no idea haha...

cjdart

HSC

B Environmental Management/B Laws.
Anyone else doing the same??

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

I don't think I spoke with a Russian. I spoke with a Pole, though. Very interesting. :)

I want to know if I spoke with someone here. :(
so u were the one calling with the congratulations...?

did u happen to speak to a polish guy named simon...name in polish pronounced "shimon" (szymon)?

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

lol did anyone call me at 10:30am?? cause that person was nice, even thoughh i just woke up

lucidassembly

HSC

Why do you and lucid both have signatures about hunger? Something you want to share with us, or is it just the intrinsic nature of BPsych students?
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah... I'm thinking uncanny coincidence :p Mine is a quote from 'Adaptation' which I've always loved. Plus, it pretty accurately describes my entire EE2 major work process, so it seemed fitting to have throughout year 12.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah... I'm thinking uncanny coincidence :p Mine is a quote from 'Adaptation' which I've always loved. Plus, it pretty accurately describes my entire EE2 major work process, so it seemed fitting to have throughout year 12.
Thought it sounded familiar, good movie.

X

xeuyrawp

jiey2 said:
lol did anyone call me at 10:30am?? cause that person was nice, even thoughh i just woke up
There were three of us doing the faculty of arts. Boy or girl?

did u happen to speak to a polish guy named simon...name in polish pronounced "shimon" (szymon)?
Yes! Thanks for telling me about it! Hope it didn't sound odd asking, but I have an obsession with names and their origins, so yeah. :)

I can't remember what you're studying, though... International studies?

Last edited by a moderator:

urahb

HSC

Hey guys

Someone asked a similar question, but Im a student at UNSW atm for commerce (all of 2008)...i wanna transfer to macquarie uni applied finance/law...i missed the main round...but there are still vacancies for the late round and judging by these posts doesnt look like many ppl have applied for the course. Just wanted to know what my chances are? I got a pretty decent uai...below the cut-off but close...but my uni results weren't flash...just a pass? And how can i apply if i wanna transfer mid-year?

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

a guy with like flat deepish voice, i was doing internatonal communications and asked questions about the late round

X

xeuyrawp

Hey guys
Someone asked a similar question, but Im a student at UNSW atm for commerce (all of 2008)...i wanna transfer to macquarie uni applied finance/law...i missed the main round...but there are still vacancies for the late round and judging by these posts doesnt look like many ppl have applied for the course.
There could be like, one vacancy. I really wouldn't judge anything based on this site.

Just wanted to know what my chances are? I got a pretty decent uai...below the cut-off but close...but my uni results weren't flash...just a pass?
Check out the NRSL (non-recent school leaver) / NCSL (current) ranking system elsewhere on this site. If your average is a pass, I doubt you'll get in, but good luck with it I guess.

To be honest, I'm not sure why people worry about their chances. It's completely irrelevant as you can't do anything about it. Just try your best and go for it.

And how can i apply if i wanna transfer mid-year?
You apply to UAC. I'm not sure if BAppFin/LLB has midyear intake, you need to ask them.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

There were three of us doing the faculty of arts. Boy or girl?

Yes! Thanks for telling me about it! Hope it didn't sound odd asking, but I have an obsession with names and their origins, so yeah. :)

I can't remember what you're studying, though... International studies?

hahaha it was perfectly normal..i also have a similar obseesion with peoples names, backgrounds languages etc etc.

im doing B arts then transferring after 2nd semester into B commerce

*Baby-K*

HSC

I was just getting organised today so I don't miss out on any important days. So this is what I've done:
  • I checked out when my enrolment day is- 3rd of Feb
  • I need to hand it a form for previous studies by 4th- results 13th
  • The orientation day is 18th
  • I've printed the study pattern for my course + discriptions of units and some electives that I found interesting
  • I had a look at the timetable and printed it (Q. about the timetable- how do you know the dates. Like it says the day of the week but not the actual date)
  • I also printed the internal undergrad. proposed program form - but can't fill it out cause I don't understand the timetable.
Is there anything else I need to do? or have forgotten to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)