2009 Preliminary Yearlies Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
re: Preliminary Yearlies Discussion Thread

my thoughts exactly :p
my extension exam is next week so i've got awhile to cook up a crock of bullshit for creative. what did you study this year?
we studied taming of the shrew and ten things i hate about you (yawn)
1984, we're doing after the bomb next year
and moulin rouge, looking at post modernism.

i'm quite sure our exam is an essay on 1984 and a creative piece based on 1984...

what did you study?

gella

HSC

iojhlgdh
are you serious :(
we did gothic fiction. the castle of otranto, some edgar allen poe stories and the turn of the screw. it's sort of hard to write gothic creative writing without it appearing cliched and shit. lol
and pretty sure we're doing crime fiction next year. woo

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

iojhlgdh
are you serious :(
we did gothic fiction. the castle of otranto, some edgar allen poe stories and the turn of the screw. it's sort of hard to write gothic creative writing without it appearing cliched and shit. lol
and pretty sure we're doing crime fiction next year. woo
yeah, i find it difficult basing my creative writing on anything or having to write within the parameters of a genre. are you picking up ext 2?

gella

HSC

i'm considering it. it's either ext 2 or ext history. not sure which one yet. that and, i have a feeling my school won't be having an ext 2 class; not enough people want to do it :( bastards. how about you?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

i'm considering it. it's either ext 2 or ext history. not sure which one yet. that and, i have a feeling my school won't be having an ext 2 class; not enough people want to do it :( bastards. how about you?
i'm going to pick up both and then choose between the two, i love the sound of ext history!

we have a fair few people wanting to do it at our school, but the majority arent the brightest bulbs in the tanning bed.

there will probably be a full ext 2 maths class and a class of 5 or 6 for english :(

gella

HSC

hahaha yeah, 4u mafz is going ahead for sure at my school. not english though i bet :( i have 5 people in my ext 1 eng class, in which only two other girls want to do it. meh oh well
what school do you go to?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

i go to kiama high, its a shit hole but we have about 1400 students.

around 270 in yr 11. :|

what about you?

speedofsound

HSC

still though, my chemistry teachers going to be 'unimpressed' when he sees my mark :D
ahh thankyou. It's weird, there's a 1:2 male:female ratio in my class, but the other class at my school has 1:30 male:female haha.
Lucky guy, i must say..
aw that is adorable

i was going to get high before my chemistry exam, but alas i have ext english in the arvo. not doing any work for math either.
i am quite impressed by your methods of study

gella

HSC

i go to kiama high, its a shit hole but we have about 1400 students.

around 270 in yr 11. :|

what about you?
holy hell that's a lot for one year.
good samaritan catholic college. biggest hole eeeeeeeeeever

speedofsound

HSC

no i think i deserve that title, as opposed to cramming for business i am just watching cat and panda videos on youtube

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

no i think i deserve that title, as opposed to cramming for business i am just watching cat and panda videos on youtube
stellar effort
the funny thing is you'll probably beat the heap of people in your year who are studying their arse off.

speedofsound

HSC

lol, justice will prevail for slackers

pandaaMONIA

HSC

random burst of energy to clean my room.
hopefully once it's cleaned i'll actually STUDY. : |
Need to read up on Othello & Robert Frost poetry for English Advanced, and cram a whole year of prelim ext maths/maths into three/four days. fuckfuckfuck

pandaaMONIA

HSC

I hate youtube. I click on one of my subscribed videos, and 5 hours later half of my download quota and also life has gone missing. :|

untouchablecuz

HSC

i was going to get high before my chemistry exam, but alas i have ext english in the arvo. not doing any work for math either.

i may do a bit of work for modern, because i like the subject and revising the topics we did will be rather interesting. perhaps for society too...
watta badcunt

hn92

HSC

gahhh mine all start tomorrow with english :(
FML

haven't really studied, don't really care atm but when i get my shit results back ill caree

fuuuck. :(

and oh oh someone help:
whats the best way to study for english ? every exam ive gone into with a preprepared essay i only get okay marks, but then when i wing it i get As and stuff but yeah. i think when i use an essay ive already written i stress too much about writing it wrong or don't answer the q.

what shud i do ? write a few practice essays, or memorise quotes/techniques blah blah ?

pandaaMONIA

HSC

gahhh mine all start tomorrow with english :(
FML

haven't really studied, don't really care atm but when i get my shit results back ill caree

fuuuck. :(

and oh oh someone help:
whats the best way to study for english ? every exam ive gone into with a preprepared essay i only get okay marks, but then when i wing it i get As and stuff but yeah. i think when i use an essay ive already written i stress too much about writing it wrong or don't answer the q.

what shud i do ? write a few practice essays, or memorise quotes/techniques blah blah ?
I memorise quotes and techniques, and write a few practice essays from past paper questions.

I dunno, I don't see much of a point in studying for English Advanced in year 11, yeah you might get mediocre results, but it's year 11. Year 11 texts have nothing to do with year 12 texts, and as long as you can write a half-decent essay at this point, I'm sure you'll be fine for next year :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

woo

monday: adv english
tuesday: SOR and business services
wednesday: english paper 2

started studying for english this morning, pretty much know all i need to. pretty stoked i have an easy first week :)
At least you have a first week.

mine only go for a week-7 exams in a week

It seems that most schools have them over two weeks, yeah?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)