2012 HSC Geography Exam Predictions Thread (1 Viewer)

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering for the extended responses did your teacher tell you to draw brief maps of case studies and diagrams of certain things for example a coral polyp or a push flush toilet?
Only draw something that is really relevant to the question, such as

The Nature, spatial distribution of winemaking - Draw a mini atlas & highlight the areas of winemaking

Biophysical interactions in ecosystems - Draw a diagram of the accretion cycle, sand getting transported by waves then wind

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
What would you mention for the "relationship between urban dynamics & the changing economic character"?
Well, for Sydney as an example you would write about how urban decay in harbourside suburbs such as Pyrmont has come about due to less imports/exports by sea, or how a growing demand for inner-city jobs due to growing economic enterprises in the area has resulted in urban consolidation, etc.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
You must complete 2 essays but you get a choice of 3

doggykit

HSC
Does anyone have a good place to learn skills with examples from a map? Tried doing it and its too hard...

TomHSC2012

HSC
Everyone got their sketch maps ready for tomorrow's extended response? On the topic of extended responses we do have to answer all 3 right?

krispykareem

HSC
N/A
Guys for the extended responses do they give one question for each topic and we can pick two of the topics or can they give us two questions on the same topic with another one from a different topic?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys for the extended responses do they give one question for each topic and we can pick two of the topics or can they give us two questions on the same topic with another one from a different topic?
They typically include an extended response from each topic.

Also, the syllabus was different 2-3 years ago, hence why they had to answer 3 extended responses (they only had 15 mc as well).

tarce94

HSC
If it says use atleast one case study, for the ecosystems at risk question. Do you think that I should use one or two because I have learnt two.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If it says use atleast one case study, for the ecosystems at risk question. Do you think that I should use one or two because I have learnt two.
If you think it will make your argument stronger, go for it.

tarce94

HSC
If you think it will make your argument stronger, go for it.
Thanks, I guess im just going to have to wait and see what the question asksss. So nervous/excited, I hope its good:)

Neptunes

HSC
For urban places extended response its been world cities then large cities pretty much back and forth. But in 2003 it was mega cities and 2006 with mega cities contrast with world cities, 2007 and 2010 were exactly the same question on a country town or suburb. I really don't know what BOS have planned, I hope the questions are kind.

tarce94

HSC
For urban places extended response its been world cities then large cities pretty much back and forth. But in 2003 it was mega cities and 2006 with mega cities contrast with world cities, 2007 and 2010 were exactly the same question on a country town or suburb. I really don't know what BOS have planned, I hope the questions are kind.
Yes it is pretty much impossible to know what the question will be on. But im hoping mega cities and a nice question for ecosystems. If its not on mega cities ill probably choose the economic activity question.

tarce94

HSC
Does anyone have a good place to learn skills with examples from a map? Tried doing it and its too hard...
Board of studies online multiple choice is pretty good, well the best way I have found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)