• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor's gone fully negative in their TV advertising and started bombarding marginal seats with negative attack flyers.

So much for 'A New way' and wanting the 'old politics of negativity to be dead and buried'.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...es-tv-attack-ads/story-fnho52ip-1226697358571

(The Federal government does not employ any nurses or teachers)
The Federal Labor governmentt gives funding to health and education to the State Government. All of which could be put at risk by an incoming Coalition Government. Don't risk Tony Abbott with our future. If you want a prosperous, safe and secure future vote Labor.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I've started to look for 3 year stints overseas already
Is your experience transferable outside of the Australian government though?

The Liberals are going to have more than one term in office as well. Look at Howard, he had 4.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Sex appeal comment certainly didn't hurt Fiona Scott.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/15/western-sydney-poll-swing-coalition

Also marginal seat polling in Robertson and Dobell.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ts-key-marginals/story-fn9qr68y-1226698083256

These are massive swings. Queensland is also starting to swing strongly back to the coalition. Remember the Coalition only needs a net gain of 1 seat to win a majority and government.
Dobell was always going to have a big swing against Labor due to the Craig Thompson affair.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is your experience transferable outside of the Australian government though?

The Liberals are going to have more than one term in office as well. Look at Howard, he had 4.
I'm more qualified than you mate.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Rudd was always going to lose, I do feel sorry for him however.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd was always going to lose, I do feel sorry for him however.
yeah i feel sorry for him too, but i still can't believe people are saying liberal over labor. If they win our education will be flushed down the toilet.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Risky to test appetite for elections. Source: AFR
Australians don't like elections and it's perfectly understandable that they don't. We have too many of them. The term of the federal government is far too short, which means a government hardly settled into office before it's getting ready for the next election. And the curse of our founding fathers imposing three levels of government- federal, state and local means election campaigns are a constant feature of our lives. No democratic country is over electioned than Australia. Australia has a constant election preoccupation.

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
ALP predicted to lose 10 seats: Richardson. Source: The Aust.
Graham Richardson, former Labor powerbroker says "at the start of this long march, my view was that Labor would lose 10 seats. That view is looking optimistic. If some fire and energy from the Rudd campaign does not manifest itself immediately, it will be little consolation for Rudd to claim that he lost 20 seats when Gillard would have lost 40 seats".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)