2013 CSSA Mathematics Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

coyney

HSC
How did everyone find it?
I thought it it was ok except question 16 was a pain.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I screwed up most probability questions.
And the last two questions were a hot mess of random working out.

Other than that, I'd say "ok."

dunjaaa

HSC
The 2 mark probability, forgot the BH, BB, HB scenario, the clock chiming question I did 24 hrs instead of 12 and the question which asked for what values of y does this series not have an infinite sum. The play on words for the series questions screwed me as for a series to not have a infinite sum, means it has a limiting sum =( Sitting on 96/97

Hypem

HSC
It was fine at the start, but by the end it became very difficult.
Hoping for at least 80-82% (band 6 aligned)

Did anyone find it was harder than past papers? I think 8 marks allocated to the last question (c) was too much

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It was fine at the start, but by the end it became very difficult.
Hoping for at least 80-82% (band 6 aligned)

Did anyone find it was harder than past papers? I think 8 marks allocated to the last question (c) was too much
The last question is always hard. I didn't even understand it.

The 2 mark probability, forgot the BH, BB, HB scenario, the clock chiming question I did 24 hrs instead of 12 and the question which asked for what values of y does this series not have an infinite sum. The play on words for the series questions screwed me as for a series to not have a infinite sum, means it has a limiting sum =( Sitting on 96/97
Wait, the clock chiming wasn't a series question? OMG?

And yeah that Y value one was uh... yeah no...

dunjaaa

HSC
The thing about the chiming question, was the question specified a grandfather clock which obviously is not digital. And I did the sum from 1-24 rather then 2 x sum from 1-12

dunjaaa

HSC
Just hoping to nail the extension 1 exam on friday

lolwot

HSC
The area of the triangle one I got like 1/6 marks... I'm so dumb...

dunjaaa

HSC
The last question all you were required to do was sub the value of pi/12 into the derivative of the area in respect the theta and test to show that it gives maximum, or you could use 3u trig double angle identities but imo for a 2u exam last question, it was pretty tricky indeed especially part 1

dunjaaa

HSC
For the rectangle subtended inside a inside the triangle, you had to use similar triangles, was very tricky, at least stared at it for a good 10 minutes

HSC
what the f...i won't even begin to speak about the last question. Worked backwards and pretended i knew how they got to the answer.

iBibah

HSC
what the f...i won't even begin to speak about the last question. Worked backwards and pretended i knew how they got to the answer.
>says she won't speak about the last question

>speaks about last question

iBibah

HSC
I had a quick geez the last question and it looked quite interesting.

uewiuygiuwe

HSC
Hi Danny

SharkeyBoy

HSC
That question with the button that were either heart-shaped or had silver sparkles or both,
for the last part where is said: What is the probability of having exactly heart-shaped buttons - Were you supposed to calculate both 'heart-shaped' exclusive + the 'both' buttons? I did the probability of both. Is that right?
And I got the last question!! :D hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)