Uni Grad
petroleum engineering

i got the offer since 21/12/12 since im an international student :D

anyone get the same offer ????

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Is it only me that doesnt know how all this Uni stuff works!? :S

How are we supposed to know what classes/tutorials to choose or how to timetable and stuff.? :S

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to read the UNSW handbook for your course thoroughly.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
How many lectures, tutes and labs do you enrol in? Per subject that is.

Also, for BABS1201, it has 2 lecture sequences. What does this mean?

D94

HSC
N/A
How many lectures, tutes and labs do you enrol in? Per subject that is.

Also, for BABS1201, it has 2 lecture sequences. What does this mean?
It will depend on the subject. Every subject differs.

For BABS1201, they have 4 options listed. You choose two lectures from the 4. One is from the 2 listed "Lecture Sequence 1 of 2" and the other is from the 2 listed "Lecture Sequence 2 of 2".

halapenyo

HSC
Is it only me that doesnt know how all this Uni stuff works!? :S

How are we supposed to know what classes/tutorials to choose or how to timetable and stuff.? :S
have you gone onto myunsw yet? they pretty much walk you step by step through the whole process.

so all you will need is to know what core subjects you need to do at the start of your degree.

HSC
N/A
You need to read the UNSW handbook for your course thoroughly.
According to the handbook rules, I need 24uoc of stage I science subjects before i can progress to stage II, but a psych major consists of only 12UOC of stage I subjects. Do you reckon they'd make me do the free electives from stage I subjects now? or would i be able to progress to stage 2 psych and do the stage I subjects later?

Also, I was looking at the lectures and tutes myself, and I can put most of it on 2 very full todays and 2 very empty days (one lecture a day). Looks like i'll only be skipping 2 lectures a week if I get this timetable.

Is it a bad idea to skip psych lectures though? Are they really useful?

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay good :) That's what I thought, so I was just clarifying :) Thanks

And for other courses, unless stated, it's only one lecture/tute/lab a week right?

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
have you gone onto myunsw yet? they pretty much walk you step by step through the whole process.

so all you will need is to know what core subjects you need to do at the start of your degree.

Bu im not really sure what part of the website to use... :S I went onto the 'stream information' in the handbook and it says you choose, e.g. between MATH1131 and MATH1141 ... but i have no idea which one is more useful/why you would choose one over the other or anything like that.. :S

halapenyo

HSC
Bu im not really sure what part of the website to use... :S I went onto the 'stream information' in the handbook and it says you choose, e.g. between MATH1131 and MATH1141 ... but i have no idea which one is more useful/why you would choose one over the other or anything like that.. :S
you should do math1141 with those kind of maths marks.

1141 is more advanced then 1131. like they cover the same topics but 1141 goes more in depth into certain topics.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad

1141 is more advanced then 1131. like they cover the same topics but 1141 goes more in depth into certain topics.
I thought that 1141 is stats and 1131 is more algebra type math...

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A

But is the harder one of any real benefit? Like why choose the harder subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)