2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

milkytea99

HSC
Haha it's being realistic, it will be good to have your major out of the way before trials! Are you nearly finished?
I'm only 55% done lol. Yeah, at least we don't have a heavy burden and I can focus more on the theory since my writing isn't that good lol.

Btw, the board of studies is coming in to our school to mark this year. I think it's called itinerant marking right? Does the 24 August deadline still apply if it's itinerant marking? And is your school sending the artworks to the marking centre or is board of studies coming to your school to mark as well?

StudyToDeath

HSC
I'm only 55% done lol. Yeah, at least we don't have a heavy burden and I can focus more on the theory since my writing isn't that good lol.

Btw, the board of studies is coming in to our school to mark this year. I think it's called itinerant marking right? Does the 24 August deadline still apply if it's itinerant marking? And is your school sending the artworks to the marking centre or is board of studies coming to your school to mark as well?
Someone needs to get cracking ;) I'm not sure what it's called but they rotate whether it gets marked at school or sent away each year. The deadline would still apply, no expetions sadly.Our work's are getting sent away, I fear it will get damage in transportation. That would be my worst nightmare.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Someone needs to get cracking ;) I'm not sure what it's called but they rotate whether it gets marked at school or sent away each year. The deadline would still apply, no expetions sadly.Our work's are getting sent away, I fear it will get damage in transportation. That would be my worst nightmare.
You can apply to take your work to the marking centre its at Homebush?

milkytea99

HSC
Yeah, that's one bad thing about sending away. Ours is marked at school so maybe our works will be set up in the hall lol

milkytea99

HSC
I feel like the rate at which this post is going, besides the number of ppl in my school doing year 12 VA, it's only study to death and moonshoes who are the other students doing VA in nsw.

StudyToDeath

HSC
a band 6 would be nice but theory is a killer.

There's about 15 people who do art at my school.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
I feel like the rate at which this post is going, besides the number of ppl in my school doing year 12 VA, it's only study to death and moonshoes who are the other students doing VA in nsw.
If there are only three artworks to mark maybe then the markers will be happy and give us all band 6s and big smile faces.

Also, Artexpress would turn into a BOS VArt Progress Page meet up :D

StudyToDeath

HSC
If there are only three artworks to mark maybe then the markers will be happy and give us all band 6s and big smile faces.

Also, Artexpress would turn into a BOS VArt Progress Page meet up :D
That would be a dream come true. Moonshoes, I would expect you to look like Hermione!

milkytea99

HSC
a band 6 would be nice but theory is a killer.

There's about 15 people who do art at my school.
Yeah, same here! There's around 12 people doing art in my school. A few of them dropped it by the end of year 11.

I got above 90% for art in my half yearly, but I'm not sure is it because my teacher is a lenient marker lol. Maybe we should have an art theory thread in BoS as well, just like this BOW thread to share our half yearly and trial papers and also our section 1 responses to see if we're right on track for band 6. What do you think?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, same here! There's around 12 people doing art in my school. A few of them dropped it by the end of year 11.

I got above 90% for art in my half yearly, but I'm not sure is it because my teacher is a lenient marker lol. Maybe we should have an art theory thread in BoS as well, just like this BOW thread to share our half yearly and trial papers and also our section 1 responses to see if we're right on track for band 6. What do you think?
Yeah you guys could practice short answers as well!
Or questions relating to art; i.e what period is the modernist era? Characteristics etc?

StudyToDeath

HSC

Only one person in my class got above 90% for the art half yearlies. I came in at second with 86%. I guess we won't know if our teachers are easy markers until we get our HSC results lol

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Only one person in my class got above 90% for the art half yearlies. I came in at second with 86%. I guess we won't know if our teachers are easy markers until we get our HSC results lol
Did you do both essays/short answers?

I'd probably focus on practising short answers(and handing them in to mark!) as they tend to be the area where people lose marks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)