2012 HSC predictions for Pompeii and Herculaneum? (1 Viewer)

tahliadeep

HSC
As would I! ^

I'll give my own predictions for the sections I'm doing though in the meantime.

Section II - Sparta
I think they'll most certainly ask about the helots or perioikoi or possibly even both in the one question. They've done a 12 marker on the perioikoi before and considering they've not had either in the last couple of papers it's a pretty strong possibility it will be in there somewhere. I'm also confident the roles of women will come into play and quite possibly a nominated political area, ie gerousia, ephorate or ekklesia; last year they asked about the syssitia if I remember correctly.

Section III - Pericles
I have a feeling the 15 marker might be about the modern and ancient interpretations of Pericles, they haven't asked that since 2004 I believe? If not, his contributions to the 'golden age' or Athenian democracy look good. For the 10 marker though...definitely not the building program, they had that last year. I'm thinking the good old 'early career' or 'rise to prominence' will be asked.

Section IV - Greek World 500-440BC
I'm so so certain they will nominate an individual...any combination of Themistocles, Miltiades, Leonidas or perhaps even Themistocles on his own. I'm a little worried they'll ask for "the impact of the Persian Wars on Sparta" because that came up once and god can only hope they learnt their lesson. I've been warned that they could have 2 questions relating to the Delian League/time after the wars, simply because an alarming number of students don't select that option. That would SUCK. I know shit all about anything after 479 haha.

Anyway...that's that.
Last year they specifically asked on the ekklesia ..

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
Ah true that! Not sure what I was thinking...perhaps a 12-15 marker on how Sparta was governed?

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
For Sparta they will ask to Describe the Role of the Army and its importance for 5 or 8 marks. And the last one will be women in Sparta with a source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)