2014 Autumn Semester Timetable (UTS) (1 Viewer)

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
6.5 years :p

I'm doing it part-time initially because I have outside commitments and I'm unsure how I would handle full time with them.

Other major reasons is to see how I cope with regular travel into the city (I have a minor medical problem (IBS) that is badly affected by peak hour public transport - speaking from experience).

I figure after a semester or two I can re-evaluate and transfer into full-time, straight or perhaps combined with something like social inquiry or medical science.

Last edited:

ayecee

HSC
Hi All! First year, B Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, DipEngPrac!!
isWmMvL.png
(Does it look right to you guys?)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
6.5 years :p

I'm doing it part-time initially because I have outside commitments and I'm unsure how I would handle full time with them.

Other major reasons is to see how I cope with regular travel into the city (I have a minor medical problem (IBS) that is badly affected by peak hour public transport - speaking from experience).

I figure after a semester or two I can re-evaluate and transfer into full-time, straight or perhaps combined with something like social inquiry or medical science.
Fair enough.

And after having a stomach bug that crippled me for 2 weeks during the HSC, IBS is hardly minor imo :haha:

zoidee

HSC
When do our timetables need to be completed? (First year student if that helps)

levelup888

HSC
full days, but at least you have 2 days off. Why you doing night classes? Have you done them before? I'm kinda skeptical because I'm not sure I'd want to walk to the station and ride the train home at 9pm.
Haven't done night classes before but I prefer have the 2 days off rather than going uni 5 times a week. And yeah people are worried. But for a girl it's not too dangerous anyways right?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't done night classes before but I prefer have the 2 days off rather than going uni 5 times a week. And yeah people are worried. But for a girl it's not too dangerous anyways right?
No.... Uts is a relatively safe place! .. It is near central station :)... (Unlike usyd which is near redfern ...)

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
No.... Uts is a relatively safe place! .. It is near central station :)... (Unlike usyd which is near redfern ...)
I trust UTS is safe, but not the pedestrian tunnel, central station and my train line :/

Edit: oh and USYD at least has a night shuttle between campus and the station...I don't think UTS has an equivalent, except the one that goes to the residential lots.

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
UTS has plenty of security guards around and no where you can be dragged into without being seen so you can trust it to be a secure place :) You can even ask the security guards to walk you to your car if you're worried.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
UTS has plenty of security guards around and no where you can be dragged into without being seen so you can trust it to be a secure place :) You can even ask the security guards to walk you to your car if you're worried.
Too bad they won't want to walk with me to the station LOL

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Just ignore them and walk on the other side ahahah.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
The walk to uts is scariest walk ever, drunks fill up the tunnel and it smells like drugs :/. Sometimes you see injection needles lying around , and some white powder on the ground.;;

*troll

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Alright we get it you're tough shit.

Drunks do fill up the tunnel though, and sometimes it gets filled with smoke when they get the genius idea to smoke in the tunnel.

I remember the time when it flooded (people were trying to edge along the side all James Bond style) and the drunks had no choice but to leave the tunnel. /homelessproblems

levelup888

HSC
ahahah pree confident about walking now at night if need be :) thanks, I'll sure dodge those drunks xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)