2010 new student to ANU. Can anyone pls help? (1 Viewer)

amandaWill

HSC
I recently found out I've received an offer to study BA Visual art at ANU. I come from Sweden and 've been living and studying in Sydney for 2 years. I'm now very anxious because I know nothing about Canberra, I have a home in Sydney but I don't know where to live in Canberra...

Can anyone recommend any accommodation? (close to uni, cheap but nice single room/ studio)

Should I enrol now? Can I change subject? (I've applied BA Design art but they give me BA Visual art) I might want to change it...

Is O week complusory?

Are there anything important that I need to know? :apig:

eb590

HSC
Hi amanda,
If you go to the ANU website there is a booklet telling you how to enrol, have a look at this link: ANU - Enrolment - Student Administration Services (SAS)

You enrol based on your last name - they allocate a day, Or if you can't make it you can enrol during O-week (Monday 15th Feb)

I'm not sure about changing subjects this year, you can apply to transfer in semester 2 or next year - probably best to ring ANU or to talk in person at enrolment - they do it on a case by case basis as everyone is different.

O week is not compulsory, but is probably a good idea so that you get to know more about ANU and meet new people.

Have you applied for accommodation at UniLodge? If not there may still be places, otherwise your best bet is to look at the accommodation section of the website.

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)