2012 CSSA Maths 2U (1 Viewer)

micwes12

HSC
nah you don't use the discriminant for that one, I hated that question! spent about 20 minutes trying to remember how to solve it! and I still don't think I got it right :(

Frostkruncher

The Boss
HSC
our Catholic paper did not have a discriminant at ALL, and it was unedited

Kostie100

HSC
Yeah same... they should have put one in, and took out that quadratic identities or probability

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Who knows the answer to the question about the tide - increasing or decreasing after 8 seconds?

micwes12

HSC
yeah that quadratic identities question was horrible. Sorry maybe I was recalling the discriminant question from a past practice paper I was doing or something :) Question 16 was actually slightly easier than I expected....i could at least do some of it! One of my 3U friends reckons one of the concepts was a three unit concept....anyone else heard that?

Roy216

HSC
yeah that quadratic identities question was horrible. Sorry maybe I was recalling the discriminant question from a past practice paper I was doing or something :) Question 16 was actually slightly easier than I expected....i could at least do some of it! One of my 3U friends reckons one of the concepts was a three unit concept....anyone else heard that?
I remember someone coming out the exam and talking about question 16 mentioning they used some extension trig identities to answer it

micwes12

HSC
I remember someone coming out the exam and talking about question 16 mentioning they used some extension trig identities to answer it
Yeah that's what my friend said too! Oh well, us 2U people aren't supposed to finish the paper anyway I suppose...just feels a little unfair sometimes.

2xL

HSC
.............................wow. 98.

Roy216

HSC
Yeah that's what my friend said too! Oh well, us 2U people aren't supposed to finish the paper anyway I suppose...just feels a little unfair sometimes.
It was a year 11 extension concept which i did -_- i should probably study some extension before the hsc. Yeah it does seem unfair to do that, there's a reason i dropped extension

Kostie100

HSC
Well im expecting around 75+ raw. Im in year 11 doing the year 12 hsc for maths now (accelerated). Is that a good start. Do you think i am heading for a band 6 in 2013 when i redo it?

iBibah

HSC
Well im expecting around 75+ raw. Im in year 11 doing the year 12 hsc for maths now (accelerated). Is that a good start. Do you think i am heading for a band 6 in 2013 when i redo it?
It's not too bad, but everything depends more on rank.

iBibah

HSC
Nope 2U people are more than capable of doing the exam. They didn't use extension identities, rather they used 2U stuff to prove a 3U identity, then after it was proved, it was used to answer a question in which you were given the answer. (i.e a 'show' question)

I used to think the same thing but its not right, every question is within the syllabus.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Nope 2U people are more than capable of doing the exam. They didn't use extension identities, rather they used 2U stuff to prove a 3U identity, then after it was proved, it was used to answer a question in which you were given the answer. (i.e a 'show' question)

I used to think the same thing but its not right, every question is within the syllabus.
The last question was very easy anyway, you didnt need to be a spectacular student to get it, they pretty much walked you through the whole process of the proof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)