2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
Just had my adv eng assessment task today. I don't understand the girls who can write 4 pages in <30 minutes.

Ugh. Do you guys have any people in your class who are amazingly slow? This girl in my chemistry always gets below 20% and refuses to drop the subject...because she wants to drop another subject that she's decent at because it's 'boring.' Our teacher even hinted at her to drop it. *slams face against door* How big of an impact she be on us?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
omg, ikr. It's so deep and philosophical and urgh. Why do we even have to do Advanced English T_T omg HAHAHAHAHAHA, that is so true. This is why I both like and hate English.
Exams are next week T___T I can't remember anything. So. Much. Content. In. Eco. Dying. How are your exams? :(
Dude how?! Every time I feel myself getting more productive, I end up on BoS or something ahahaha. OMG JAPANESE COMMERCIALS. Actually the best part of YT (Y)
sigh idc about belonging anymore, 1000% over it :mad:
haha I just go through my assessment week (half alive)...just did 3 assessments. 2 to go. whewwww. I hope they went ok...but I always think I do really bad, so I don't really know. :( sighz. Good luck for next week!!!!
idk, like its all about self control!! just write a massive, massive list of stuff that needs to be done and get into the mindset of you need to do it and you end up doing it (I think, idk weird psychology)
nO JAPANESE GAME SHOWS BAHAHAHAHHAHA

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Just had my adv eng assessment task today. I don't understand the girls who can write 4 pages in <30 minutes.

Ugh. Do you guys have any people in your class who are amazingly slow? This girl in my chemistry always gets below 20% and refuses to drop the subject...because she wants to drop another subject that she's decent at because it's 'boring.' Our teacher even hinted at her to drop it. *slams face against door* How big of an impact she be on us?
She'll probably be counted as an outlier if she doesn't get her game up. Don't worry about them, focus on your own HSC and ace it yourself!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If there is a massive different whilst she's only getting less then 20% then it doesn't impact you ...

Looking at some exemplar responses from previous exams, have people writing 9-12 pages in 40/50 minutes o_O...
planning to use these holidays to practice writing more >_<

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Looking at some exemplar responses from previous exams, have people writing 9-12 pages in 40/50 minutes o_O...
planning to use these holidays to practice writing more >_<
OUCH... I'll be doing the same I think...

TSFX reckons that if you tape a few AA Batteries to the top of your pen when you are doing past papers etc., then you can strengthen the right hand muscles and save yourself from getting a sore hand... I guess that helps speed at the same time??

TheGreatWinston

HSC

TSFX reckons that if you tape a few AA Batteries to the top of your pen when you are doing past papers etc., then you can strengthen the right hand muscles and save yourself from getting a sore hand... I guess that helps speed at the same time??
serious?? have u tried it.? btw- i'm kinda new here - how do u get all ya subjects listed like u've got them?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

It doesn't , your hand feels weird if u try to write with the weight off...... Just try writing pages and pages.

Been there, done that.... Non effective.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Go to settings, at the top right, and edit signature, them put whatever you want in your sig
speaking of siggy, dat naruto and fate/zero quote (gilgamesh :DDDDD)

time for me to look for a deep anime quote

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

Don't recommend the batteries.....makes your handwriting turn ugly and your pen is weighted on one side and ugh, just general imbalance lol. Just practice writing faster if you want to do 9-12 pages for an essay. But you probably don't need that much to do well. 6-8 pages can do the trick as well :p

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah aiming for between 6-8 pages worth as I think 12 pages is a tad excessive

Wonder

HSC
Assessments over for the term! Yay! :D

And yeah the battery thing is really pointless, practising writing as you would during an exam also gives you a better estimate of how much you can write, and hence gives you better capacity to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)