2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
i feel like i needed for pull this out for those who aren't sure if maffs n0tes are a gr8 idea:
*sighs*

When I say that I make notes for maths I don't read it as I do past papers nor do I read them frequently

Like I said, it's to trigger my memory

Nothing more, nothing less

astroman

HSC
How is one expected to remember every single formula if you have no notes to remember them off of?

Ekman

HSC
How is one expected to remember every single formula if you have no notes to remember them off of?
With enough practice, those formula's will become second knowledge to you. Better yet, there are those who take it a step further and create their own mini shortcuts to solving questions effectively and efficiently

astroman

HSC
why do catholic trial papers have errors in them? Can't they proofread them before? are they that lazy?

pomsky

HSC
why do catholic trial papers have errors in them? Can't they proofread them before? are they that lazy?
It's like some of my school's papers from dodgy faculties hahaha.
/re-uses the same paper for the past 4 years
/still have mistakes

astroman

HSC
tbh, some of the sample answers can be poor, in that they're too short or too long (what i've seen for chem tho)
i mean as in the actual questions, there is a page at the end that says replace this word with certain other word or don't do this question, do this instead, shit like that.

Drsoccerball

HSC
As i said before... "Making notes for maths is like wearing a raincoat when having a shower" yes you make get wet but its not cleaning shit...

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
As i said before... "Making notes for maths is like wearing a raincoat when having a shower" yes you make get wet but its not cleaning shit...
Isnt it the whole raincoats purpose not to get you wet. So what is this analogy saying?

Thunderstorm

HSC
Isnt it the whole raincoats purpose not to get you wet. So what is this analogy saying?
The analogy is saying you get exposed to content without really learning it.
Which I can agree with to some extent. That being said, there's nothing wrong with a little formula book to refer to, and read while taking a dump or travelling. Practice questions are obviously first and foremost most important.

Drsoccerball

HSC
The analogy is saying you get exposed to content without really learning it.
Which I can agree with to some extent. That being said, there's nothing wrong with a little formula book to refer to, and read while taking a dump or travelling. Practice questions are obviously first and foremost most important.
No i just find it funny to say ahahah in year 10 PDHPE thats how the teacher said condoms were ahahahah

Flop21

HSC
more accurately, 'chapter summaries'
So do I.

It's the first thing I do when starting my revision or study. I make them from the cambridge textbook, which allows me to go through every single thing and make sure I haven't missed anything or my teacher hasn't (my school doesn't use textbook, they make their own workbooks and notes etc.). Most times I have missed something, usually minor, but good to know.

Then I start doing practice questions, and will usually need to look back at notes every now and then.

And after some revision I don't need them and can do lots of past papers etc.

And if I do get stuck or have some brain fog, I can just look at the notes again.

And so I can format them nice after HSC and sell them or give them to friends doing HSC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)