2009 sem1 timetables (1 Viewer)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Apparently everyone had the same idea of changing their schedules once the clock hits 12:01. I can't even get past the 'View My Timetable' page in Alloc8 due to too much Internet traffic. Aargh:jedi:
Heh, I'm having the same trouble right now.

kenny.

HSC
lol the refresh button sure got a good working out.
Which archi studios are you guys in? I'm stuck in the Wed 3pm one :(
but i just realised i only have 13 hours lol

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
lol the refresh button sure got a good working out.
Which archi studios are you guys in? I'm stuck in the Wed 3pm one :(
but i just realised i only have 13 hours lol
I'm in the Wednesday 9am one.

Am currently facing the decision of a 6 hour Wednesday with no break in order to finish earlier on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I think I'm gonna do it.

Woo.

kenny.

HSC
I'm in the Wednesday 9am one.

Am currently facing the decision of a 6 hour Wednesday with no break in order to finish earlier on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I think I'm gonna do it.

Woo.
Hey!! i managed to get into a monday 10am studio by waking up super early this morning lol. so now my timetable is looking a tiny bit less unbearble =D
but yeh fish sauce good luck with the 6hrs straight lol. last sem i had 6hrs with 1hr break somewhere and i still died. its actually quite painful to try and concentrate.

gcspsp

HSC
With the melbourne model I have chosen to do a bachelor of science degree and have majoring in an engineering field an option (as majoring in physics is still something I'm considering). So the brilliance of the degree is that I can do my science subjects whilst having engineering as an option and if I do pursue engineering it may take 1 more year to get my accreditation (exactly the same as the bachelor of engineering degree) but I come out with a bachelor degree and a professional masters degree. This is not to say that I wouldn't pursue a graduate degree if I go down the science track as getting a PhD in physics is also another track I am very interested in taking.
Umm isnt the new gen 5 years? 3 + 2 right?

greentsquare

HSC
Hey!! i managed to get into a monday 10am studio by waking up super early this morning lol. so now my timetable is looking a tiny bit less unbearble =D
but yeh fish sauce good luck with the 6hrs straight lol. last sem i had 6hrs with 1hr break somewhere and i still died. its actually quite painful to try and concentrate.
aw, good for you. im in the 3pm wed studio, and im trying to get into a 2pm one to reduce my break from 3 hours to 2. however, even at about 1am today, all the 2pm studios are full. Yeah, goodluck Fishsauce with that 6hour day. Last year, someone from Alloc8 changed my schedule for me because I told them a 6hour day was a bit much considering I only have 15 contact hours.

I reckon what he meant was that it would take an extra year compared with the old degrees which has 4 years, and that's just the undergrad. New gen is 5 years undergrad AND masters

HSC
the people who run melbourne uni must be some of the least intelligent beings on the planet!

Every single tutorial for intermediate microeconomics is either full or overfull, so nobody can change tutes on alloc8. Hence, I get bombarded with emails from random students saying 'I have tuesday 2pm and want any time on wednesday - anyone want to swap?'. I think its up to about 50 emails so far :evilfire:

Oh, and there is only one 1.5hr lecture per week for Social Science Research Methods, and only one stream - it is 184% overfull. It's in the Charles Pearson Lecture theatre (which isn't that big if anyone has been in there), and it is compulsory for Sociology Majors and highly recommended for politics and criminology. You'd think they would have expected a fairly large number of people to be doing this subject...

kenny.

HSC
Last semester some environments subjects where wayyy overfull and in the end they added a couple more classes and people were able to switch around a bit. but that's only after about 50 people went to student centre and complained lol.
you'd think other faculties would be smart enough to do this too right?

Joel8945

HSC
Sorry my response was a bit ambiguous. What I was meaning is that for me to get the same accreditation it would take 1 more extra year than a student who did a bachelor of engineering.

Joel8945

HSC
the people who run melbourne uni must be some of the least intelligent beings on the planet!

Every single tutorial for intermediate microeconomics is either full or overfull, so nobody can change tutes on alloc8. Hence, I get bombarded with emails from random students saying 'I have tuesday 2pm and want any time on wednesday - anyone want to swap?'. I think its up to about 50 emails so far :evilfire:

Oh, and there is only one 1.5hr lecture per week for Social Science Research Methods, and only one stream - it is 184% overfull. It's in the Charles Pearson Lecture theatre (which isn't that big if anyone has been in there), and it is compulsory for Sociology Majors and highly recommended for politics and criminology. You'd think they would have expected a fairly large number of people to be doing this subject...
I've had about 3 people want to change spots with me...:evilfire:

Also when a class is overfull does that mean that some people wont get a seat!:jaw:

HSC
in lectures, it certainly means people won't get a seat - and they generally don't allow people to sit in isles for health and safety reasons, so they don't have a choice but to repeat the lecture.

In tutes you can probably just take chairs from other rooms...

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Hi, quick question, although a bit unrelated:

Does The University of Melbourne have a wireless internet connection throughout the Parkville campus?

Also, same question but within sourrounding campuses? Also how quick is it?
would it be quick enough for XBOX 360 live? I know this question may sound pety but still..

greentsquare

HSC
Hi, quick question, although a bit unrelated:

Does The University of Melbourne have a wireless internet connection throughout the Parkville campus?

Also, same question but within sourrounding campuses? Also how quick is it?
would it be quick enough for XBOX 360 live? I know this question may sound pety but still..
can't answer all your questions with 100% certainty but i'll try though
q1: Yep - the network is called UniWireless, just configure your wireless settings and you're good to go. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

q2: By 'surrounding campuses' do you mean the nearby non-Melbourne Uni ones such as RMIT? If yes, there's this thing called Eduroam, where partner institutions can share the wireless facilities (to a certain degree). Like if you visit another uni, you can instantly access the internet. I don't know which are the participating institutions though, although I'm sure Melbourne Uni is one. More info can be found here. Configuration is most probably different from that of the UniWireless.

q3: It's relatively fast - that's why some students download their music on campus. According to the IT FAQs, it's up to 54mbps. Be warned that there's a download limit for external traffic of 250Mb per week, once you exceed this, you can only access internal websites (like LMS, Portal, etc.) Also, since it's a shared facility, the speed would usually be lower than 54Mbps for most users.

q4: I have no idea since I've never used xboz 360 live before. But if people's opinions in Yahoo Answers are anything to go by, then yes, the speed is more than adequate for it.

Cheers.

Joel8945

HSC
My only classes that are overfull are:

- Engineering systems design lectures

- Engineering systems design workshops (Does this mean that some people wont be able to participate in group work?)

- Science 101 (158% overfull)

What does EVERYBODY want to become an engineer?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
can't answer all your questions with 100% certainty but i'll try though
q1: Yep - the network is called UniWireless, just configure your wireless settings and you're good to go. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

q2: By 'surrounding campuses' do you mean the nearby non-Melbourne Uni ones such as RMIT? If yes, there's this thing called Eduroam, where partner institutions can share the wireless facilities (to a certain degree). Like if you visit another uni, you can instantly access the internet. I don't know which are the participating institutions though, although I'm sure Melbourne Uni is one. More info can be found here. Configuration is most probably different from that of the UniWireless.

q3: It's relatively fast - that's why some students download their music on campus. According to the IT FAQs, it's up to 54mbps. Be warned that there's a download limit for external traffic of 250Mb per week, once you exceed this, you can only access internal websites (like LMS, Portal, etc.) Also, since it's a shared facility, the speed would usually be lower than 54Mbps for most users.

q4: I have no idea since I've never used xboz 360 live before. But if people's opinions in Yahoo Answers are anything to go by, then yes, the speed is more than adequate for it.

Cheers.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. It helped ALOT. I really can't thank you enough for being so detailed. Reps coming ur way:)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
lol yup wasted soooo many hours on it :(

add GT --> K4rNag3 x69x
haha same, so so many hours. My friend and i clocked up 1500 ranked matches and 2400 social matches on his account lol Ive only got like 500 or so on my current account. Halo 3 is so so addictive and awesome lol

Yep, i'll add ya tonight. Mine is: Enraged Bear18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)