2013 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Okashi

HSC
So people are unhappy that Abbott is taxing big business? Note that this levy doesn't apply to small business. Yeah doesn't fit the leftist stereotype of liberals only protecting the rich does it?

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Labor Primary Vote 29% - they lost 7% after that blue tie speech
2 PP 57% libs, 43% labor

gonna be a wipe out

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Gillard cynically used gender for her own political advantage and it blew up in her face. It's satisfying such divisive politics have been so thoroughly rejected.

Great work McTernan.

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
the problem for them is if they replace her, it could well backfire and ive got my money on it that it would. But they are getting desperate so I reckon Rudd wont contest but Shorten will have a crack.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I bet that kevin wants to see her crowd back into a little corner and watch her lose. He could have contended for the leadership, but he didn't, furthermore he also has the support of other members.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I was thinking the same thing Rafy. Gillard is so incompetent she never should have been supported by her party in the first place. I'd even go as far as to say she is more incompetent as a leader than Mark Latham was.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Gillard cynically used gender for her own political advantage and it blew up in her face. It's satisfying such divisive politics have been so thoroughly rejected.

Great work McTernan.
I see it differently. If indeed the shift in polling is due to men changing votes it shows just how sexist this country is a d completely vindicates Gillard.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I was thinking the same thing Rafy. Gillard is so incompetent she never should have been supported by her party in the first place. I'd even go as far as to say she is more incompetent as a leader than Mark Latham was.
Wrong again m8

Garygaz

HSC
well come on, you've got to admit it is at least slightly amusing - i mean yes, in abbott's private world it's clear he holds mens' position in society above womens', but to present the labour party as a bastion of hope for women and the liberal party as a bunch of sexist guys from the 1900s is just ridiculous. as much as i personally don't like the funding of it, the liberals policies are actually MORE generous to women (in terms of maternity leave) than labour. i think she thought she could pull off another misogynist monologue and didn't think it through.

she's trying really hard to get a certain group to rally behind labour, a couple months ago it was low income earners and now its women, but she seems to polarize the other side of the spectrum in attempting to do so.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I see it differently. If indeed the shift in polling is due to men changing votes it shows just how sexist this country is a d completely vindicates Gillard.
It is possible, although what did she expect. If Abbott comes put this week and says all women belong in the kitchen then I would also expect to see support for him from women drop.

Wrong again m8
If you think I am wrong then it confirms in my mind that I am correct. No offense intended townie although your advice/opinions are shit.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
well come on, you've got to admit it is at least slightly amusing - i mean yes, in abbott's private world it's clear he holds mens' position in society above womens', but to present the labour party as a bastion of hope for women and the liberal party as a bunch of sexist guys from the 1900s is just ridiculous. as much as i personally don't like the funding of it, the liberals policies are actually MORE generous to women (in terms of maternity leave) than labour. i think she thought she could pull off another misogynist monologue and didn't think it through.

she's trying really hard to get a certain group to rally behind labour, a couple months ago it was low income earners and now its women, but she seems to polarize the other side of the spectrum in attempting to do so.
How is she trying to get the low earners vote in recent times? She has been putting them off side instead by cutting welfare.

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
you're kidding right?

Shes a total misandrist and men can see that. She doesnt care about women: "It is understandable that Australia's first female Prime Minister wants to make women's issues a focus of her government, but her words would have greater authority if she had not supported a man for Speaker who had sent text messages describing women in vulgar terms. Or if she hadn't invited a serial sexist FM disc jockey to Kirribilli House or appear on his radio program. Or if she had drawn a line earlier about Labor MP Craig Thomson using a union credit card at brothels, as Fair Work found. Or if she wasn't reducing the income of single mothers by forcing them on to Newstart. Or if she had supported women to replace outgoing Labor MPs Nicola Roxon in Gellibrand and Martin Ferguson in Batman. Or if she was not so dependent on a male coterie of union and faction bosses to support her leadership" the australian editorial

I think this is enough evidence. She cares about one person, and thats herself. Quite frankly Rudds the same when it comes to thinking about oneself

Garygaz

HSC
How is she trying to get the low earners vote in recent times? She has been putting them off side instead by cutting welfare.
believe it was to do with super contributions which liberals will be taxing for low income earners, education grants (targets public schools) and pushing hard that the liberals would probably introduce a hike on the gst if they were going to remove other sources of revenue like the carbon/mining tax. gst hits those who spend a larger portion of their income harder (the poor). there was also that speech she gave at the AWU a couple months back which almost sounded like a call to mobilize the unions.

Lentern

HSC

Pretty much correct. When she emerged as PM three years ago I said she was a polarizing politician. Ideologically she's closer to the middle than Rudd or Beazley but her hamfisted style of politics means she polarizes the field and sends moderate voters scurrying off to the coalition. She's never really gotten that sometimes less is more.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

Great work McTernan.
Based on this it hasn't really been entirely rejected though because women actually polled higher after it. There seems to be a net loss because more men were upset by it than women being empowered by it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this it hasn't really been entirely rejected though because women actually polled higher after it. There seems to be a net loss because more men were upset by it than women being empowered by it.
This is a much more articulate way of saying what I was driving at.

If the "gender wars" had been rejected you would expect to see the female vote drop as well

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Movement statistically insignificant. Females have displayed at best complete indifference. They did not buy into what the PM was trying to do.

She tried to recapture the moment of that misogyny speech and failed.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Movement statistically insignificant. Females have displayed at best complete indifference. They did not buy into what the PM was trying to do.

only the internet and american media really did the "you go girl!" praise on the misogyny speech. i just found it ironic that a member of her party was known to use union credit cards to go to brothel and she didnt give him shit for it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

It's completely predictable. I was thinking before this poll result, the whole basis of Howards politic was that he made people feel good about themselves. He was extremely anti-white guilt, any kind of guilt he wouldn't have a bar of it. His discourse was for middle Australia to be proud, of everything. People loved that he wouldn't say sorry and didn't give a shit. Gillard has done the anti-Howard. You can't criticise Australian culture or history if you're the prime minister or you're fucked.

Obviously Abbott being a cunt is the thing that comes up in Labor polling all the time and that's the target, but that demographic is already won, for such a strategy driven politician it's an unbelievable gaffe.

Garygaz

HSC
yeh, i generally agree. if rudd gets back in the race at this point, at least it'll make reading the news cycle for the next couple months a bit more fun. i can see it now, the character assassination ads running from both labour and the libs, one demonisizing abbott as a mysognisitic, cold asshole and the other portraying rudd as a megalomaniac who will get power at any cost. oh who should be bestowed the honour of leading this great nation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)