• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009ers: How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
SWIMMING CARNIVAL TODAY! It was great to have a day off not thinking about school and homework. wOo.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
:mad: So tired and so much to do. Chemistry practical and dotpoint book to be completed, lots and lots of math homework, bio homework, physics report and have to go and talk to my economics teacher about what we covered last lesson as I had peer support.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dotpoint book to be completed? Already?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Dotpoint book to be completed? Already?
For the dotpoints we have already covered so far, the teacher wants us to buy a seperate exercise for dotpoint summary of The Chemical Earth module, so it's easier to read. Then we continue on with the next modules e.g. Metals, Water and Energy.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ZEROtheHERO said:
SWIMMING CARNIVAL TODAY! It was great to have a day off not thinking about school and homework. wOo.
Err what school, because I had swimming carnival as well >_<

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
For the dotpoints we have already covered so far, the teacher wants us to buy a seperate exercise for dotpoint summary of The Chemical Earth module, so it's easier to read. Then we continue on with the next modules e.g. Metals, Water and Energy.
Yeah, we have some supplementary exercises for Chemistry and Physics, which cost us $2 for the entire year. Considering how good they are - it's a bargain. :)

But wow, you've already finished The Chemical Earth? We've barely even gone half way.

HSC
Hey guys!
My day was alright!! for the 1st time less homework, man i thought syd tech was gonnna be cool, but too much work man. I xpect thats what HSC is like

deliberately

HSC
so good. 2 frees out of 5 periods (another one of which was spent as a free considering the teacher was away and the sub was lazy) and almost no homework. that and my house won the swimming carnival - good day to be the captain. ahhh this is the life... haha :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We have a 'study day' today. No school/classes. :)

HSC
I can't really remember much of today - my mind hurts.

I do remember some fun stuff we did during lunch. haahahhahah, awesome .

Dimplez

HSC
Hmm...today wasn't too bad...I'm enjoying english adv. and maths ext.1. I love chemistry and hate physics. I LOVE economics :) ... but starting to freak out a little over all the h/w and assessments and studying for exams that I haven't started... lol other than that yr 11 is pretty cool...

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
A girl remembered 60 decimal places of Pi today in a 75 minute lesson of maths lol. There is a competition on the 14th of March (Pi day) to remember the most digits of Pi and we had a sheet in the room with Pi to 1000 decimal places so she decided to memorise it. She would occasionally make mistakes, but she would go back an correct it :lol:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why is March 14 Pi day? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it as July 22? :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
A day where you celebrate Pi?

I suppose it's because March 14 is 3.14.

bored of sc

HSC
School is okay, religion is pretty bad cause the people my class do NO work, so I just sit in the corner, listen to the teacher and write notes/essays/research/teach myself and stuff. English is goodish, cause we are having quite philosophical conversations about Shakespeare's Othello, but the downside is we got a really difficult assessement task. Maths is great, as usual, great teacher that explains everything very well. Chemistry is mediocre - some of the work is good: mathsy chemical equations but some work is a little dry (for me anyway) and I hate and suck at pracs; and I have a prac write up assignment coming up which is about chemical bonding and physical properties of substances. Music is so fun. We are creating our own body percussions and performing songs like Coldplay's Yellow, Oasis' Wonderwall and Billy Joel's Piano Man as well as learning the concepts of music - duration, pitch etc. PDHPE is also quite enjoyable for me. We are doing better health for individuals by looking at nutrition, physical activity, drugs and stuff of that health nature. And um, that would be all. Haha, year 11 is pretty good I guess, but it's turning out to be a lot more work than I'm used to.

P.S Our science coordinator always gets up at assembly on Pi day and says something along the lines of "mmmmm, pi." Lol, what a stupid pun.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Why 22nd of July?

EDIT: Nevermind I get it now lol

bored of sc

HSC
Pretty average. PDHPE did work on nature of drugs, double english :( went through our assignment which is an in class essay due inone week and I haven't started :( maths started functions, religion I basically did nothing and music we did stuff on scales.

I wish I could knock over all my assignments this weekend but something tells that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)