2012 HSC Geography Exam Predictions Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Feel free to post your predictions on what questions will be asked on the Geography Exam for this year.

lani22

HSC
hoping for a megacities extended response as well, there hasn't been one since 2006 I think

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
what case studies are you doing for ecosystems??
Intertidal wetlands & coastal dunes, you?

The syllabus says we need "a case study of 1 of the urban dynamics operating in a country town or suburb" - does this mean they cant ask for 2 in an extendo response?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon another essay will be based on a local economic enterprise

B3A13

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, and because it was in my trial which makes me think it will be similar to the hsc. (not betting on it though)
There is not that much to learn for it.
I'd be happy if it was. :)

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
Megacities on its own hasn't come up since 2003, combined with the fact that world cities has come up in 2 of the past 3 years, it's looking good. So I'd say definitely not world cities, 75% megacities and maybe 20% something like "Explain the relationships between the urban dynamics and the changing economic character of a large city in the developed world", because they've basically asked the same urban dynamics questions over and over.

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
Megacities on its own hasn't come up since 2003, combined with the fact that world cities has come up in 2 of the past 3 years, it's looking good. So I'd say definitely not world cities, 75% megacities and maybe 20% something like "Explain the relationships between the urban dynamics and the changing economic character of a large city in the developed world", because they've basically asked the same urban dynamics questions over and over.
Biophysical interactions hasnt come up since 02 either

What would you mention for the "relationship between urban dynamics & the changing economic character"?

tarce94

HSC
I was just wondering for the extended responses did your teacher tell you to draw brief maps of case studies and diagrams of certain things for example a coral polyp or a push flush toilet?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't draw such diagrams in an essay [unless you are literally out of time with 5 minutes left and have not written anything for the essay etc].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)