2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

StudyToDeath

HSC
When are our majors coming back to school?
Has anyone got a notification for nomination for art express yet?

milkytea99

HSC
I think we know about nominations a few days before our HSC art exam. Cuz I doubt they have started marking our major work. I heard from my teacher that they mark it in mid October. I'm not sure is it true or not haha

Fiction

HSC
I heard from my teacher that they're changing it so we know nominations after our HSC art exam. Apparently this change was evoked by the realisation that art express nominations were going to affect students' HSC theory exam. E.g, if you were nominated, you might slack off on the final exam, if you weren't nominated, you might, similarly, lose motivation. (to do well in art)

Fiction

HSC
I think we know about nominations a few days before our HSC art exam. Cuz I doubt they have started marking our major work. I heard from my teacher that they mark it in mid October. I'm not sure is it true or not haha
Yup, I've heard the same; that they start marking it pretty late - compared to when we hand in the works.

milkytea99

HSC
Yup, I've heard the same; that they start marking it pretty late - compared to when we hand in the works.
I actually think it's unfair for us haha, cuz if they mark it in October, they should make our artwork due by end of September instead of August , so that we have more time to work on it haha

milkytea99

HSC
I heard from my teacher that they're changing it so we know nominations after our HSC art exam. Apparently this change was evoked by the realisation that art express nominations were going to affect students' HSC theory exam. E.g, if you were nominated, you might slack off on the final exam, if you weren't nominated, you might, similarly, lose motivation. (to do well in art)
Really? I didn't know that haha.

milkytea99

HSC
That'll be good haha, cuz I'm quite dissapointed with my work haha. It isn't as abstract and expressive as I wanted it to be in the end. I wanted to make it so abstract with multiple meanings, but some parts of it looks quite literal. :(

Fiction

HSC
I actually think it's unfair for us haha, cuz if they mark it in October, they should make our artwork due by end of September instead of August , so that we have more time to work on it haha
I guess they wanted us to focus on studying for the external exams :p I don't actually mind tbh, I think even if it were dued at the conclusion of T3, you probably will have a similar amount of students struggling to complete the task. An extension, personally, doesn't make me work any faster lol

That'll be good haha, cuz I'm quite dissapointed with my work haha. It isn't as abstract and expressive as I wanted it to be in the end. I wanted to make it so abstract with multiple meanings, but some parts of it looks quite literal. :(
I think it's good that some parts are literal though. Abstract can be too displaced; sometimes it's good to ground concepts. Your other interlinked ideas can then flow from your literal one (which audiences will get). Don't beat yourself up too much, you've been really passionate about art all year around :) I'm sure you'll do well.

Alternatively you can post it up and we make our own judgement...? :p //shot

milkytea99

HSC
I guess they wanted us to focus on studying for the external exams :p I don't actually mind tbh, I think even if it were dued at the conclusion of T3, you probably will have a similar amount of students struggling to complete the task. An extension, personally, doesn't make me work any faster lol

I think it's good that some parts are literal though. Abstract can be too displaced; sometimes it's good to ground concepts. Your other interlinked ideas can then flow from your literal one (which audiences will get). Don't beat yourself up too much, you've been really passionate about art all year around :) I'm sure you'll do well.

Hahah yeah, I can pm you my artwork. I do love art compare to other subjects haha. Never really struggled in art

moonshoes

HSC
N/A

I'll pm you mine :D

milkytea99

HSC
Btw. When do you think nominations results come out? Next week?

milkytea99

HSC
Have the markers been to your school yet? I have no clue when they're coming to my school.... :/
Are markers coming to your school to mark as well? My teacher told us that they've already been there around 17-25 October

milkytea99

HSC
Have the markers been to your school yet? I have no clue when they're coming to my school.... :/
Basically all marking is done by now, and usually when the markers come, it's on a day we don't have exams or such, so you can't see them haha

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Basically all marking is done by now, and usually when the markers come, it's on a day we don't have exams or such, so you can't see them haha
I emailed my teacher and she said they'd been and gone! What a relief! When are you picking up your artwork?

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Were you nominated?
For artexpress? Not that I know of. I don't think I will be though - my artwork is kind of different from what they usually go for. Really, artexpress would be amazing but I'm just pleased that I'm done with my body of work and nearly done with the hsc all together.

Did you get nominated?

milkytea99

HSC
For artexpress? Not that I know of. I don't think I will be though - my artwork is kind of different from what they usually go for. Really, artexpress would be amazing but I'm just pleased that I'm done with my body of work and nearly done with the hsc all together.

Did you get nominated?
I'm not sure, I'm going to school tomorrow to ask my teacher haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)