2009ers: How was your school day? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
enough about me - how are you going in your subjects??
Alright man. Overall, it's going good for my subjects so far...but I have to push myself for the half yearly exams really hard. I don't think I've been studying much. And my first exam begins next Thursday (Physics) then Friday (Biology, Chemistry).

How are you going? :). 14/20 is decent man, the lowest I've received for English is 10/15, which was the average in the class, due to a lack of effort. I was pissed to the max. So don't worry about it ;)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
I wish i had smart friends like you. I swear, everybody in my grade is far below me, except for 2 girls. And if i ask a girl for study notes, i'm going to be destroyed by people accusing me of being in love or something absurd like that. I can't even study with the people at my school, theyre either too slow at understanding concepts, orelse they're a girl, and theres that gender barrier that isolates me from everybody else. I'm kinda all alone at my school, being NEAR the top of every subject, but still not being AT the top, and theres nobody available to help me get TO the top.
It's either you or your entire school is extremely frigid (in the colloquial sense).

negativerootof2

HSC
really good day, maths teacher gave us all chocolates and our tests back...I did pretty well, compared to the rest of the class, and by my own (pretty high) standards too...so I'm pretty happy about that! and I learnt that I got first in ext 1 (out of year 12...am the only person accelerating) which made my day! and my chem teacher hinted that my chem assignment was good too! so assessment wise, I had a great day
normal-life wise, I started reading a great book today which always makes me happy
I love my life XD

backrowcentre

HSC
Okay, I walk into business and the teacher hands me back my test, I get 36% I have bad day.

p.s Business was first period for me:cold:

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
Alright man. Overall, it's going good for my subjects so far...but I have to push myself for the half yearly exams really hard. I don't think I've been studying much. And my first exam begins next Thursday (Physics) then Friday (Biology, Chemistry).

How are you going? :). 14/20 is decent man, the lowest I've received for English is 10/15, which was the average in the class, due to a lack of effort. I was pissed to the max. So don't worry about it ;)
I am doing well in everything :) except english :(

Religion I got the only 100% in the grade for an essay :) but I spent like 7 days straight on it so I deserved it

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
I am doing well in everything :) except english :(

Religion I got the only 100% in the grade for an essay :) but I spent like 7 days straight on it so I deserved it
Good effort and what were you tested on???

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wake up at 5. :p
Not because I want to (unlike the crazy you :p), but because my mother wakes up at around 4.30, and I'm a light sleeper, so I wake up when she starts walking around the house, running on the treadmill etc.

HSC
Aerath said:
I wake up at 5. :p
Not because I want to (unlike the crazy you :p), but because my mother wakes up at around 4.30, and I'm a light sleeper, so I wake up when she starts walking around the house, running on the treadmill etc.
Oh dang. What time do you go to sleep?

p.s. today was cool, i loveee fridays. Cooked first two periods, maths next (YAY.), and ancient last. pretty cool.

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
Good effort and what were you tested on???
how the four characteristics of one religious tradition interact to create a dynmaic, living religion - because we got the question in advance i wrote out practise essays so many times before i went in to the actual exam and then it was easy as 1, 2, 3 :)

too bad i did this didn't put enough effort into english essay - a critical analysis and ended up getting a mediocre mark and rank - oh well !!

deliberately

HSC
today. well.

biology half yearly from 8.40-10.40am... it was like 10% of my hsc mark... i started studying at about midnight... and the only thing i didn't cover in communication (neurones) had like five fcking questions on it. trust THE ONE THING... lame lame lame. i answered about 52/65 marks.... so on my calculations, if i get every single thing right, which of course i won't, the highest i can get is 78%. sewww i think i'll be dropping that soon.

then ancient which was boring... then english which was even worse... got my first assessment back - 17/20 so i'm pretty stoked considering i was positive i'd stuffed it up. next one is on monday. now that, i will be ecstatic if i get over 15.

then i had work. and now i'm at home. god it's cold.

and wow well done bored_of_sc. what a pro!

bored of sc

HSC
thanks for the compliments :D and i am sure all you guys are going just as well too (probably better but you just want to take the attention away from yourselves ;) )

anyway - my day = very good at some points but other than that, the usual

reader writer for year 12 mid course exams - for 2 hour english paper :vcross: so boring - i read the exam paper - it was the common standard/advanced one - it was pretty straight forward - short anwsers on travel description, pictures of planes and horse and carts and an abstract story by tim winton entitled dirt music; part 2 required you to write a composition of your choosing incorporating a choosen theme from the list and keeping the concept of journey very much present throughout ; and then the final question was an essay about how techniques are more important than the subject matter its not what you say but how you say it (which I think is in some cases, absolute rubbish) anyway that went for about a third of my day

period 4 - maths - hyperbola and limits etc - finished functions topic :D

period 5 - chemistry - finished chemical earth topic and started metals topic (meh!)

lunch - went into music rooms to finish compositions due next period

period 6 - did music viva voce - got cut off cause i had too much to say :(

period 7 - had a free period - I went into the music room and played drums in order to practise for a drum-part i am playing in the school's concert band - its pretty easy - if you know anything about music - just the normal stuff falling on the beat with occassional use of swing rhythms - i love drumming (although i am not very good)

got home from school - etc

went for a surf and tried out boards from the local surf shop - so fun - rode a fish board (so fun) so you could do slides and get speed so easily on it :D

got home from surfing

went on this for a while

sorry about the life story - oh well

deliberately

HSC
spent bio freaking out about english, trying to console a friend who was having what would appear to have been a slight breakdown, then spent ancient memorising the intro to my english essay assessment, then had to run assembly with another friend because the prefects are all sitting half yearlies (remembered to keep my legs crossed on stage which is insanely comforting), had the english assessment which i'm positive i failed, then just sat in the quad during my free, and then went to modern where i failed a pop quiz on the romanovs/the revolutionary era, which is terribly humiliating considering my heritage is russian. but its okay cuz the whole class failed too. our teacher was away for two weeks, as if she expected us to do any work... hahaha.

tomorrow is looking like it'll be far less stressful =]

bored of sc

HSC
Good again

Maths - studied for extension test tomorrow

English - did poetry paraphrasing and visual representations

Chemistry - did metals stuff

Free - um, maths study more!

Music - listened to more vivas

Religion - something about Judaism origins and Moses :( sleeping pills needed here

PDHPE - something above average like sex-ed; actually it was sex ed :)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Meh, I'm stressing too heavily about this massive pile of homework I'm starting to build up.

At the moment I have to do a one page review on someone elses extension english speech and presentation (due tomorrow, well today because its 12).
An english essay that is due in two days (I have half a page) and also I have mock trial (I dont know if anyone else know what that is, its an extra curricular thing, to do with law) in 2 days and I have to type out 4 pages of solicitor notes.
And on top of that I have exams starting on thursday!!!
Stressful much..

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Sarah182 said:
Meh, I'm stressing too heavily about this massive pile of homework I'm starting to build up.

At the moment I have to do a one page review on someone elses extension english speech and presentation (due tomorrow, well today because its 12).
An english essay that is due in two days (I have half a page) and also I have mock trial (I dont know if anyone else know what that is, its an extra curricular thing, to do with law) in 2 days and I have to type out 4 pages of solicitor notes.
And on top of that I have exams starting on thursday!!!
Stressful much..
My exams start on Thursday as well and I have a English task to write in class tomorrow. Then I have LOADS of maths homework. After the english task, I'm going to try and memorise all of my biology organelles in one day :S.

Good luck Sarah.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Razizi said:
My exams start on Thursday as well and I have a English task to write in class tomorrow. Then I have LOADS of maths homework. After the english task, I'm going to try and memorise all of my biology organelles in one day :S.

Good luck Sarah.
Thanks,
I need to memorise the organelles aswell! I can do that but i tend to forget specifically what each different one does. ;) hope you do well in your exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)