2011 trial uploads!!! (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
ffuu stupid english departments :L
our school didn't give us the papers back but even then it was just the 2010 CSSA trials
Whats the go with uploading trials like economics where I have written my answers were the lines are? Do I edit it with paint or something hahaha or do I just leave my answers there

HSC
Uni Grad
Whats the go with uploading trials like economics where I have written my answers were the lines are? Do I edit it with paint or something hahaha or do I just leave my answers there
edit with paint or you could get a completely brand new copy from the school and scan that instead :p

michaeljennings

HSC
urghhhhhhhh alright well its too late to get a brand new copy from school so if i can be bothered editting with paint ill post up eco, threw out my physics one so the only one left is pdhpe but no one seems to need that

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Please do not upload or transfer/trade copyrighted material. The reason we do not allow it to be posted is because it is illegal to distribute. We request that you keep that fact in mind.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I'll be putting up Modern History, Economics, English and maybe Business Studies (if I can find that paper) tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Edit: Not english, I don't have the question booklet

Last edited:

khfreakau

HSC
urghhhhhhhh alright well its too late to get a brand new copy from school so if i can be bothered editting with paint ill post up eco, threw out my physics one so the only one left is pdhpe but no one seems to need that
LOL our multiple choice was just independent... lazy eco dept haha.

Also @ whoever asked for our english: paper 1 was independent cos lazy dept as well. minus the creative, which they probs got from somewhere else too.
paper 2: mod b was also independent, other two i think were actually written lol.

oh yeah and our phys exam is just a compilation of cssa/neap/independent/examchoice from the last few years, don't bother asking for it, even lazier dept LOL.

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL our multiple choice was just independent... lazy eco dept haha.

Also @ whoever asked for our english: paper 1 was independent cos lazy dept as well. minus the creative, which they probs got from somewhere else too.
paper 2: mod b was also independent, other two i think were actually written lol.

oh yeah and our phys exam is just a compilation of cssa/neap/independent/examchoice from the last few years, don't bother asking for it, even lazier dept LOL.
if you thought your department was lazy, look at our english department, they used last years CSSA 2010 english trials and thus never bought them. students from our school knew this so on the day before paper 2, students released the questions to the students, then they preplanned essays and then the avg marks were so freaken high - 15-16s/20 (normally it would be around 12)
when a student's parents contacted the school, the HT and the deputy were running around in circles about what to do :L

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
You raise a good point about lazy departments copying and pasting from commercial papers. Not withstanding copyright issues, I believe this is another reason why we should NOT put these papers on the net.

It's much better if schools write their own papers.

If your teachers aren't good enough to write a paper, they shouldn't be teaching you.

Last edited:

NSWTutors

HSC
If your teachers aren't good enough to write a paper, they shouldn't be teaching you.
Writing an exam paper is not an easy task.
Teachers have it tough these days with the internet where sharing is so widespread.
It is not usually the teacher's fault, but often an error in the system itself which leads to these kind of problems
e.g. Schools not giving the teachers enough time to write a proper exam

khfreakau

HSC
You raise a good point about lazy departments copying and pasting from commercial papers. Not withstanding copyright issues, I believe this is another reason we should NOT put these papers on the net.

It's much better if schools write their own papers.

for content based subjects this is definitely true.

i think maths is a bit of an exception though, because it is VERY difficult to write good maths questions without referring to other exams. but then again to be fair, there are so many maths papers compared to other subjects that it becomes a matter of just choosing a random one to get questions from, for some teachers. our 4u half yearly had a question from 2001 syd grammar's trial, and noone had come across it before, since noone was bothered doing trials at the time. so at times it is definitely a lifesaver for maths teachers, but they should definitely try to make it difficult to pick up where the questions have come from.

to say the least, at least hsc papers are always different.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Writing an exam paper is not an easy task.
Well imagine if all schools in a system had to sit one particular commercial paper (one that cannot be distributed online).

Then there would be 0 papers on the net to study from. Is that what we want? I think in a thread like this, you've really come to the wrong place if you want to be an advocate for the commercial papers.

The commercial papers really only serve the financial interests of companies who write them.

Last edited:

khfreakau

HSC
Well imagine if all schools in a system had to sit one particular commercial paper (one that cannot be distributed online).

Then there would be 0 papers on the net to study from. Is that what we want? I think in a thread like this, you've really come to the wrong place if you want to be an advocate of the commercial papers.

The commercial papers really only serves the financial interests of companies who write them.
oh i was simply referring to teachers who don't write their own papers in my post, should have made that clear.

either way, what you said is true. most schools give out commercial trials to their students.... (i know my eco dept doesn't, cos, you know, lazy haha)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Yes. I know. Lazy. Haha.

And this laziness is only exacerbated by the existence of commercial papers.

They should be banned (and I don't just mean from the net). Schools should not be ALLOWED to set them as assessment tasks.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Okay, I have a whole bunch of .png files. How do I do this best for people?
Can I put them all into a pdf easily or..?

Edit: Ugh, I'll figure this out later once I get back from work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)